• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Rich Maund

Rich Maund

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with three wheels and motors!

Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:51 PM

We just made our reservations in the KOA Asheville NC east Campground for the weekend of FART. We'll be in section D of the tent area by the pond.

Anyone else all set to go?

I know I read that NJ Ken got hisself a cabin!

The first weekend in Oct. is the Hack'd Rallt in WV. We have reservations for a hotel in town for that weekend. We won't be roughing it this year! Donna wants to come so we got the Hotel for this one. Anyone else gonna make it to Hack'd?
Rich Maund
Rich's Cycle Upholstery
"Your Ass Will Thank You"
2003 Ural Retro Custom Rig "Oleysia"

#2 Ken Ulrich

Ken Ulrich

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles,sidecars,airplanes,model airplanes,metal working( machinist) wood working, beer drinking ( one a day). staying busy. updating MT11 "Sweet Thang" ( silk purse from a sows ear) not silk yet, but getting close. talking to god so that I may take it all with me

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:53 PM

View PostRich Maund, on Sep 12 2007, 02:51 PM, said:

We just made our reservations in the KOA Asheville NC east Campground for the weekend of FART. We'll be in section D of the tent area by the pond.

Anyone else all set to go?

I know I read that NJ Ken got hisself a cabin!

The first weekend in Oct. is the Hack'd Rallt in WV. We have reservations for a hotel in town for that weekend. We won't be roughing it this year! Donna wants to come so we got the Hotel for this one. Anyone else gonna make it to Hack'd?

Rich; would you mind posting the date of FART for us, and also any other that come to mind...Ken

#3 greenmachine

greenmachine

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:04 PM

We're headin for western cheeseheadland this weekend....and then back home.... and then to kentucky .... and rumor has it that Big Babushka may in fact dump out Froggy at Black Mountain so we can visit with you folks and get some decent grits before headin  towards Tennessee to do some fishin and sightseein for a while and then southern Illinois for a bit and then back home.

We've got a site reserved there at the KOA in the big rig section and plan to show up on Thursday afternoon coming from Kentucky.

I wouldn't normally spend a grand on fuel to get gumbo, but I've heard Robbie is a soup wiz , or that he may wiz in the soup... or some such thing...

Froggy has expressed some interest in something called " Baltika #9 " which I assume is a sort of oil additive which can sometimes be sampled where RotEF folks gather...

;-))
kermitski
Former Frog-Meister
Rode around the block a couple times
and got rid of that goofy thing...

#4 WEGUNTER

WEGUNTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:32 PM

View Postgreenmachine, on Sep 12 2007, 05:04 PM, said:

We're headin for western cheeseheadland this weekend....and then back home.... and then to kentucky .... and rumor has it that Big Babushka may in fact dump out Froggy at Black Mountain so we can visit with you folks and get some decent grits before headin  towards Tennessee to do some fishin and sightseein for a while and then southern Illinois for a bit and then back home.

We've got a site reserved there at the KOA in the big rig section and plan to show up on Thursday afternoon coming from Kentucky.

I wouldn't normally spend a grand on fuel to get gumbo, but I've heard Robbie is a soup wiz , or that he may wiz in the soup... or some such thing...

Froggy has expressed some interest in something called " Baltika #9 " which I assume is a sort of oil additive which can sometimes be sampled where RotEF folks gather...

;-))
kermitski

#5 IVANGROZNEY

IVANGROZNEY

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:37 PM

FART is Oct 12-14.
I reserved cabin K-11. It has the embankment that I usually use to roll my rig on and off my truck with out the used of the winch or pully. When there have been multiple cars at that sight I've needed a hand to push it up there with out a winch. I'm hoping the cabin will shut out enough sound to allow me to sleep through the nightly trains.

I've added an acessory to the side car that works with #9. Will will probally have some new artwork to show off.
Is Robbie making the soup this year?
New Jersey Ken,
94 Tourist w/750 original owner
95 Solo Dr Jeckel
Traveling Twelve 04
Vice Commissar Eastern Seaboard Division CURD

#6 Bural

Bural

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:06 PM

We'll be there, as will our friends Philip and Sandy on their Patrol.  Shaping up to be a pretty good turnout.  Hope the weather will co-operate this year.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Richard & Jan
96 R90 Ural (for sale soon)
Dnepr/BMWR90  The Beepr

#7 Becky Blosser

Becky Blosser

Russian Bike Nut

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:35 PM

View PostKen Ulrich, on Sep 12 2007, 08:53 PM, said:

Rich; would you mind posting the date of FART for us, and also any other that come to mind...Ken

Ken,

FART is October 12-14.  Check our Events page for contact information.  

http://russianiron.com/events.htm

I have the RoTEF banner - y'all be sure to remind me to bring it.  Who is the lucky person who will be accepting custody for SpITS?

We are booked at the Black Mountain Super 8, along with some other folks.  I am SO looking forward to Fall on the Parkway!
Becky Blosser
Russian Iron Administrator

Winchester, VA
A lonely outpost on the Eastern Front

"The answer to any question starting, 'Why don't they-' is almost always, 'Money.'" - Robert A. Heinlein

#8 Alexy

Alexy

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • Interests:Accident Reconstruction
    surf fishing
    playing with my kids
    and of course riding my Ural

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:29 PM

Baltica......mmmmmmm
Alexy
98 Sportsman with 750 upgrade
1983 Former Lithuanian mail Ural

#9 Rich Maund

Rich Maund

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:26 PM

Thanks for posting that guys! You beat me to it!
Rich Maund
Rich's Cycle Upholstery

#10 Patcrawford

Patcrawford

Newbie Member

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:53 PM

Hi All,

Terry and I are doing FART this year.  Becky and Vance have been raving about it for years,  so we decided that 2007 is our year... just for the fun of it.  I understand the weather can go either way  ... or did Becky say "both" ways ... so I guess I'll be over-packing.

We're also staying at the Super-8 and are driving in on Thursday.  

Rich ... is Donna coming?

See you all there.

Pat C.

#11 Rich Maund

Rich Maund

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:19 PM

Donna's coming!
Can you believe she's willing to camp again after the hurricane in the mountains we camped through back in the early 90's? She swore off camping after that trip.
I'm just happy she wants to make these trips again!

I've got a treat for her for the Hack'd Rally though. I got us a room at a nice Motel in town for  that one!
Rich Maund
Rich's Cycle Upholstery

#12 GMBM

GMBM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Bikes, self sufficiency, canoe touring, gardening, computers, travel.
    Bikes & travel, looking at doing some more seriously slow, long distance international touring on our Ural Sidecar.
    Self sufficency, trying to live 100% out of a country back yard for fruit, vegetables, water and electricity. It's starting to come together at the moment.
    Canoe touring, the ability to totally get away from the smelly majority.

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:10 AM

Julie and I will be there, we've booked in for the Thursday night, may even get there earlier. Have a tent site, no idea where, would be great to be near the other Ural campers. I know where Rick is, where are the other campers located. I'll check our location and see if we can move if necessary.
Graham & Julie Meyer
Willunga, South Australia

email:- gmjm@internode.on.net

www.thesunshineteam.com.au

If a man speaks in the woods and there is no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong ????

#13 Ken Ulrich

Ken Ulrich

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles,sidecars,airplanes,model airplanes,metal working( machinist) wood working, beer drinking ( one a day). staying busy. updating MT11 "Sweet Thang" ( silk purse from a sows ear) not silk yet, but getting close. talking to god so that I may take it all with me

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:15 AM

Any one have an Idea where one can reserve a spot in a section where a minnie motor home will fit?, and still be near the crowd? Not real fussy as long as its fairly level, us old guys roll down them hills way too easy.....

#14 Bural

Bural

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:03 PM

Ken,  All the tent sights have water and electrical hook-ups.  Your rig is small enough, you could probably use one.  I have seen vans, truck campers, etc. using them.  See you there.
Richard & Jan
96 R90 Ural (for sale soon)
Dnepr/BMWR90  The Beepr

#15 Ken Ulrich

Ken Ulrich

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:33 PM

I now have a reservation in section D......sad to say....there goes the neighborhood :laugh:  <_<  :beer!: Ken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users