• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Ken Ulrich

Ken Ulrich

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles,sidecars,airplanes,model airplanes,metal working( machinist) wood working, beer drinking ( one a day). staying busy. updating MT11 "Sweet Thang" ( silk purse from a sows ear) not silk yet, but getting close. talking to god so that I may take it all with me

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:33 AM

Fry-Daddy has a 10 hp gen attached, that will lite up most things, bring ur own extension cords and lights, micro waves,coffee pots, etc.........................Ken :atombomb:

#17 hdflame

hdflame

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Firefighting
    Riding Bikes
    Grilling and Smoking
    Upholstery and Leatherwork

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:53 AM

View PostKen Ulrich, on Mar 26 2008, 01:33 AM, said:

Fry-Daddy has a 10 hp gen attached, that will lite up most things, bring ur own extension cords and lights, micro waves,coffee pots, etc.........................Ken :atombomb:

I'm getting ready to go get one of those gas powered Coleman coffee pots from Walmart...I saw them last night!

Ride safe,
Bobby
2006 Ural Tourist
2004 Firefighter Edition Road King
Cell 919-353-1096
Custom Lap Robes
Riddle's Custom Upholstery
Email me

#18 johnR

johnR

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:20 AM

View Posthdflame, on Mar 24 2008, 10:23 PM, said:

View PostjohnR, on Mar 24 2008, 01:00 PM, said:

As long as my daughter holds the ole grandson in I'll be making a low country boil either Friday or Saturday for dinner(depending on when it would be put to most use).  I also plan on making some flapjacks and bacon in the mornings and will bring enough to make a bunch.
Mike-did the reservations go good....is it still going to be at site #4 at Vista Point?
John

Hey John,

This is Bobby...not Mike :biggrin:  I see your question has already been answered!  I called on the morning before I went to make the reservations and there was still sites left at Vista Point.  I rode by the campsites on the way to see which one would be the best, by the time I got to the ranger station the only one left was #5, and it was right on a swampy area.  The girl told me it was under water last week so I didn't think it would be a good choice.

She told me she still had sites left at Parkers Point, so I got one there.  It's got 3 BBQ grills, 5 picnic tables, and a huge fire pit.  I think we'll be alright.  I hope the weather holds out Saturday!

The weather forecast has changed somewhat from this morning...now one says no rain for Saturday and one says temps in the 80's!  Should be pretty nice. :party:
Sorry Bobby......I had just gotten off the phone with Mike Weaver when I wrote that........its a shame that the mind can go at such a tender age!!

Thanks a lot for getting the site.  All of the camping there is good, I'm really looking forward to it.
So far the daughter is holding out!!  I am knocking off the big chunks of dirt that are on the bike today and getting her ready.  I'm not sure that I am going to be able to bring her (shoulder is still giving me fits sometimes), but I'll be there if I can bring her or not.
John

#19 dwight

dwight

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:05 PM

View PostjohnR, on Mar 26 2008, 11:20 AM, said:

View Posthdflame, on Mar 24 2008, 10:23 PM, said:

View PostjohnR, on Mar 24 2008, 01:00 PM, said:

As long as my daughter holds the ole grandson in I'll be making a low country boil either Friday or Saturday for dinner(depending on when it would be put to most use).  I also plan on making some flapjacks and bacon in the mornings and will bring enough to make a bunch.
Mike-did the reservations go good....is it still going to be at site #4 at Vista Point?
John

Hey John,

This is Bobby...not Mike :biggrin:  I see your question has already been answered!  I called on the morning before I went to make the reservations and there was still sites left at Vista Point.  I rode by the campsites on the way to see which one would be the best, by the time I got to the ranger station the only one left was #5, and it was right on a swampy area.  The girl told me it was under water last week so I didn't think it would be a good choice.

She told me she still had sites left at Parkers Point, so I got one there.  It's got 3 BBQ grills, 5 picnic tables, and a huge fire pit.  I think we'll be alright.  I hope the weather holds out Saturday!

The weather forecast has changed somewhat from this morning...now one says no rain for Saturday and one says temps in the 80's!  Should be pretty nice. :party:
Sorry Bobby......I had just gotten off the phone with Mike Weaver when I wrote that........its a shame that the mind can go at such a tender age!!

Thanks a lot for getting the site.  All of the camping there is good, I'm really looking forward to it.
So far the daughter is holding out!!  I am knocking off the big chunks of dirt that are on the bike today and getting her ready.  I'm not sure that I am going to be able to bring her (shoulder is still giving me fits sometimes), but I'll be there if I can bring her or not.
John

I'm bringing a few batches of home made cookies that my wife has whipped up special for the rally. I'll see about getting something as a side dish for Friday night along with some non-alcoholic drinkables for anyone who isn't looking to partake in the stronger stuff!

See you all Friday!

Dwight
'05 Tourist
'93 Solo
Ridin' the back roads of Holly Springs and Apex, NC
www.dwightrahl.com

#20 Big Mike

Big Mike

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:55 AM

Thinking I'll get a bunch of hot dogs and all of the fixins as a backup to all of the other food in case there's anyone who can't eat, or isn't fond of the main menu. Can't go wrong with a dog, unless of course you're a vegetarian, sorry I don't know soy....

And for Jan and Richard I'll make a stop in the morning at the Peanut place.... How many pounds should I get????

-Mike
2006 Tourist (black) - "The Proletariat Chariot"

#21 Bural

Bural

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:00 AM

View PostBig Mike, on Mar 27 2008, 08:55 AM, said:

Thinking I'll get a bunch of hot dogs and all of the fixins as a backup to all of the other food in case there's anyone who can't eat, or isn't fond of the main menu. Can't go wrong with a dog, unless of course you're a vegetarian, sorry I don't know soy....

And for Jan and Richard I'll make a stop in the morning at the Peanut place.... How many pounds should I get????

-Mike

We were just checking the email before we take off, and saw your post about the peanuts.  Yeah Man :biggrin:  Do they still sell them by the peck?   Going to Lincolnton first, and finish the trip Friday with Philip and Sandy.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Richard & Jan
96 R90 Ural (for sale soon)
Dnepr/BMWR90  The Beepr

#22 hdflame

hdflame

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Firefighting
    Riding Bikes
    Grilling and Smoking
    Upholstery and Leatherwork

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:09 AM

View PostBig Mike, on Mar 27 2008, 08:55 AM, said:

-Mike

Are we talking SC Boiled Peanuts???  I got my daughter hooked on those when we lived in Charleston.  Used to get Ham Boiled Peanuts.  Don't know if you can still get them or not...something about the food inspectors didn't like them sitting in ham boiled water for hours.  Guess cause the temps weren't regulated.

Dang, with all this food, we won't have time to ride!  I put the turkey in a brine solution last night.  Never brined one before, but it's supposed to be good.  Salt, brown sugar, and water.  I usually inject marinade in it, but think I'll just go with the marinade this time to see what a difference it makes.  It's supposed to make it real moist, we'll see.

Ride safe,
Bobby
2006 Ural Tourist
2004 Firefighter Edition Road King
Cell 919-353-1096
Custom Lap Robes
Riddle's Custom Upholstery
Email me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users