#16 Yobe

Yobe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, History, Baseball (Go YANKEES!), sailing

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:13 PM

I know I am guilty, I think we all are to an extent. We have all been sucked into this quagmire of argueing over politics. When the dust settles, everything we say on these boards is not going to matter one bit. There is nobody in Washington, London, Moscow or Berlin who are looking at these RIMC postings for guidance on key issues effecting world policy.

But with that said there are those who live eat and breath politics and quite frankly this is not the site for it, take it else where.

I have no problem with the very occasional rant about world events or what ever, but enough already.... for some its an all consuming endevor and you can feel the hatred through the screen...

Let's keep it RIMC, shall we?
Brandon Clonch a.k.a. Yobe
06 Tourist

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
- Benjamin Franklin 1759

#17 james_c_marks

james_c_marks

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Rock &amp; Jazz Musician, Electronic Music Gear Head<br>playing Drums and Keyboards.<br>As a Hobby, it's just lots of Heavy Lifting on each side of a little bit of playing.<br><br>I grew weary of the heavy lifting &amp; late nights so I got a Ural. <br><br>Computer Science pays the bills...

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:36 PM

Funny that everyone complains about excessive political rants and trolls.

Some complain about flags and symbology. (I'm guilty)

BUT NO ONE ever complains about Svetty !!  :wub:
Bike: '05 Ural Tourist
Name: мечтатель  
Pronounced:  Mich-Ta-teal
Translation: Dreamer
10/15/05 - 03/13/09  26,666km

#18 Guest_Russiancinecollector_*

Guest_Russiancinecollector_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2006 - 12:07 PM

Glenn Hamilton, on Jul 30 2006, 01:30 PM, said:

respectfully request that all nonmotorcycle conversation take place in Whatever or Rant 'n' Rave. That way, members who have no wish to get a lecture can avoid these conversations and enjoy the Board.

Glenn

I will keep the topic on point and within the 2 pages,That you have set aside for such writing,s

Matthew

#19 Ed Paynter

Ed Paynter

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, home brewing, music, astronomy, computers, reloading &amp; target shooting..... in no particular order.

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:31 PM

Matthew:

Why bother?  
Your posts have become little more than a summary of the statisitics in the headlines each day.   We can get the same information by just posting a link to CNN.com.  You're not telling us anything new.

With Freedom of Speech comes the implied freedom to listen... or not.  
The worse sin a speaker can commit is to bore his audience and we're there!

We understand that you hate the current administration.  We get it!  
How about this.....Instead of posting minute by minute cost of the war updates, please.....tell us your solution for the Middle East conflict.

Give us the details of how you would achieve a lasting peace in this region.

The current administration has committed political suicide by holding to their course of action in the Middle East.   You think they don't realize the implications of that?   How much is it worth to the world,  planting the seeds of democracy and self governement in an area dominated by Shariah, religious law that overrides all other judicial considerations, where no law passed by man can supercede the ancient laws of Allah?  

Do you have any idea of how many women were whipped or even stoned to death for showing their face or because their husband accused them of adultery?  Did you know that under that law, a girl of 9 years old is considered an adult?  Do you also have the death tolls of all those killed by the Taliban and Saddam Hussein while they held power?  Or is it all okay since they were killing "their own kind" and were the "legitimate", if self appointed, power in that region at the time?

Although Shariah is temporarily suspended in Afganistan and Iraq, here is a link to current examples in Iran.

So, are we our brother's keeper?

one thing is for sure.........
If the Democrats can not swing the next election at this point, they're in real trouble and totally out of touch with the pulse of America!  The election is being handed to them on a silver platter.  It should be a walk in the park, unless they do something really stupid.

But there are still some ugly decisions ahead for them as well.....
will they have the strength to make the unpopular hard choices needed, the ones that will make them look bad in the daily polls and approval ratings?

Who will have the courage to tell America.....
"We need to control greenhouse gases....it will cost between 5 and 10 million of your jobs!   And we're going to ban all old vehicles that can't meet the latest emissions standard.  And BTW, gasoline isn't going to get any cheaper just because we have control....in fact it's going to continue to get more expensive!"

Matthew, tell us something new.  
Give us some good news.

ed
Ed Paynter
North Carolina
AMA, HRCA, RIMC, IBA
Riders of the Eastern Front
2000 Ural Patrol 2WD 650 - "Oksana" SS1000 Finisher!   w/130000+km
1995 Ural Sportsman 2WD 650 - "Lilya"
1988 Honda VT1100c Shadow - "MoonShadow"
1981 Honda GL-500 SilverWing - "LittleWing"
2005 Honda PS250 Big Ruckus - "BioHazard"

#20 IVANGROZNEY

IVANGROZNEY

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:56 PM

I've given up on Rant and rave for the time being. I think even that should be at least remotely motorcycle or Russian related with few exceptions. For example if I had the time right now I'd be pissing and moaning about my lame motorcycle Insurance carrier on Rant and Rave.
New Jersey Ken,
94 Tourist w/750 original owner
95 Solo Dr Jeckel
Traveling Twelve 04
Vice Commissar Eastern Seaboard Division CURD

#21 Yobe

Yobe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, History, Baseball (Go YANKEES!), sailing

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:09 PM

IVANGROZNEY, on Aug 3 2006, 06:56 PM, said:

I've given up on Rant and rave for the time being. I think even that should be at least remotely motorcycle or Russian related with few exceptions. For example if I had the time right now I'd be pissing and moaning about my lame motorcycle Insurance carrier on Rant and Rave.
You should! That is what it's there for.
Brandon Clonch a.k.a. Yobe
06 Tourist

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
- Benjamin Franklin 1759

#22 Smitty

Smitty

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Other than riding..... history, wargaming, fine scale modeling, and other 'guy stuff'. Well, OK- 'weirdo' guy stuff. I'm not likely to be found watching baseball or fishing.

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (IVANGROZNEY @ Aug 3 2006, 06:56 PM)

You should! That is what it's there for.

It would actually be refreshing to hear someone b!tch about something other than the administration!
  I can't get away from the 'news' anywhere else, at least here I should be able to complain about something (Russian Bikes) that I have an interest in!

#23 Don Black

Don Black

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:Historic motorcycles. Greasy Russian Urals and Ukrainian Dnepr motorcycles and sidecars, my woman, my friends, touring, camping, bushwalking, my pet bird, engineering principles, hospital maintainance & operating theatres, fire safety. Dnepr MT-9 is the best cossack!

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:57 AM

back to bike talk fellas... thats what its all about
aka JD
currently I have four 1974 Dnepr MT-9s, one old Ural M-63 sidecar, I sold all my Urals to Jan but kept the sidecar :-)
RMOA Life Member, AAK USSR Badge No 140
CURD #007 (thanks Mike), Liason the Globe Team on the Urals
and I have met Yarets, Vladimir (twice)

Cossackpower  (b-Cozz) all welcome

#24 Alexy

Alexy

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • Interests:Accident Reconstruction
    surf fishing
    playing with my kids
    and of course riding my Ural

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:44 AM

yep back to the bikes....
Alexy
98 Sportsman with 750 upgrade
1983 Former Lithuanian mail Ural

#25 Guest_Russiancinecollector_*

• Guests

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:08 AM

Ed Paynter, on Aug 3 2006, 06:31 PM, said:

Matthew:

Why bother?  
Your posts have become little more than a summary of the statisitics in the headlines each day.   We can get the same information by just posting a link to CNN.com.  You're not telling us anything new.

With Freedom of Speech comes the implied freedom to listen... or not.  
The worse sin a speaker can commit is to bore his audience and we're there!

We understand that you hate the current administration.  We get it!  
How about this.....Instead of posting minute by minute cost of the war updates, please.....tell us your solution for the Middle East conflict.

Give us the details of how you would achieve a lasting peace in this region.

The current administration has committed political suicide by holding to their course of action in the Middle East.   You think they don't realize the implications of that?   How much is it worth to the world,  planting the seeds of democracy and self governement in an area dominated by Shariah, religious law that overrides all other judicial considerations, where no law passed by man can supercede the ancient laws of Allah?  

Do you have any idea of how many women were whipped or even stoned to death for showing their face or because their husband accused them of adultery?  Did you know that under that law, a girl of 9 years old is considered an adult?  Do you also have the death tolls of all those killed by the Taliban and Saddam Hussein while they held power?  Or is it all okay since they were killing "their own kind" and were the "legitimate", if self appointed, power in that region at the time?

Although Shariah is temporarily suspended in Afganistan and Iraq, here is a link to current examples in Iran.

So, are we our brother's keeper?

one thing is for sure.........
If the Democrats can not swing the next election at this point, they're in real trouble and totally out of touch with the pulse of America!  The election is being handed to them on a silver platter.  It should be a walk in the park, unless they do something really stupid.

But there are still some ugly decisions ahead for them as well.....
will they have the strength to make the unpopular hard choices needed, the ones that will make them look bad in the daily polls and approval ratings?

Who will have the courage to tell America.....
"We need to control greenhouse gases....it will cost between 5 and 10 million of your jobs!   And we're going to ban all old vehicles that can't meet the latest emissions standard.  And BTW, gasoline isn't going to get any cheaper just because we have control....in fact it's going to continue to get more expensive!"

Matthew, tell us something new.  
Give us some good news.

ed

Why bother? Because i care. care for my fellow man. Care for our childrens future, be they black,white, Arad or Israeli. Islamic or Jew or Christain.

As i am part of a political party, we are doing everything in our power to inform the rest of this country, the lie,s that have been told.

Killing is killing, be it Sadaam, the taliban or Bush. Bush,s body count has surpassed anything the afore mentioned monsters accomplised in their entire careers as murderer,s.

Now for the good new,s. George Bush, Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, Condi Rice, Donny Rumsfeld and the rest of the repubilican,s have commited political suicide. Politically they are finished.

More good new,s. Tom Delay is history as is Scooter Libby. The best news is to come. Criminal trial,s for all the above , for their actions against humanity.

More good news, Ford, GM and Dodge , the major cause of our addiction to oil are fading into the sunset. No new idea,s and years of oppertunity to make a line of vehicles, that do not impact the enviorment on a scale never before seen.

They manufacture crap, then promise you Flex fuel vehicles. Flex fuel is a corporate buzz word. nothing more.

Yes, it is tough decision time for any politican. I am one who has the courage to tell america the cold hard truth.

Political office is in my future. Unpleaseant actions need to take place. It has to start @ the grass roots level. And it has.

As this old school mentality is dying off in america. A new group of progressive forward thinking individuals will take us into a cleaner, economically viable country,capable of competing on a global scale.

Going green is and will fill the gap. Employment will go up as these postions and companies hire. This can and should be an economic engine, to drive this great country into the next century.

So ,there is a lot of good news to look forward to. At this time, it is only bad news. I have no problem with a tough love stance politically.

The world has changed. The past has gotten us to this point in our history. Will we grab the ring for a future as a global leader and innovator or will we stay the path we are now on?

No we will not stay this path. We must understand a culture, before we can help. Not bomb them into the stone age, just because WE want them to think like us? That scares me more than anything else.

A world with no diversity.

Matthew

#26 james_c_marks

james_c_marks

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Rock &amp; Jazz Musician, Electronic Music Gear Head<br>playing Drums and Keyboards.<br>As a Hobby, it's just lots of Heavy Lifting on each side of a little bit of playing.<br><br>I grew weary of the heavy lifting &amp; late nights so I got a Ural. <br><br>Computer Science pays the bills...

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:32 AM

A world with no diversity -- hey someone should make a Twilight Zone outta that...

...and they could call it:  Number 12 Looks Just Like You

with that thought here's an addition to "You Might be a Russian Bike Nut If..."

You keep look'n at the same 5 Bikes... and lovin' it !!

It's so much fun to hang out with people who think JUST LIKE me.

Attached Files

Bike: '05 Ural Tourist
Name: мечтатель  
Pronounced:  Mich-Ta-teal
Translation: Dreamer
10/15/05 - 03/13/09  26,666km

#27 africalight

africalight

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle Tourism<br />Engineering/Manufacturing<br />Disk Golf<br />Paintball-Action Pursuit Games (Woodsball, Scenarios)<br />African news<br />Innovative products<br />Low-tech enviro friendly systems<br />Solar/Wind/Hydro<br />Research Biodiesel for Illinois Institute of Rural Affairs

Posted 04 August 2006 - 12:29 PM

hey James,
I saw that one come to life at our last local rally. Its called Harley Davidson~with attached RUB. 98% of the bikes were so alike it was sick. Made the last 2% stick out like a sore thumb.

Back to BIKES!!!!

Ryan
2006 Patrol (Green with disappearing chrome)

#28 Guest_Russiancinecollector_*

• Guests

Posted 05 August 2006 - 08:16 AM

respectfully request that all nonmotorcycle conversation take place in Whatever or Rant 'n' Rave. That way, members who have no wish to get a lecture can avoid these conversations and enjoy the Board.

Glenn Good morning.

I understand your point. It is well taken. I will not go back to the P/R topics again. Yet, i only go by what you said, as a guideline.

Have i taken your quote regarding this subject out of context? If so could you please, flesh out your qoute? Or the rules regarding posts.

Thank you, Matthew

Attached Files

#29 Glenn Hamilton

Glenn Hamilton

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Interests:The bikes.
    Photography and vintage Soviet-era cameras.
    Analog music (tapes and LP's) and vintage Hi-Fi gear.

Posted 05 August 2006 - 08:58 AM

Russiancinecollector, on Aug 5 2006, 08:16 AM, said:

Glenn Good morning.

I understand your point. It is well taken. I will not go back to the P/R topics again. Yet, i only go by what you said, as a guideline.

Have i taken your quote regarding this subject out of context? If so could you please, flesh out your qoute? Or the rules regarding posts.

Thank you, Matthew
Yes, that quote is out of context.

Please read Posting Thoughts and More Posting Thoughts one more time. I'm not sure that I can make my thoughts any plainer on this subject, but I'll try:

This is a Russian Motorcycle Forum where I have provided a place for the occasional conversation that veers off-topic in Whatever or Rant 'n' Rave. This is not a Political/Religious Forum where I have provided a place for the occasional Russian motorcycle conversation to take place in Russian Motorcycle World. I would ask, yet again, for all to remember why they are here and post accordingly.

I'm a free speech kind of guy and I have zero interest in telling the members what or how to think. I actually have, in the past, enjoyed some of the more intelligent off-topic posts and learned a few things from some of the ones where my opinions differed from the author's point of view.

However, this situation is unlike any that I've seen in the years that the Board has been up. There are members whose sole purpose for being here seems to be the posting of a daily barrage of abusive and, quite frankly, vulgar and rude diatribes directed towards other members. Doesn't do much to foster a feeling of camaraderie and brotherhood, does it?

Please don't try to play coy with me, take my words out of context, and pretend that you were "just playing by the rules." I think that the rules are plain for all to see now.

Members, if you receive a warning Private Message from me and ignore it, you will be banned from the Board.
Glenn   Not an Admin. Honorary title only. ;)

Russian Bikes
Present:1997 Tourist, 2002 Bavarian Classic Solo
Past: 1995 Solo, 2003 Retro Solo

#30 gspell68

gspell68

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts
  • Interests:Keeping at least one of these two f*(k!^6 bikes running!

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:53 AM

I saw that one come to life at our last local rally. Its called Harley Davidson~with attached RUB. 98% of the bikes were so alike it was sick. Made the last 2% stick out like a sore thumb.

I was just checking out a local riding club. They had a section on their bike site labeled "Member's Customs". There was only two or three bikes there. It showed before and after shots. The "customs" had the same aftermarket pipes on both bikes and a different set of wheels. Some "customs"...
Scott Pell
gspell68@gmail.com
http://sites.google....site/foilheadz/
1951 K-750 (The Bull, БУЛ)
1962 K-750 (The Beast, БИСТ)
1959 M-72M Solo Rust Buc-Kit Bike

Sidecars are for b!#(*$.
Anyone who rides in that is automatically your b!#(*.
-Garden State

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
-Alexei Sayle

Real motorcycles have kickstarters and real men use them!
-Me

Cheap - Reliable - Fast
Pick any 2 and the last one won't apply!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users