Inquiry on K-750 wiring and gearbox, plus damper.

Trinidad

On 4/6/2021 at 1:24 PM, Vance Blosser said:

Good advice from all. If you are having trouble tracing a wire from one end of the harness to the other, another tool that can help is a cable tracker. It consists of 2 pieces, a signal generator that you clip to the wire, and a receiver that detects the signal and thus the wire. Harbor Freight carries one and they are available at other places too. I would try the other methods listed first as it avoids the expense (about $25 US) but if you aren't having luck this can help. Here's a link to the Harbor Freight one:  https://www.harborfreight.com/cable-tracker-94181.html

Thanks vance. After careful consideration and procrastination, I've decided to just go with making my own harness. I've found a reliable diagram to follow (many thanks to the pdf's of this forum) and I'll take it from there. Next I just need to learn how to take out and put back in the front and rear wheels, to inspect those bearings, and find how to install the rear brake system.

Slow and steady gets the job done on these simple machines. Carefully note the orientation of the roller bearings in the wheels, their placement is counterintuitive to many because they are set up to handle the side thrusts from the sidecar.

• 1 month later...

Making your own harness is good fun but also forces you to understand each of the circuits, following on from previous comments I’d suggest drawing each circuit on paper, computer or whatever first so you have a work plan and record and something you can communicate to others if you get stuck.

It’s not that difficult once you get stuck in and you’ll finish with a better product than the original with effort.

ND