Left jug blowing oil

There is a gasket between cylinder and block, that may have failed. Or you may have loose head nuts as surmised or broken or stripped long stude (the ones that run from the head to the crankcase). Has anything been done to the bike recently? I'm not sure about 2015 but the gaskets used to have a hole on the bottom to allow return oil flow from the valves back to the crankcase; if the holes are misaligned oil will fill the valve cover and it can seep down the cylinder towards the crankcase.

I replaced the head gasket and the leak has stopped. However, I still have the back fire problem and the fact that my engine does not want to idle at all. I'm thinking at this point the problem there is either a dirty screen in the fuel tank, a dirt fuel filter, or quite possibly a dirty air filter. It might also be the throttle cable needs to be adjusted. Your thoughts on this?

I assume you readjusted the valves when you replaced the head gasket. Backfiring tends to indicate a lean condition, so check the mount between the head and the carb. If it's leaking air it will affect the idle and cause running issues.

Did you check the carb bowl for water? I've had misfires, etc. if some water gets into the bowl, it forms a ball and rolls around. When it covers the intake it screws up the mixture.

The cables usually don't induce backfires. If you have a carb balancer it couldn't hurt to balance them.

I assume you readjusted the valves when you replaced the head gasket. Backfiring tends to indicate a lean condition, so check the mount between the head and the carb. If it's leaking air it will affect the idle and cause running issues.

Did you check the carb bowl for water? I've had misfires, etc. if some water gets into the bowl, it forms a ball and rolls around. When it covers the intake it screws up the mixture.

The cables usually don't induce backfires. If you have a carb balancer it couldn't hurt to balance them.

My bike is a 2015 with EFI. Carburetors can definitely ruled out and the valves were within specs. I also drained the tank and pulled the screen. It had a lot of rust and one dead bug choking it off. Cleaned it and still no joy. I wish this was something as simple as carburetors.

Brain fart on my part, sorry. I knew that they had been fuel injected since 2014 but temporarily forgot. Can you swap throttle bodies from one side to the other to see if the issue moves with it? That would at least help to indicated whether it's regular mechanical or fuel injection....

Vance:

I think (*) the throttle bodies are Left and Right, so might not be easy to swap sides for testing.

Prove me wrong...

If an oxygen sensor is failing, the computer fuel mixture could be getting set too lean.

'Wish I had a real solution suggestion for the O.P.

~RN

I replaced the head gasket and the leak has stopped. However, I still have the back fire problem and the fact that my engine does not want to idle at all. I'm thinking at this point the problem there is either a dirty screen in the fuel tank, a dirt fuel filter, or quite possibly a dirty air filter. It might also be the throttle cable needs to be adjusted. Your thoughts on this?

1. What EFI map are you running?

2. Do you have the ability and equipment to balance your throttle bodies at idle correctly?

Warm idle speed should be set to 1050rpm.

air can still get in with EFI if the seal fails ..luckily i've not had to touch them since new but a seal is a seal i presume or am i completely misunderstanding this witchcraft that EFI is haha ...could you spray something around them to see if it makes a difference when running?

1. What EFI map are you running?

2. Do you have the ability and equipment to balance your throttle bodies at idle correctly?

Warm idle speed should be set to 1050rpm.

I don't know what EFI map I am running nor do I have either the equipment or the ability at this point to balance the throttle bodies out. Can a guy purchase that sort of stuff on a tight budget? Thanks.

air can still get in with EFI if the seal fails ..luckily i've not had to touch them since new but a seal is a seal i presume or am i completely misunderstanding this witchcraft that EFI is haha ...could you spray something around them to see if it makes a difference when running?

What seal where? You are right about EFI being witchcraft. I am almost tempted to go and trade off for a 2013. At least I understand the principles of carburetors.