8 replies to this topic

#1 cyrcle

cyrcle

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:18 PM

I'm looking for a machine gun mount ( like found on a gear up ) for my Dnepr MB750 This is the part between the hole in the sidecar and the machine gun. I also need brackets to mount an AK-47 inside the sidecar. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Don Beach
cyrcle@comcast.net

#2 IMZman

IMZman

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:39 PM

You'll be hard pressed to find that stuff this side of the pond. E-mail Lezsek and he can provide all your needs.

http://www.oldtimergarage.szn.pl/
Bill Glaser
2002 Patrol "CYKA"
200,000+ km's since May 2002
Click here to go to: "The Unofficial URAL 750cc Service Manual"

#3 Mud Pie

Mud Pie

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:41 PM

View Postcyrcle, on Dec 9 2007, 06:18 PM, said:

I'm looking for a machine gun mount ( like found on a gear up ) for my Dnepr MB750 This is the part between the hole in the sidecar and the machine gun. I also need brackets to mount an AK-47 inside the sidecar. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Don Beach
cyrcle@comcast.net

Leszek sells the original mounts, plus the original machine gun mount supports and all sorts of stuff that's hard to find.  He's not the cheapest, but in my book, he's the best.  Extremely honest and great to deal with.  I've bought many things from him, including a MG support and DP-28 replica.

http://www.oldtimerg...l/menu_ang.html
2005 Ural Gear Up
1983 Honda C70 Passport

The early bird mat get the worm, but the worm that sleeps late doesn't get eaten

#4 greenmachine

greenmachine

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:52 PM

You might give Terry Crawford a call. I spoke with him a while back and he was getting a mount together for a customer of his IIRC.

There were a couple mounts and some hardware that may have been repro stuff in the USA recently.

The eastern block original mounts used to be dirt cheap and readily available but that isn't the case in the USA at this time.

kermitski
Former Frog-Meister
Rode around the block a couple times
and got rid of that goofy thing...

#5 Ken Ulrich

Ken Ulrich

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles,sidecars,airplanes,model airplanes,metal working( machinist) wood working, beer drinking ( one a day). staying busy. updating MT11 "Sweet Thang" ( silk purse from a sows ear) not silk yet, but getting close. talking to god so that I may take it all with me

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:02 PM

While MG mounts and replicas are fine with me, as of late there have been some real serious nut case shooting incidents, and the law enforcement dudes may or maynot be real ready to to take offence to anyone displaying real or relica arms, It would be tradgic if they made an error, people are getting pretty edgey....Ken :feelssogood:

#6 Stray Dog

Stray Dog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:22 PM

View PostKen Ulrich, on Dec 11 2007, 02:02 PM, said:

While MG mounts and replicas are fine with me, as of late there have been some real serious nut case shooting incidents, and the law enforcement dudes may or maynot be real ready to to take offence to anyone displaying real or relica arms, It would be tradgic if they made an error, people are getting pretty edgey....Ken :feelssogood:
Hey Ken … You are absolutely correct that URaL riders need to be cautious before decking there rig up with military paraphernalia  :beer!:

Neverthelss ... ScootGo finally got a hold of 20 sets of the infamous URaL machine gun mounts for the URaL sidecar.

The USA Homeland security restricted there installation on 07 Gear-ups … but I got’em.

Combined with ScootGo’s highly efficient & functional water cannon, the military past of URaL REALLY comes to life ... albeit, in a fun way  :beerchug:

In any event … MattOnPatrol is tweaking the final water cannon design after several prototypes, so that you will not injure anyone accidentally … Yup the water cannon spray cut right into the card board targets like they were butter!

We have also incorporated some visible safety elements to insure that the RCMP or CSIS (Canada) doesn’t coming knocking on your door.

I hope to be able to post a short .mpeg clip of the unit installed on a URaL Desert Gear-Up in the next few weeks.

Units will be ready for delivery by the first week of January 08, if all goes well (UDF caveat still applies however).

Included with your purchase;

1) Water Cannon: Double Grip with two buttons on/off activation & restricted swivel mount so you do not interfere with MC turning,
- Safety Orange Coloured Safety Band on Cannon Barrel
- H20 Fueled Colour Coded

2) 5g Water Bladder & Hoses & Q-connect fittings

3) 12 volt Water Pump,

4) Mounting Gear:
- URaL Machine Gun Mount & Flanges and assorted metric lock nuts & bolts.  
- M-gun mounted fits internally sidecar, so holes need to be drilled (template supplied)

Supplies are very limited … so please let me know if you want your name penciled in for one ( UralMotorcycles@ScootGo.com )

MSRP is $369.99 for the combined unit.

Ride well and safe.
Бобик aka Stray Dog

#7 csbdr

csbdr

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • Interests:Bikes, flyfishing, riding to flyfishing, bluegrass, playing guitar and banjo, my boy (should have put him first!), camping

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:47 PM

View Postcyrcle, on Dec 9 2007, 05:18 PM, said:

Thanks
Don Beach
cyrcle@comcast.net

johnbg fabbed up a gun mount for his tub.  mebbe his write up would be useful. i can't remember if it's her or on soviet steeds.  chris
2002 Ural Tourist - "Pikop Andropov" 29,500
2003 Yamaha RoadStar
2009 Royal Enfield C5

#8 Mud Pie

Mud Pie

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 05:45 PM

View Postcsbdr, on Dec 12 2007, 02:47 PM, said:

View Postcyrcle, on Dec 9 2007, 05:18 PM, said:

Thanks
Don Beach
cyrcle@comcast.net

johnbg fabbed up a gun mount for his tub.  mebbe his write up would be useful. i can't remember if it's her or on soviet steeds.  chris

John used Russian military surplus AK mounts, the only thing he did different was to use wing-nuts instead of regular nuts.  He wanted the option of being able to easily remove the mounts, being that they get in the passengers way (and tearing the legs of jeans) while sitting in the hack.

The write up was on here, but I think it was a victim of the RIMC Purge of 2007.
2005 Ural Gear Up
1983 Honda C70 Passport

The early bird mat get the worm, but the worm that sleeps late doesn't get eaten

#9 greenmachine

greenmachine

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:07 PM

My barrel gets more of a red color than orange, but only if the burst length is a bit on the aggresive side ...

;-)
kermitski
Former Frog-Meister
Rode around the block a couple times
and got rid of that goofy thing...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users