27 replies to this topic

#16 Mark_MB750M

Mark_MB750M

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:39 AM

I'll be there with the wife and dog.  Already emailed Steve on attendance and made the reservation.  We'll be tenting at location D21, I believe.  The original plan had been to get a cabin, but they were all taken, so I asked for a site near the riders of the eastern front.  I suppose we're all located together.

Mark
Current:
2002 Ural Tourist
2017 Harley-Davidson FLHTK

Previous:
2000 BMW RT1100RT
1975 MB-750M
2002 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
1995 Honda Pan-European (ST1100)
1977 Honda CB750F

#17 IVANGROZNEY

IVANGROZNEY

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:05 PM

I just had a thought (it crepped up slowly and took me by surprise) We have 26 confirmed and 12 possible attending BUT, they are not usually all there on friday night.  Some show up saturday morning and there ar some day trippers that show up just during the day on saturday. If I would hazard a guess at the number of people that would go to the German restaurant I would say 18 +/- 2.
New Jersey Ken,
94 Tourist w/750 original owner
95 Solo Dr Jeckel
Traveling Twelve 04
Vice Commissar Eastern Seaboard Division CURD

#18 Blue Ridge Wheeltor

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:26 PM

If there are too many people for the German Restraunt, or you just don't like German food, here's a good alternative:
Pisgah Inn. They have food ranging from mountain trout to cheeseburgers.
Hwy 70 w to BRP. Head west and stop at Mt. Pisgah. After the meal, continue on to Maggie Valley (wheels of time museum).

Or hwy 9 south to Chimney Rock. East on 64 to Hendersonville, Kanuga Rd to Crab Creek to Dupont State Forest to Cascade lake Rd (Gravel) to 64 to 276 to Parkway.
Or there are some forest roads on the way to the Parkway, about 15 miles or so of gravel.
Sept. 8, 2006-March 26, 2007     4997 KM

#19 uralmel

uralmel

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:19 PM

Hi everyone,
Looking forward to seeing you at the FART rally.

Uralmel
Suches, Georgia

#20 delawaredave

delawaredave

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:05 PM

Janet and I will be there sometime Friday morning.  I already posted on the Ural web board so don't count us twice.

Dave Crosby
2006 Patrol "Mutlley"
+19,000 km

#21 Rich Maund

Rich Maund

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with three wheels and motors!

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:20 PM

View Postdelawaredave, on Oct 1 2007, 02:05 PM, said:

Janet and I will be there sometime Friday morning.  I already posted on the Ural web board so don't count us twice.

Dave Crosby
2006 Patrol "Mutlley"
+19,000 km

We'll leave Friday after we get our son shoveled off to work. So it'll late afternoon before we get there. Plenty of time to set up the tent before dinner though!

Last year there was an incredible little El Salvadoran Restaurant just 1/4 mile or so west of the camp ground. Sid and Steve and I tried it. We're hoping it's still open so we can enjoy it again this year! The German restaurtant is awesome too. That area doesn't lack good places to eat.
Rich Maund
Rich's Cycle Upholstery
"Your Ass Will Thank You"
2003 Ural Retro Custom Rig "Oleysia"

#22 WEAV

WEAV

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:All things Russian/Soviet Motorcycle Related and nearly all things motorcycle and auto related.

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:48 PM

Hey,
I know it's kinda late notice, but Nina and I were going to come and so were Bill and Pat Betts.  We had joint reservations in one of the 4/6 person cabins there at the KOA.  Now neither of us can make it and Pat told me yesterday she was going to call to cancel the reservations.  So maybe if you call the campground someone can snag that cabin.  ???   Both of our families have parents that are unexpectedly hospitalized and much unexpected travel time is coming our way.

Hope you all have a great time and the weather is easy.  We'll be thinking of you.
Your friends Weav and Mrs Weav
(aka Mike and Nina)

View PostIVANGROZNEY, on Sep 22 2007, 03:24 PM, said:

We need to get a rough head count for FART. Anyone who is thinking of coming please post. I'd like to warn the german restaurant how many people are coming and I think Robbie would like to know how much soup to make.

#23 Becky Blosser

Becky Blosser

Russian Bike Nut

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:14 PM

[quote name='WEAV' date='Oct 2 2007, 10:48 PM' post='90444']
Hey,
I know it's kinda late notice, but Nina and I were going to come and so were Bill and Pat Betts.  We had joint reservations in one of the 4/6 person cabins there at the KOA.  Now neither of us can make it and Pat told me yesterday she was going to call to cancel the reservations.  So maybe if you call the campground someone can snag that cabin.  ???   Both of our families have parents that are unexpectedly hospitalized and much unexpected travel time is coming our way.

Hope you all have a great time and the weather is easy.  We'll be thinking of you.
Your friends Weav and Mrs Weav
(aka Mike and Nina)

Sorry to hear about the illnesses in your families.  We will be thinking of you!  

Hope everyone is home soon!
Becky Blosser
Russian Iron Administrator

Winchester, VA
A lonely outpost on the Eastern Front

"The answer to any question starting, 'Why don't they-' is almost always, 'Money.'" - Robert A. Heinlein

#24 GMBM

GMBM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Bikes, self sufficiency, canoe touring, gardening, computers, travel.
    Bikes & travel, looking at doing some more seriously slow, long distance international touring on our Ural Sidecar.
    Self sufficency, trying to live 100% out of a country back yard for fruit, vegetables, water and electricity. It's starting to come together at the moment.
    Canoe touring, the ability to totally get away from the smelly majority.

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:58 PM

I thought we had replied that we were coming but can't see it on the forum. We arrive at the north end of the parkway tomorrow and will spend 6 days getting down to Ashville. Could be meeting a Ural rRider or 2 on the way down...
Graham & Julie Meyer
Willunga, South Australia

email:- gmjm@internode.on.net

www.thesunshineteam.com.au

If a man speaks in the woods and there is no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong ????

#25 Bural

Bural

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:12 PM

Hey everyone,  I just talked to Steve Jackson and made arrangements to pick up the soup and stuff on Thursday afternoon.  We might borrow his Dnepr trailer and tow it with our rig, so we can ride.  You know how we like to ride to rallies.  Anyone who can bring firewood, please do so.  We will haul as much as we can.  See y'all Friday.
Richard & Jan
96 R90 Ural (for sale soon)
Dnepr/BMWR90  The Beepr

#26 IVANGROZNEY

IVANGROZNEY

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:40 PM

I called Berliner Kindl. I made a reservation for 6:30 friday night. They ask that nobody order sandwiches. All entrays and Knock wurst Brat wurst ect will be avalaible.
New Jersey Ken,
94 Tourist w/750 original owner
95 Solo Dr Jeckel
Traveling Twelve 04
Vice Commissar Eastern Seaboard Division CURD

#27 Rich Maund

Rich Maund

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with three wheels and motors!

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:14 PM

That'll be fine by me. Their sampler platters of wursts and home made cabbage and potato salads are outstanding!
Rich Maund
Rich's Cycle Upholstery
"Your Ass Will Thank You"
2003 Ural Retro Custom Rig "Oleysia"

#28 WEGUNTER

WEGUNTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:12 PM

had the side car loaded up with camping gear and was ready to roll in the morning, but personal issues flared up at the last minute and I am afraid I am going to have to cancel.  Please accept my appologies. I was really looking forward to finally meeting everyone especially the Aussies.

Bill Gunter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users