• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Firefighting
    Riding Bikes
    Grilling and Smoking
    Upholstery and Leatherwork

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:49 AM

From looking at the poll, it seems that the majority wants to eat all dinners.  I assume that will be Friday night and Saturday night?

That doesn't keep people from eating together other meals if they want.

I plan on Frying a turkey, will probably do that for Saturday, and I will make a big pan of baked beans Friday night.  I'll make a big pot of Pinto beans for Saturday also.

I know I have heard others say Frogmore Stew and other things...just wanted to make sure that we didn't have everyone bringing the same things.

We still need paper goods and I know some have said they would bring those.

I'm not starting a diet till I get back on MONDAY! lol ;)

Ride safe,
Bobby
2006 Ural Tourist
2004 Firefighter Edition Road King
Cell 919-353-1096
Custom Lap Robes
Riddle's Custom Upholstery
Email me

#2 Bural

Bural

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:04 AM

Checking past postings, Qball mentioned corned beef, cabbage and carrots for Friday night and beans and greens for Saturday.  Bill Gunter mentioned chili and cornbread for Saturday as well.  We will be traveling on our rig, so very little room, but will add to the feast. maybe some fresh rolls or bread, and also help with prep and clean up.
Richard & Jan
96 R90 Ural (for sale soon)
Dnepr/BMWR90  The Beepr

#3 johnR

johnR

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:00 PM

As long as my daughter holds the ole grandson in I'll be making a low country boil either Friday or Saturday for dinner(depending on when it would be put to most use).  I also plan on making some flapjacks and bacon in the mornings and will bring enough to make a bunch.
Mike-did the reservations go good....is it still going to be at site #4 at Vista Point?
John

#4 Mark_MB750M

Mark_MB750M

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:12 PM

I'm checking how everything packs on the rig, but I'm planning to bring a case of Russian (Baltika) and Ukrainian (Oblomov?) beer.  I'll be happy to chip in and/or do prep/clean up work.

Mark
Current:
2002 Ural Tourist
2017 Harley-Davidson FLHTK

Previous:
2000 BMW RT1100RT
1975 MB-750M
2002 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
1995 Honda Pan-European (ST1100)
1977 Honda CB750F

#5 Bural

Bural

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:28 PM

View PostjohnR, on Mar 24 2008, 01:00 PM, said:

As long as my daughter holds the ole grandson in I'll be making a low country boil either Friday or Saturday for dinner(depending on when it would be put to most use).  I also plan on making some flapjacks and bacon in the mornings and will bring enough to make a bunch.
Mike-did the reservations go good....is it still going to be at site #4 at Vista Point?
John

John,   He couldn't get Site 4 and 5 was a swamp, so it's moved to Parker's Creek, Group site 253.  Closer to the showers, too.
Richard & Jan
Dnepr/BMWR90  The Beepr

#6 QBall

QBall

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:45 PM

View PostBural, on Mar 24 2008, 12:04 PM, said:

Checking past postings, Qball mentioned corned beef, cabbage and carrots for Friday night and beans and greens for Saturday.  Bill Gunter mentioned chili and cornbread for Saturday as well.  We will be traveling on our rig, so very little room, but will add to the feast. maybe some fresh rolls or bread, and also help with prep and clean up.

We are still on schedule to arrive Friday afternoon.  My local shop ran out of corned beef.  I may have to resort to a batch of shredded pork loin, slow cooked.  in a white wine and apple sauce broth, with some garlis (just because) over a bed of rice.  Sorry Corned beef fans.  I do have 3 lbs of dried beans I plan on soaking overnight and simmering Saturday.  I will season them with spices, slat pork and a large onion.  I also want to steam a batch of greens as a side.

Whoo Hoooo
Qball

2007 Gear UP
99 Victory V92C
2000 Triumph TBird

#7 Bural

Bural

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:39 PM

Yum, Yum.
Richard & Jan
Dnepr/BMWR90  The Beepr

#8 zach

zach

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:58 PM

If if you didn't get to ride, you sure would be eating good!

#9 hdflame

hdflame

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
    Riding Bikes
    Grilling and Smoking

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:23 PM

View PostjohnR, on Mar 24 2008, 01:00 PM, said:

John

Hey John,

This is Bobby...not Mike :thumbsup!:  I see your question has already been answered!  I called on the morning before I went to make the reservations and there was still sites left at Vista Point.  I rode by the campsites on the way to see which one would be the best, by the time I got to the ranger station the only one left was #5, and it was right on a swampy area.  The girl told me it was under water last week so I didn't think it would be a good choice.

She told me she still had sites left at Parkers Point, so I got one there.  It's got 3 BBQ grills, 5 picnic tables, and a huge fire pit.  I think we'll be alright.  I hope the weather holds out Saturday!

The weather forecast has changed somewhat from this morning...now one says no rain for Saturday and one says temps in the 80's!  Should be pretty nice. :party:

Attached Files

Ride safe,
Bobby
2006 Ural Tourist
Cell 919-353-1096
Custom Lap Robes
Email me

#10 Ken Ulrich

Ken Ulrich

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles,sidecars,airplanes,model airplanes,metal working( machinist) wood working, beer drinking ( one a day). staying busy. updating MT11 "Sweet Thang" ( silk purse from a sows ear) not silk yet, but getting close. talking to god so that I may take it all with me

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:58 AM

As I said I will take responsibility for the paper goods, plates, hot and cold cups bowl, etc, Maple syrup and some cheese curds, will also bring chain saw, apple wood, power unit and a deep fryer (fry daddy 2qt) Maple syrup is late here this year,  but will find some , some where, we got about 2 in of snow last nite, I can't wait for 80 deg weather. I will be more than happy to be the  cullinery Judge.... bad job, but someone has to do it.....Ken :rolleyes: ... :atombomb:

#11 hdflame

hdflame

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
    Riding Bikes
    Grilling and Smoking

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:53 AM

View PostKen Ulrich, on Mar 25 2008, 08:58 AM, said:

As I said I will take responsibility for the paper goods, plates, hot and cold cups bowl, etc, Maple syrup and some cheese curds, will also bring chain saw, apple wood, power unit and a deep fryer (fry daddy 2qt) Maple syrup is late here this year,  but will find some , some where, we got about 2 in of snow last nite, I can't wait for 80 deg weather. I will be more than happy to be the  cullinery Judge.... bad job, but someone has to do it.....Ken :rolleyes: ... :atombomb:

Ken,

Unless your "Fry Daddy" is gas powered, you'll need an XTRA long drop cord!  There's no power on the site...maybe at the bath house.

I'll have a propane camp stove, 2 burner, and a free standing burner like you fry a turkey in.  I have a second freestanding burner that I could bring if anybody thinks we'll need it, it would need a second gas tank though.  I am bringing a cast iron skillet and 2 pots to use over the freestanding burner.

Also, for those of us that are coffee drinkers, we'll need a couple of coffee pots that can be brewed over fire...no electricity!  I'm going to WallyWorld today and see what they have.  Hopefully they'll have one that's not too expensive.  I'll pick up a can of coffee too.

Durham is not too far, so if we need any supplies, ie. BEER,  :rolleyes: Someone could make a run to the store.

Ride safe,
Bobby
2006 Ural Tourist
Cell 919-353-1096
Custom Lap Robes
Email me

#12 archj

archj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:collecting and shooting WW2 & WW1 Firearms

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:36 AM

A friend just dropped off some eggs his chickens produced, so I will bring some eggs and breakfast meat any preference on the meat

#13 QBall

QBall

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:57 AM

I will have enough coffee for 3 or 4 pots each morning.  I typically get sugar and creamers on route at the gas stops :)  NO cups so bring yer own cup.
Qball

2007 Gear UP
99 Victory V92C
2000 Triumph TBird

#14 hdflame

hdflame

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
    Riding Bikes
    Grilling and Smoking

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:39 AM

View Posthdflame, on Mar 25 2008, 09:53 AM, said:

View PostKen Ulrich, on Mar 25 2008, 08:58 AM, said:

Ken,

Unless your "Fry Daddy" is gas powered, you'll need an XTRA long drop cord!  There's no power on the site...maybe at the bath house.

I'll have a propane camp stove, 2 burner, and a free standing burner like you fry a turkey in.  I have a second freestanding burner that I could bring if anybody thinks we'll need it, it would need a second gas tank though.  I am bringing a cast iron skillet and 2 pots to use over the freestanding burner.

Also, for those of us that are coffee drinkers, we'll need a couple of coffee pots that can be brewed over fire...no electricity!  I'm going to WallyWorld today and see what they have.  Hopefully they'll have one that's not too expensive.  I'll pick up a can of coffee too.

Durham is not too far, so if we need any supplies, ie. BEER,  :rolleyes: Someone could make a run to the store.

Ken,

I was kidding about the Fry Daddy being gas, but check this out!

The Coleman Portable FryWell Table Top Fryer is great for road trips and outdoor excursions. Cordless and completely portable, the FryWell offers 6-quart capacity and adjusts to any temperature up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. The lid has a viewing window that allows you to observe cooking progress. Also features a removable thermometer.

Coleman Portable FryWell Table Top Fryer:

Portable: no cords needed, propane powered
Operates from one 16.4 oz propane cylinder (sold separately)
Family sized, large 6 qt. capacity basket holds up to 1 pound of your favorite food
Over-temperature shut-off sensor helps prevent overheating
Functional lid has vents, viewing window and latches for secure closure
Cooks up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit with 6,000 BTU
Includes thermometer and manual temperature control
Heavy-duty plated-steel basket resists corrosion
Durable high-gloss painted metallic steel exterior resists corrosion
Built-in carry handles for easy transportation
Handles fold down for storage
Safe and easy to clean

And a drip coffee maker too!  Both available at Walmart.

Designed to work with 2- and 3-burner camp stoves, Coleman's Camp Coffeemaker works just like your coffeemaker at home, only without electricity or costly batteries. The special design pulls heat from your camp stove to drip-brew your coffee in only a few minutes. Also heats hot water for cider, cocoa and even soup.

Brews 10 cups of hot coffee
Removable swing-out filter basket
Solid steel base
Easy pour decanter
Brewing pause-and-serve feature
Works with 2- and 3-burner camp stoves

Attached Files

Ride safe,
Bobby
2006 Ural Tourist
Cell 919-353-1096
Custom Lap Robes
Email me

#15 WEGUNTER

WEGUNTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:52 PM

Bill Gunter here:  Should be there by Friday at noon.  Bobby I will call you.  I am indeed bringing a pot of chili and corn bread.   Will also have coffee, trash bags and other stuff. I will also bring the "Captain Morgan" for late nights around the fire.  Bobby I also loaded that four man tent for you and the family.  I have my own two man so we should be good to hook.  Figure I can be there by around 113--1200 and help set up.
Is there a grocery store near by?  Figure we will need to make a run for thing forgotten.

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users