#61 MG34Biker

MG34Biker

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:33 PM

View PostDark Knight, on Feb 22 2009, 08:47 PM, said:

WTF is right!  Who raised these people to think that it was/is okay to fondle another personís property without permission?

The entitlement culture, brah!  Everybody is entitled to a new car, McMansion, free college education, medical insurance, a VP position..right out of high school.

Somebody has put into these people's minds that they are special, even if they've never accomplished a single fornicating thing on their own.
K750/CJ750 Frankenskooter

Russian Iron MC
Colorado Cossacks Chapter

#62 conqueror

conqueror

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:playing the accordion, video games, my motorcycle

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:58 PM

View Postlsu72, on Feb 15 2009, 10:07 AM, said:

I always thought that this phrase printed on a sticker placed on top of the gas tank would suffice......

YOU TOUCHA MY BIKE, I BREAKA YOU FACE!

I like this one a lot...but i don't know if it'll work too good in Romanian, hmm...

Vasile
You Drink. You Ride. You Crash. You Die. Your brother-in-law gets the bike. Bummer.
Everything happens for a reason.

Vasile Tudoran
19?? M72
conqueror1721@yahoo.com

#63 go.warcat

go.warcat

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Interests:Jeeps, backpacking, beer, camping, shooting, Urals!!!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:42 AM

I'm getting in to CURRENT thread topics!  2009 at least ... and I'm in the teens!

I love the suggestions here about how to keep people (and rug rats) off of your bike.  I'm also glad to see that there are MANY who feel the same way I do.

Favorite;
YOU TOUCHA MY BIKE, I BREAKA YOU FACE!

Do signs work? If you put it on your seat?  I posted this picture on another thread of mine and I like it!  Maybe I should put my profile (firearms) picture next to my rig?  "See this picture?  This is how I look on a regular basis.  Want to see what a good shot I am?  Sit on my bike and watch for the pink spray."  HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I didn't have kids for a reason and I sure as hell don't want them on my bike.  With regards to the skank Hooters girls Ö if they came near it I would have to wash my rig in BLEACH Ö and I know that's gotta be bad for the paint. *laugh*

It's hard for me to believe that people would see a motor bike as "public property".  The more I am around the general public the more I shouldn't even question this.  People are idiots.  I can see it now Ö a Ural owner gets SUED because some tool shed sat on the rig in a parking lot, slipped and broke their head open.  I am amazed at stupid stuff that my ghetto neighbors do in our area.  It seems this "all about me" way of thinking is a disease.

More power to those who find this behavior expectable.  I just can't do it.  I had to go through great sacrifices to get my dream bike and I sure don't want anything to happen to it (especially while it's sitting in a parking log).  If anybody is going to ding it up it sure as hell fire isn't gonna be some git who just has to have their picture taken on it or momma's little germ spreader.

I digress.   :unsure2:   I don't even have the Ural yet and I'm already an over protective she-lion! HAHA!

Attached Files

2009 Gear-Up Sahara
Name: WARCAT

#64 Becky Blosser

Becky Blosser

Russian Bike Nut

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:18 PM

So far, we haven't found anybody on our bike(s) in 10+ years of ownership unless invited.  OTOH, the first one (the Hexed One) had lots of chips on the gas tank from kids climbing all over it (it was a dealer's demo).

I do take precautions - for example, if we go to Dairy Queen, the bike is not out of my sight.  Wired kids and lots of them - being careful won't hurt.

Seriously, these bikes could be classed as "attractive nuisances" and they don't fall over if someone climbs on them.  What worries me is someday returning to the bike and finding where some kid has climbed on it and fallen off - and has litigious parents.  If IMWA ever does the CycleWorld shows again, and you have a chance to work the booth, you will know why this worries me.  

BTW, this happened at my workplace - one of the guys had an AWESOMELY customized Harley.  This bike was gorgeous.  One day, we had overseas visitors - and before they left, each of them had had their picture taken on the bike.  Without the owner's knowledge or consent.  Had he known, there would definitely have been an international incident.
Becky Blosser
Russian Iron Administrator

Winchester, VA
A lonely outpost on the Eastern Front

"The answer to any question starting, 'Why don't they-' is almost always, 'Money.'" - Robert A. Heinlein

#65 Ken Ulrich

Ken Ulrich

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles,sidecars,airplanes,model airplanes,metal working( machinist) wood working, beer drinking ( one a day). staying busy. updating MT11 "Sweet Thang" ( silk purse from a sows ear) not silk yet, but getting close. talking to god so that I may take it all with me

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:57 AM

The thought occurs, that if a sign was placed on the seat, that if you sat on said seat, with out the owner invitation, you would experience a world class electrical shock, it would at least give some pause for thought, those who ignored the sign, would look good, doing an imitation of the latest space probe.....Ken :thumbsup!:

#66 Gummiente

Gummiente

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • Interests:Bikes, drums, beer, food

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:31 AM

View PostBecky Blosser, on Oct 28 2009, 06:18 PM, said:

One day, we had overseas visitors - and before they left, each of them had had their picture taken on the bike. Without the owner's knowledge or consent. Had he known, there would definitely have been an international incident.
In the four years that have passed since I took the Ivanic Plunge, I can recall only one instance where someone sat on my rig without my consent... and it almost was an international incident. A local Veterans motorcycle club had set up a Show & Shine down on the waterfront strip of Kingston, Ontario one sunny, warm Saturday in July two years ago. Kingston is a reknowned tourist trap that sees thousands of visitors annually from all over the globe. On this occasion, four big buses had dropped off a huge pack of Japanese tourists halfway through the event and they were busy milling about with the crowd looking at all the bikes. I was off to one side standing on the sidewalk with my back to the Ural when another rider said "Oh-oh..." and tugged on my sleeve. He pointed behind me and I turned to see a grinning little Japanese fellow sitting in the drivers seat of my Ural, posing for a photo. Me - all dressed up in leather vest, jeans, black shirt, Blues Brothers sunglasses, long hair and beard - headed directly for him. The photographer saw me coming first, he lowered the camera and actually went a couple shades lighter in skin tone. He started babbling something to the guy on my Ural, pointing at me and making a waving motion telling him to get off NOW. But the little fellow didn't see me coming until I was right beside him. He turned just in time to see my hand coming at his shoulder (honestly, I was only going to tap him to get his attention) and he FLEW off the rig, ducked under my arm and ran over to his buddy. He then turned and made numerous deep bows in my direction, babbling the whole time and wringing his hands. Didn't take much imagination to realise he was genuinely sorry - and just a little bit scared. It was actually pretty funny to watch and I had to turn my back and smile at one point because he was just SO comical in his sincerity. I'll bet he never went near another bike the rest of his vacation. :thumbsup!:
Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
oVc Sales & Service
www.uralontario.ca

#67 Red25

Red25

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:38 AM

View PostDark Knight, on Feb 22 2009, 11:47 PM, said:

WTF is right!  Who raised these people to think that it was/is okay to fondle another person’s property without permission?

What to DO! What to Do!

I'm new to 2 & 3 wheeling. I have given a lot of thought to "uninvited guests" and thoughtless spoiled teens looking for trophy's. I'm getting a Red October and will use it for general transportation to market, runs to the YMCA, trips to many public places and so on(retired). The machine has this Hammer & Sickle box on the back that's really cool....but I can imagine someone prying it off as a trophy. When I go to the Y there is a High School right next door and there are way to many teens moving through the parking lot. I just know ever time I look out the window there will be kids all over it like cockroach's. I hate the thought of not using, or limiting use, for fear of stupid self centered people. I don't want to be overly aggressive either it would spoil the whole reason for owning the machine....fun and happiness.

Many of the comments don't give me a warm a fuzzy expectation. Am I wrong?

Red 25
'10 Red October - "Baba Yaga"

#68 Martyn

Martyn

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:before accident,i used to play the bodhran with a folk rock band .i read a lot-especially early Japanese history .i am passionate about motorcycles,i've never had a car.i used to be a support worker, looking after the elderly,infirm,mentally&physically disabled.again untill my accident.

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:23 AM

View PostIsenhelm, on Apr 23 2008, 04:15 PM, said:

The wife and I went to the book store, one of those national chain book stores that are often on the huge sprawling new plazas and this one was as well.

I walk out of the store and look out to the parking lot ahead of me and I see this chubby young woman taking pictures and it seems to be in the direction of my GU...
thats fine I guess.. but then I notice she is taking pictures of someone sitting on my GU! oh no! the first thing I think of is my carbs.... But in general I am infuriated.

As I approach the one who was taking the pictures is now suspicious that the angry looking man in the leather jacket walking towards them might be the owner while the other one is flapping her yap about it still... young woman maybe 20.. Its hard to tell these days.

I could not believe it. I thought there was some universal INSTINCT in people not to touch and definitely not to get on motorcycles?? I guess I was wrong.

Now that I know I was wrong I will be hopping into and onto every classic car or motorcycle I see and posing for pics.

So, how many of you has this happened to?
i parked my ural outside a kebab shop,went in to order, looked out the window - there was a drunken twat sitting on my rig! out i went told him to get off but he just laughed-i hit him with my helmet accross the head i went to finish the job but he went away.i'm not normally nasty,but people need to respect others property.
illegitimus non tatum carbourundum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)