70 replies to this topic

#61 Unr00ster

Unr00ster

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 01:04 AM

All I've heard here are tires for 19".  For 18" you can't beat Metzler Block K's!  About $65.00 each.  See...

http://www.ronayers....r...d=4&type=57

http://motorhelmets....assic-table.htm

And Amazon has $20.00 off promo code for orders over $99.00, that equals $10.00 off per tire when ordered two at a time. That means $59.00 per tire!  See...

http://www.amazon.co...mp;s=automotive

Attached Files

02 Bavarian Classic  750
Carpe Bikem

#62 pegalegpete

pegalegpete

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:41 AM

I have just been on the Coker site and they list a 400-18 as a military tire and looking at the picture it seems to be a fairly aggressive tread. They also list a 400-19 and list it as a military tire but without a picture, I take it that it is possibly the same tread. Both these are listed as Firestones, the 18" is $97 and the 19" is $99. Does anyone know anything about these tires? The price doesn't seem bad to me after buying tires for my Vic.

There has also been some discussion about Chen Shengs maybe they work ok on a hack but I would never recomend for a two wheeler. When my wife first started riding we wanted a set of wide white walls on her 800 Kaw classic my dealer put on a set of Chens. I have to say they were the worst pieces of crap I ever rode on. Not only did they give a terrible ride I think we got about 4000mi on them and they were ready to replace. Well she traded for a Vic and we stayed with Dunlops.

I went back and got a pic of the 400-18

Attached Files

• Attached File  tire.jpg   15.83K   21 downloads

#63 Mac

Mac

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:Wife and kids, Camping, Motorcycle camping, canoe camping, fishing, hiking, building things. Guns, I also like to play harmonica with Blues or Bluegrass bands. War history. Collect antiques<br>I don't mind arguing over politics or religion since I don't do it at home or work.....that much.<br>And there's probably more. <br>

Posted 17 December 2006 - 02:02 PM

I was just looking at the same thing.  My big concern is tire life.  It seems as though the Russian brand is made out of chewing gum.  I go through one back tire a year.
Question is, will the Firestone perform/stand-up better than the Russian brand.

Answers?

Mac  

Unr00ster, on Dec 17 2006, 01:04 AM, said:

All I've heard here are tires for 19".  For 18" you can't beat Metzler Block K's!  About $65.00 each.  See...

http://www.ronayers....r...d=4&type=57

http://motorhelmets....assic-table.htm

And Amazon has $20.00 off promo code for orders over $99.00, that equals $10.00 off per tire when ordered two at a time. That means $59.00 per tire!  See...

http://www.amazon.co...mp;s=automotive

Mac

Before the sun goes down someone in this world will be shot. Don't let it be you.

#64 Stammon

Stammon

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:My Family (wife and four kids), my bikes and my job.

Posted 18 December 2006 - 03:14 PM

I know I'm just getting back into the swing of things after 20+ years of no sidecar. But I used to get over 10K miles on my pusher. I never thought about tire wear. I bought Metzler and Dunlop and Michelen. Whatever I could get a deal on at my local BMW dealer.
I don't think I bought over a dozen tires in my 100k mile career as a BMW/Stieb owner.

Are we buying too crappy tires. I like the Russian rubber on my Dnepr, I better start rotating.Attached File  mirror.gif   10.75K   2 downloads
Gravity, It's Not Just A Good Idea, It's The Law.

#65 Stammon

Stammon

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:My Family (wife and four kids), my bikes and my job.

Posted 19 December 2006 - 12:03 AM

How about this tire:
http://odyking.en.al...cycle_Tire.html

Look at #25 for the Dnepr. No idea as to cost though.
Gravity, It's Not Just A Good Idea, It's The Law.

#66 emag

emag

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Riding, astronomy, kayaking, sailing, kites

Posted 20 December 2006 - 02:25 PM

ChicagoRandy, on Dec 20 2006, 08:09 AM, said:

...snip...

I was going to offer my 20+ years experience in distribution management and inventory control and suggest that IMWA IMMEDIATELY stop offering so MANY different sizes and styles of tires on their standard street model bikes. I mean really! Ever since 2004 they have had to try and maintain inventory control on let's see...............ONE size tire for their new bikes.......ONE size for their old bikes........and off-road knobbies. I mean, c'mon folks!
...snip...

....and that's not even considering the myriad of COLORS available...
2005 Ural Tourist
2004 Honda Aero
Born again heathen
Pensacola, Florida

#67 AndreLTU

AndreLTU

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:37 PM

Hey guys! I am new on this forum just as I am new to a motorcycles. Currently restoring a Dnepr K-650 and soon I will need to buy some tyres as the ones that are on the bike at the moment are 30 or so years old ... wouldn't risk riding on them. So I have started to look whats available to buy and discovered to my surprise that there is not many to choose from. After spending hours reading every piece of information on this forum I am still not sure what to do... most of the posts on tyres here are over 10 year old and many of the links are not working...

So to the point: Have found to buy Mitas SW-07 3.75-19 61 P Rear TT NHS (https://www.oponeo.c...ASABEgLBuvD_BwE) which are the right size but will the load index 61 be enough for a heavy old motorbike and a heavy rider? What tyres are you riding on? any advice will be welcome

thanks

#68 Garbage Bear

Garbage Bear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Bmw R71, Ural M72, M61, M63, M67, Kmz K75o, K65o, Dnepr MT.

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:56 AM

... I think @Luca Stereo here on this forum load his bike with some Mitas tyres and maybe he can advice you. I load my bikes with genuine Petroshina 375/19 which I buy directly from the source in Chisinau. Also there is a guy in my country which sale Russian tyres at about 6o EUR each. If you want I can give his telephone number.

Attached Files

urseemilian@gmail.com
0040  721 888 403

#69 racepres

racepres

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:51 AM

AndreLTU, on 06 February 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

Hey guys! I am new on this forum just as I am new to a motorcycles. Currently restoring a Dnepr K-650 and soon I will need to buy some tyres as the ones that are on the bike at the moment are 30 or so years old ... wouldn't risk riding on them. So I have started to look whats available to buy and discovered to my surprise that there is not many to choose from. After spending hours reading every piece of information on this forum I am still not sure what to do... most of the posts on tyres here are over 10 year old and many of the links are not working...

So to the point: Have found to buy Mitas SW-07 3.75-19 61 P Rear TT NHS (https://www.oponeo.c...ASABEgLBuvD_BwE) which are the right size but will the load index 61 be enough for a heavy old motorbike and a heavy rider? What tyres are you riding on? any advice will be welcome

thanks

At the Speeds the Dnepr will attain, I would run old tires till they wore out..
I have even older tires than that on the Farm here.... they are weaterchecked terribly... I never had a WeatherCheck tire Fail except by Nail or Road Hazard...

Don't go over 100MPH tho!!!  LOL

Let me add that I have ridden on Flat tires with my Dnepr... If the Hack tire is Flat... it will be difficult to discern.
if the front tire is Flat... about the same... but it will stear Heavy..
Flat rear tire... dances quite a bit, and ya Know something is amiss... slow down, and ride it on home.... deal with the Broken Spokes later!!!!

#70 AndreLTU

AndreLTU

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:15 PM

Thank you very much Garbage Bear and racepres thats very helpful!

#71 Garbage Bear

Garbage Bear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Bmw R71, Ural M72, M61, M63, M67, Kmz K75o, K65o, Dnepr MT.

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:43 AM

No problem mate. Welcome!
urseemilian@gmail.com
0040  721 888 403

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users