• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 uraldude

uraldude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:02 PM

I asked Claude if I could post this here. This is a great rally open to all.
The Urals will usually get together for some off road fun, and the Baltika will be flowing around the lantern.  :biggrin:

-JD

July 31- August 3, 2008 ISOK Sidecar Ron-Dee-Voo V International Sidecar Rally Hosted by the Internet Sidecar Owners Klub at the beautiful Union County Sportsman's Club and Wildlife Sanctuary.

Located near Weikert, PA in scenic central Pennsylvania. Note that two new rest rooms have been added at the pavilion in the past year. Interstate 80 to Lewisburg, PA exit (Rt. 15 south). Rt. 15 south to Rt. 45 west to Rt. 235 to Laurelton. In Laurelton, turn right at four way stop. Rally site is a couple of miles out on the left. Look for the signs. Motels are within 20 miles of site. Adults $45, children (9-12) $10, adult day pass $10 (includes admission only), children 8 and under no charge but must be accompanied by an adult. Pre-register by June 30 and receive 5 dollars off rally fees.

All sidecars and solo's interested in sidecars welcome. Pets are allowed. Rally fee includes, three nights camping (RV Spots are available at no additional charge), Dinner rides Thursday and Friday , Saturday morning breakfast buffet and Saturday evening awards dinner (Note Friday morning breakfast will be available for additional charge).

Rally fee includes sidecar games with trophies, awards, children's activities, 24 hour coffee, tours, door prizes, Dual sport ride, a Red Green Fest consisting of video's and a Red Green and/or supporting cast dress up contest, The ISOK Annual Door Prize, 60/40 drawing (YOU get the 60%). Sunday morning worship service.

The prestigious Hal Kendall 'Excellence in Sidecaring Award' presentation for 2008 will take place during the Saturday awards dinner. Past winners were Chris Dodson, Doug Bingham and Vern Goodwin.

Important Note:
There will be a sidecar skills test program on Thursday, July 31st . Be sure to indicate if you plan to attend. There is an additional ten-dollar fee specifically for this training to cover literature and expenses.

Watch Hack'd Magazine, The Sidecarist, BMWON, http://autos.groups....o.com/group/SCT , http://www.sidecar.com and other sites for updates and more info.

Send pre-registration and sidecar skills test fees by check or money order with self addressed stamped envelope to:
Claude Stanley
760 Diebler Lane
Middleburg, PA 17842
PH. 570-837-5182, or
EMAIL: cstanley@sunlink.net
Be sure to indicate what the money is for. Feel free to call with any questions. Vendors welcome...contact Claude in advance.
THIS IS THE BIG ONE...SEE YOU AT THE RON DEE VOO ! !

Attached is a group shot from 2005.

Attached Files

#2 Rich Maund

Rich Maund

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with three wheels and motors!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:46 AM

I'll be  there!
Rich Maund
Rich's Cycle Upholstery
"Your Ass Will Thank You"
2003 Ural Retro Custom Rig "Oleysia"

#3 rjmidge

rjmidge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:39 PM

me too and i hope all the pineys guys and larry to lead the rooski chant..sparta bob

#4 mracer

mracer

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Interests:Vintage racing, cars, motorcycles, art, books, travel, weapons, photography, my wife and my son.

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:03 PM

View Postrjmidge, on Jul 4 2008, 05:39 PM, said:

me too and i hope all the pineys guys and larry to lead the rooski chant..sparta bob

i am planing to attend as well. Just need to get the trailer first.   :thumbsup!:  :blink:
Max

#5 Claude

Claude

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:47 AM

Wanted to let you all know that plans for RDV V are coming along good. Pre regitrations are at the same level as last year. Little Siberia is waiting for you!
In case you missed it we are raffling off a sidecar again this year. It is a Chang Jaing built by Jimbo's Classic Sidecars. Tickets are 20 bucks each and no more than 250 will be sold. Don't have to be present to win. You can mail monies to :
claude Stanley
760 diebler lane
middleburg, pa
up untill july 29th. Yes,you can buy more than one ticket. TICKETS WILL ALSO BE ON SALE AT THE RON DEE VOO.
Winner is reponsible for any taxes or legal requirements associated with this. Also, getting the sidecar home is the reponsibility of the winner. I can store it for a while and will do all possible to help out. We can also provide mounting to a bike if that is desired. Price of mounting etc is additional of course.
Feel free to give me a call at 570 837 5182 or 570 837 5120 or email cstanley@sunlink.net
Please pass the word on...would like to do this type of raffle each year but we need to cover the costs best we can to make it happen.
C U @ the RON DEE VOO!
Claude

#6 BigLarry

BigLarry

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:47 PM

I'll be there...  ROOSKI ROOSKI!!!

Larry

#7 Rich Maund

Rich Maund

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with three wheels and motors!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:48 AM

I'm looking forwards to this Rally!!  :flame-on!:
Rich Maund
Rich's Cycle Upholstery
"Your Ass Will Thank You"
2003 Ural Retro Custom Rig "Oleysia"

#8 mracer

mracer

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Interests:Vintage racing, cars, motorcycles, art, books, travel, weapons, photography, my wife and my son.

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:17 PM

does anyone have exact address to this place? i ahve a friend trying to get there in the evening and it sounds like an easy place to get lost in the dark.
Max

#9 uraldude

uraldude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:13 PM

View Postmracer, on Jul 22 2008, 02:17 PM, said:

does anyone have exact address to this place? i ahve a friend trying to get there in the evening and it sounds like an easy place to get lost in the dark.

There are small signs for the Rally off Rte 45, But it would be an interesting place to find in the dark.  
It is before the town of Weikert

go to http://maps.google.com/maps
and "search the map" for  
Unknown road @40.861238, -77.284963

The wife and I will be there sometime Thursday.
There has been some discussion about a trip to the drive-in movies again this year.  
Looking forward to another great year at the RonDeeVoo.  

Don't forget to bring quarters for the showers.  

JD

Attached Files

#10 IVANGROZNEY

IVANGROZNEY

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:06 PM

There were drive in movies? What's playing?
New Jersey Ken,
94 Tourist w/750 original owner
95 Solo Dr Jeckel
Traveling Twelve 04
Vice Commissar Eastern Seaboard Division CURD

#11 BigLarry

BigLarry

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:48 PM

A little commentary added to the SAT image...

Ordered the Baltika today!!!

ROOSKI ROOSKI!!!

:flame-on!:     :beerchug:

Attached Files

#12 David B.

David B.

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:09 PM

View PostIVANGROZNEY, on Jul 22 2008, 06:06 PM, said:

There were drive in movies? What's playing?

They try to get a drive-in group Thursday night.  Last year only three rigs went and that may have been the biggest turn out.

I forget what town it's in but it is a bit of a ride.   You don't know what's playing ahead of time because they change the features on Thursdays.
David B.

Presently;  '07 Tourist

Previously;  '03 Tourist, '04 Patrol, '?? Mt16, '65 MV750

#13 IVANGROZNEY

IVANGROZNEY

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:28 PM

View PostBigLarry, on Jul 22 2008, 06:48 PM, said:

A little commentary added to the SAT image...

Ordered the Baltika today!!!

ROOSKI ROOSKI!!!

:flame-on!:     :beerchug:

Little Siberia is actualy just east of there. This Satilite image is on an angle and the strip between the trees looks narrower than it really is. can you tell I'm a surveyor?  I have not actually worked with satilite images since collage. It's close enough for the newbees to find us.
New Jersey Ken,
94 Tourist w/750 original owner
95 Solo Dr Jeckel
Traveling Twelve 04
Vice Commissar Eastern Seaboard Division CURD

#14 BigLarry

BigLarry

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:42 AM

[/quote]

It's close enough for the newbees to find us.
[/quote]

That was the general idea.   :thumbsup!:

Larry

#15 mracer

mracer

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:00 PM

Is there a shooting range somewhere near there? I found this one but not sure if it's in the area or not.
Trevorton - Zerbe Township Rod & Gun Club, Sportsman's Drive, Trevorton, PA 17881.
Max

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users