9 replies to this topic

#1 Tud

Tud

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:49 AM

While not officially tundra, our trip from Baie Comeau, Quebec to Happy Valley/Goose Bay, Labrador has taken on the name "Tundra Run", or "The Labrador 500", which is the name of the highway that runs through Labrador.  Anyway, this is just a quick update to let you know that the dates have been set, the run will take place from June 13th, 2009 to June 20th.  How you get to and from Baie Comeau is up to you.  If you have indicated that you'll be joining us but are not on the list then just send me an e-mail, my address is on the site.  This is a no frills event, there won't be organized games or a trophy for the furthest distance travelled.  About the only thing I'm planning on doing is trying to find a place for people to leave their vehicles and trailers in Bay Comeau if they don't ride their rigs up, and I'll also let you know where I've booked my rooms, once I know.

#2 csbdr

csbdr

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • Interests:Bikes, flyfishing, riding to flyfishing, bluegrass, playing guitar and banjo, my boy (should have put him first!), camping

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:32 AM

View PostTud, on Nov 2 2007, 08:49 AM, said:

While not officially tundra, our trip from Baie Comeau, Quebec to Happy Valley/Goose Bay, Labrador has taken on the name "Tundra Run", or "The Labrador 500", which is the name of the highway that runs through Labrador. Anyway, this is just a quick update to let you know that the dates have been set, the run will take place from June 13th, 2009 to June 20th. How you get to and from Baie Comeau is up to you. If you have indicated that you'll be joining us but are not on the list then just send me an e-mail, my address is on the site. This is a no frills event, there won't be organized games or a trophy for the furthest distance travelled. About the only thing I'm planning on doing is trying to find a place for people to leave their vehicles and trailers in Bay Comeau if they don't ride their rigs up, and I'll also let you know where I've booked my rooms, once I know.

Rooms?! :beerchug: You mean we're not camping, like real men? Surely you jest?  Chris
2002 Ural Tourist - "Pikop Andropov" 29,500
2003 Yamaha RoadStar
2009 Royal Enfield C5

#3 Tud

Tud

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:40 PM

Don't let me stop ya from enjoying the great outdoors, if fact I may join you.  The first night we'll be camping for sure, there's no where to stay halfway between Baie Comeau and Lab City except outdoors, so we'll have the gear regardless.

#4 sprintstrider

sprintstrider

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Jesus and the Last Days, sailing, snowshoeing, sport touring, my wife!!

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:41 PM

Cool, I will plan on being ready...just as soon as I get my rig back....new engine soon. E
Sprint ST Rider
2001 Triumph Sprint ST-SOLD
2005 Triumph Thruxton- SOLD
2006 Ural Patrol-Made in the land of Magog

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with me." Jesus Christ- letter to the lukewarm church-- Revelation 3:20  

Anyone ever ask themselves, "why is Jesus on the outside of the church door???"

#5 berger

berger

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:49 PM

View PostTud, on Nov 2 2007, 08:49 AM, said:

While not officially tundra, our trip from Baie Comeau, Quebec to Happy Valley/Goose Bay, Labrador has taken on the name "Tundra Run", or "The Labrador 500", which is the name of the highway that runs through Labrador.  Anyway, this is just a quick update to let you know that the dates have been set, the run will take place from June 13th, 2009 to June 20th.  How you get to and from Baie Comeau is up to you.  If you have indicated that you'll be joining us but are not on the list then just send me an e-mail, my address is on the site.  This is a no frills event, there won't be organized games or a trophy for the furthest distance travelled.  About the only thing I'm planning on doing is trying to find a place for people to leave their vehicles and trailers in Bay Comeau if they don't ride their rigs up, and I'll also let you know where I've booked my rooms, once I know.

Hey Tud,

I may be available!! 2009 is an odd year, so I won't be going to Europe for a World Cup or European Cup, so that means domestic travel for me!!  

Berger
Berger

2007 Patrol
R75 exhaust
Modtop Airbox
138/45 Jets
Gossie Needles
CJ750 24L Tank/Karcoma Petcock
7/64 Drilled Carb Slide

#6 Tomcat101147

Tomcat101147

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 10:33 PM

View Postcsbdr, on Nov 2 2007, 12:32 PM, said:

Rooms?! :beerchug: You mean we're not camping, like real men? Surely you jest?  Chris

Roughing it = slow room service, no soap in the restroom and only one towel.
Extreme camping conditions = 8:30am checkout.
Meoooowtgrrrprrrowlrround!

#7 Catfish

Catfish

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles,Bullseye Shooting, Guns, Reloading,

Posted 03 November 2007 - 10:58 PM

Tomcat I agree for the most part unless forced by location I will not sleep on the ground.A hot shower and a clean bed are a real good thing.Also I have gotten used to at least having back ground noise provided by the TV at night to fall asleep with.I wake up with enough minor pains from a strange bed the ground makes morning a real pain in numerous locations.

CATFISH

#8 sprintstrider

sprintstrider

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Jesus and the Last Days, sailing, snowshoeing, sport touring, my wife!!

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:35 PM

I will be bringing my tent, thermarest, and lots and lots of bug spray!!
Sprint ST Rider
2001 Triumph Sprint ST-SOLD
2005 Triumph Thruxton- SOLD
2006 Ural Patrol-Made in the land of Magog

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with me." Jesus Christ- letter to the lukewarm church-- Revelation 3:20  

Anyone ever ask themselves, "why is Jesus on the outside of the church door???"

#9 berger

berger

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 04:14 PM

View PostTud, on Nov 2 2007, 07:49 AM, said:

Hey Tud,

It seems like this trip is going to be quite the sight on the LH...somethin like a Ural train!!

Berger
Berger

2007 Patrol
R75 exhaust
Modtop Airbox
138/45 Jets
Gossie Needles
CJ750 24L Tank/Karcoma Petcock
7/64 Drilled Carb Slide

#10 Tud

Tud

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 05:20 PM

View Postberger, on Nov 4 2007, 05:14 PM, said:

Hey Tud,

It seems like this trip is going to be quite the sight on the LH...somethin like a Ural train!!

Berger
That would be cool, but there's a chance the dust being kicked up will keep us all about a mile apart from each other on the gravel roads.

Tud

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users