33 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_Russiancinecollector_*

Guest_Russiancinecollector_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:20 AM

Glenn Hamilton, on Aug 5 2006, 09:58 AM, said:

Russiancinecollector, on Aug 5 2006, 08:16 AM, said:

Glenn Hamilton, on Jul 30 2006, 01:30 PM, said:

respectfully request that all nonmotorcycle conversation take place in Whatever or Rant 'n' Rave. That way, members who have no wish to get a lecture can avoid these conversations and enjoy the Board.

Glenn Good morning.

I understand your point. It is well taken. I will not go back to the P/R topics again. Yet, i only go by what you said, as a guideline.

Have i taken your quote regarding this subject out of context? If so could you please, flesh out your qoute? Or the rules regarding posts.

Thank you, Matthew
Yes, that quote is out of context.

Please read Posting Thoughts and More Posting Thoughts one more time. I'm not sure that I can make my thoughts any plainer on this subject, but I'll try:

This is a Russian Motorcycle Forum where I have provided a place for the occasional conversation that veers off-topic in Whatever or Rant 'n' Rave. This is not a Political/Religious Forum where I have provided a place for the occasional Russian motorcycle conversation to take place in Russian Motorcycle World. I would ask, yet again, for all to remember why they are here and post accordingly.

I'm a free speech kind of guy and I have zero interest in telling the members what or how to think. I actually have, in the past, enjoyed some of the more intelligent off-topic posts and learned a few things from some of the ones where my opinions differed from the author's point of view.

However, this situation is unlike any that I've seen in the years that the Board has been up. There are members whose sole purpose for being here seems to be the posting of a daily barrage of abusive and, quite frankly, vulgar and rude diatribes directed towards other members. Doesn't do much to foster a feeling of camaraderie and brotherhood, does it?

Please don't try to play coy with me, take my words out of context, and pretend that you were "just playing by the rules." I think that the rules are plain for all to see now.

Members, if you receive a warning Private Message from me and ignore it, you will be banned from the Board.

I am not being coy.

Peace, Matthew

#32 MartyL

MartyL

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 05:51 PM

Glenn, I'm the new guy on the block. I bought my Ural 2005 Patrol last October. I signed into this web site about 2 or three months ago. Basically I visit here to learn and share my experiences about my Ural and my Ural travels. I have met on line some great people to also share this passion of Russian motorcycles. Thank you for creating this site. Now I have to state this... It is your web site, your rules, your castle. If I may make a suggestion, which I do so humbly, get rid of the political sections of your web site. Keep the site to discussions about motorcycles. I'll admit I've put my two cents in the whatever section lately. Like the old saying goes,"It's rude to discuss religion and politics". I think there's something to that. Thanks again for this website and allowing me to express myself about this. Peace... Marty.....
Peace....God Bless our brave soldiers defending our freedom.
Marty
2005 Patrol Sold.
2010 Gear Up. In the Garage! Whoo!!! Hoo!!!
1976 Yamaha XS 650C

#33 Glenn Hamilton

Glenn Hamilton

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Interests:The bikes.
    Photography and vintage Soviet-era cameras.
    Analog music (tapes and LP's) and vintage Hi-Fi gear.

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:00 PM

MartyL, on Aug 5 2006, 05:51 PM, said:

Thank you for creating this site. Now I have to state this... It is your web site, your rules, your castle. If I may make a suggestion, which I do so humbly, get rid of the political sections of your web site. Keep the site to discussions about motorcycles. I'll admit I've put my two cents in the whatever section lately. Like the old saying goes,"It's rude to discuss religion and politics". I think there's something to that.
I think the off topic stuff can be pretty interesting at times. Thanks to this Board I now know what kind of roof I should put on my house. ;)

Seriously, most of the time it's harmless - occasionally, it's inspired. The dust-up you just witnessed is very rare. As a newbie, you should do a search in Members (link is at the top of the page) for "Cam" and click to his profile. Click the link to all of his posts. Look around in there and find his story "Fast Eddie" and some others that he posted. Then you'll understand why I keep those Forums.
Glenn   Not an Admin. Honorary title only. ;)

Russian Bikes
Present:1997 Tourist, 2002 Bavarian Classic Solo
Past: 1995 Solo, 2003 Retro Solo

#34 MartyL

MartyL

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 10:55 PM

Glenn, Thanks for turning me on to Cam's writings. Very enlightening indeed. I think I understand your position now. Glad to visit and be part of this Website... Marty.....
Peace....God Bless our brave soldiers defending our freedom.
Marty
2005 Patrol Sold.
2010 Gear Up. In the Garage! Whoo!!! Hoo!!!
1976 Yamaha XS 650C

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users