• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Mac

Mac

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:Wife and kids, Camping, Motorcycle camping, canoe camping, fishing, hiking, building things. Guns, I also like to play harmonica with Blues or Bluegrass bands. War history. Collect antiques<br>I don't mind arguing over politics or religion since I don't do it at home or work.....that much.<br>And there's probably more. <br>

Posted 11 July 2006 - 09:34 PM

Does anybody know (or have one to sell) where I could buy a complete gun mount set for my sidecar?  

Besides "In Russia"  I'm thinking a little closer to home.
Mac

Before the sun goes down someone in this world will be shot. Don't let it be you.

#2 JohnBG

JohnBG

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,016 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, my family, Urals &amp; AK-47s...

Posted 11 July 2006 - 09:56 PM

IMZ stopped carrying those a while back.

I think Joe at Raceway Cycles, a Ural dealer in Oregon, was looking at having some made up.

You might try Yuri at Dneprworld.

There is a fella named Lesek at Old Time Cycles in Poland.  I think a few folks have bought MG mounts from him.  I can't find the link to his site.  Maybe someone here has it.

Hope this helps...
John Grocke (a.k.a. JohnBG)
1998.5 Ural Tourist 650 - "Valentina" - The Blonde
2006 Ural Raven 750 - "Vorona" - The Brunette

Site Admin for Soviet Steeds Motorcycle Forums - http://www.sovietsteeds.com/forums - An independent "collective" for Soviet, Russian, and Ukrainian motorcycle enthusiasts
Now visit the Soviet Steeds Photo Galleries - http://www.sovietsteeds.com/galleries - Add your own pics.

#3 Mac

Mac

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:Wife and kids, Camping, Motorcycle camping, canoe camping, fishing, hiking, building things. Guns, I also like to play harmonica with Blues or Bluegrass bands. War history. Collect antiques<br>I don't mind arguing over politics or religion since I don't do it at home or work.....that much.<br>And there's probably more. <br>

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:04 PM

Thanks John

If I just had the dimensions and installation instructions I could make one and install it myself.

Could anybody out there send that to me?   Photos would be nice also.

Thanks again John

I'll check into it

Mac
Mac

Before the sun goes down someone in this world will be shot. Don't let it be you.

#4 greenmachine

greenmachine

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 11:14 PM

It depends on which mount you wish to use and for what weaponry.....   The standard is something like this here....

kermitski

Attached Files

Former Frog-Meister
Rode around the block a couple times
and got rid of that goofy thing...

#5 doctor_weir

doctor_weir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Traveling, Classic Vehicles and WW2 history

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:02 AM

Mac, on Jul 11 2006, 09:34 PM, said:

Does anybody know (or have one to sell) where I could buy a complete gun mount set for my sidecar?  

Besides "In Russia"  I'm thinking a little closer to home.
Hi,

What type of gun mount do you need?

I can help you to find the russian machinegun support or the german MG42 like holder, like the one from the photo.

Attached Files

...No KMZ or IMZ rig is dead until you see it transformed into metal shavings...

SIDECAR CLASICO

#6 Mac

Mac

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:00 AM

doctor_weir, on Jul 12 2006, 04:02 AM, said:

Mac, on Jul 11 2006, 09:34 PM, said:

Besides "In Russia"  I'm thinking a little closer to home.
Hi,

What type of gun mount do you need?

I can help you to find the russian machinegun support or the german MG42 like holder, like the one from the photo.
I'm thinkinng MG 34.  I would at least like to get the Stand & Mount

As you can see, I'm starting from scratch.

Attached Files

Mac

#7 greenmachine

greenmachine

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:06 AM

The MG34 is not a Russian weapon and isn't a good match with a Russian gun mount or pintle. If you are gonna use a German weapon then use a German mount. They are expensive by the way......      You can check Blitzbikes or Edelweiss which both usually have them offered here in the US.

kermitski
Former Frog-Meister
Rode around the block a couple times
and got rid of that goofy thing...

#8 Mac

Mac

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:44 AM

greenmachine, on Jul 12 2006, 09:06 AM, said:

The MG34 is not a Russian weapon and isn't a good match with a Russian gun mount or pintle. If you are gonna use a German weapon then use a German mount. They are expensive by the way......      You can check Blitzbikes or Edelweiss which both usually have them offered here in the US.

kermitski
Thank you.  I will look into it.
Mac

#9 Mud Pie

Mud Pie

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:46 PM

Old Timers Garage sells a MG-34 adapter for the standard russian MG mount.

Here's his website....I've ordered a ton of stuff from him.... :)

http://www.oldtimerg...l/menu_ang.html
2005 Ural Gear Up
1983 Honda C70 Passport

The early bird mat get the worm, but the worm that sleeps late doesn't get eaten

#10 Mac

Mac

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:44 AM

Mud Pie, on Jul 26 2006, 06:46 PM, said:

Old Timers Garage sells a MG-34 adapter for the standard russian MG mount.

Here's his website....I've ordered a ton of stuff from him.... :)

http://www.oldtimerg...l/menu_ang.html
Damn Good Site

Thank you Mr Mud Pie
Mac

#11 Bearclaw

Bearclaw

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 09:30 PM

Mudpie
Went on the site but couln't find the machinegun mounts> Help

#12 Mud Pie

Mud Pie

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 06:57 AM

You have to go to Shop > Russian Bikes > Accessories then go through the pages.  He has a BUNCH of accessories.  Page 7 has the standard mount,   Page 15 has the sidecar mount (like standard on a G/U), and an older style MG mount.
2005 Ural Gear Up
1983 Honda C70 Passport

The early bird mat get the worm, but the worm that sleeps late doesn't get eaten

#13 Gunny Horsetrader

Gunny Horsetrader

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:My new motor cycle, still trying to put two children thru collage, work is that an interest?

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:55 AM

I checked out the site mudpie, i need more toys. By the way Semper Fi MAC
Adapt and Overcome!!!!
Торговец Лошади Реднины

#14 rmotors

rmotors

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:14 PM

Hello. We sell machine-guns stands for Russian Degtyaryov machine-gun. This stands are original for WW2 M72 motorcycles.
Cost of set (front and rear stands) - 120 USD. Cost of delivery from Ukraine to the USA - 55 USD.
Best regards,
Aleks Kisselyov
Retro Motors Group
www.russianmotors.com

Attached Files

#15 ypantom

ypantom

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Love traveling long distance on a bike, been too long since the last trip...

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:05 AM

:unsure: I wonder if a red light (so to speak), has gone off at someones' listening post?  B)
Ural dealer since 2000 -CYCLERAMA -10950 Harrison Ferry Rd. (hwy8) McMinnville, TN 37110-6640...cyclerama@hotmail.com  931-815-8382  -- Your children are a joy to behold---be holdin' 'em while in this store!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users