modifying dnepr tractor seat

Does this saddle make my butt look big?

I've got a 2000 RAM Dnepr, which since buying earlier this summer has been a wild hoot. However, there's one problem for longer rides: I'm 6'4", and the bike's bench seat is set too short for me to sit the front, and just a tad too far back to sit as if I were a passenger. So I sit pretty much on top of the hump.

So I was thinking to myself, since I never will have a rear passenger, why not put a tractor seat on it. Sounds great, but the standard tractor seat doesn't sit any further back. Anyone have any ideas on how to offset the seat back a little ways? For that matter, does anyone have an idea where to get a tractor seat to start out with?

post-49862-0-03997400-1505268340_thumb.jpg

A "tractor" seat probably won't help you... you'll just be sitting on the back edge of it. That said, I do have a tractor seat and a tractor passenger seat for sale. I went British on the problem and adapted an antique Lycett solo seat and BMW luggage rack, The Lycett is larger than the tractor seat, and much, much more comfortable, and I even think it looks better... but I found it still didn't move me back adequately.

A tractor seat will work and is quite comfortable. But a nose bracket with extended reach is required else your legs being forward will not be able to fall down to the ground at stops to steady yourself.......if you have a solo. With a side car not and issue. About 8 to 10 inches extension is necessary to place your legs back in a uncramped position.

I would add a gel pad in the shape of the seat delays monkeybutt syndrome. The rear I supported with I believe they were 4 inch coil springs with perches I bought from ebay. Just the same I have a fully cushioned seat for long rides that I interchange. Got the tractor seat from a flea/ antique mall. Cost about 35 if I remember correctly. They sell them new for those little lawn scooters though.