19 replies to this topic

#16 Duckyde

Duckyde

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:56 PM

I too have my cabin reserved....I'm quite excited....if nothing else to be around others who understand what I'm riding.  My girlfriend and I are going to Florida for a week between then and now however I'm more excited for the rally!

I have a question though...what's the policy on S.O.B.'s? (some other brand)  A friend of mine expressed an interest in attending with his Honda Cafe' Racer as he doesn't have a hack.  I don't have any personal thoughts either way, he asked me so I told him I'd throw it out there....just curious.   :beer!:
.....boldly going nowhere....

#17 Becky Blosser

Becky Blosser

Russian Bike Nut

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:20 AM

View PostDuckyde, on Sep 19 2007, 03:56 AM, said:

I too have my cabin reserved....I'm quite excited....if nothing else to be around others who understand what I'm riding.  My girlfriend and I are going to Florida for a week between then and now however I'm more excited for the rally!

I have a question though...what's the policy on S.O.B.'s? (some other brand)  A friend of mine expressed an interest in attending with his Honda Cafe' Racer as he doesn't have a hack.  I don't have any personal thoughts either way, he asked me so I told him I'd throw it out there....just curious.   :beer!:

Policy?  WHAT policy?  This is about as informal as a rally ever gets - about the only thing planned is location and Saturday night supper.  

Y'all come!  We're looking forward to meeting new friends!
Becky Blosser
Russian Iron Administrator

Winchester, VA
A lonely outpost on the Eastern Front

"The answer to any question starting, 'Why don't they-' is almost always, 'Money.'" - Robert A. Heinlein

#18 Rich Maund

Rich Maund

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with three wheels and motors!

Posted 21 September 2007 - 08:39 AM

Agreed!
Ride what ever you like! The rigs are cool. But it's meeting all the folks that is most fun. And different machines just add to the fun of the mix there.
Rich Maund
Rich's Cycle Upholstery
"Your Ass Will Thank You"
2003 Ural Retro Custom Rig "Oleysia"

#19 berger

berger

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:48 PM

View PostIVANGROZNEY, on Sep 12 2007, 07:37 PM, said:

FART is Oct 12-14.
I reserved cabin K-11. It has the embankment that I usually use to roll my rig on and off my truck with out the used of the winch or pully. When there have been multiple cars at that sight I've needed a hand to push it up there with out a winch. I'm hoping the cabin will shut out enough sound to allow me to sleep through the nightly trains.

I've added an acessory to the side car that works with #9. Will will probally have some new artwork to show off.
Is Robbie making the soup this year?

Hey Ivan!

You supplying the rally with that fine Russian beer....like you did at the CURD rally??

Berger
Berger

2007 Patrol
R75 exhaust
Modtop Airbox
138/45 Jets
Gossie Needles
CJ750 24L Tank/Karcoma Petcock
7/64 Drilled Carb Slide

#20 IVANGROZNEY

IVANGROZNEY

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:58 PM

I just picked up two cases of #9 , the hard core 8% stuff, to bring with me.  The store manager told me they had 7 cases left and I did not want to take the chance of not having it on hand.  I'm on my second one since getting of of work early, preceided by a # 4( That was lunch ):thumbsup!: Unless I hear of other demand I'll just stick with the #9's.

When I took my rig to pick up Baltika, and Stoli, I was stopped by a Russian guy who was over whelmed by seeing a Ural. He got quite a kick out of my Siberian Speed Team patch. He wished he had a camera. He's never seen anything like it and dosn't think he ever will.
New Jersey Ken,
94 Tourist w/750 original owner
95 Solo Dr Jeckel
Traveling Twelve 04
Vice Commissar Eastern Seaboard Division CURD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users