7 replies to this topic

#1 Solly

Solly

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:16 AM

Hi All. I have a k750 with a ural rear drive. The old drive hub that the ring gear is attached to was stripped off. As well as the wheel hub. So I got a new of both. The problem is the cover plate that the support bearing is pressed onto does not fit into the drive hub. The ural used a non felt spacer. The old one had a spiral cut for oil throw back. It seems the nose of the cover plate does not fit into the drive hub with clearance required for movement.I checked with several sites and the Dnepr and the Ural use the same part number of drive hub.Any thoughts. Machine the hub to fit( steel) or the aluminum cover plate?????

#2 luca.stere

luca.stere

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:33 AM

Some pics will help (me) to understand better de problem.

#3 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:04 AM

I agree. Pictures please.
Otherwise I cannot provide a useful response. (which I may not be capable of, anyway...)
~RN

#4 Solly

Solly

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:08 PM

Ive given up on trying to load pics to this site. Too many hoops of fire and Im not a dog or a pony.😀

#5 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:47 AM

"Ive given up on trying to load pics to this site."

That can be frustrating. This old dog had to learn some new tricks. I can relate.
~RN

#6 racepres

racepres

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:54 AM

With Greed consuming PhotoBucket, folks are Using Post Image..
HTH

#7 Solly

Solly

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:55 PM

Ok. Measuring diameter of the backside of the drivehub with a bore gauge where the felt ringed spacer is inserted. And comparing to a dial indicator measurement of the nose of the cover plate that drops into the bore. There is approx. A 0.010" difference. Ive been honing the bore with a brake cylinder hone and sanding the nose with emory cloth and it almost has enough clearance Clarence. A little more and we'll be golden. The felt ringed spacer is not used with a Ural rear drive. Instead they opt for a plain spacer of the same length but with a spiral cut in the outside of it for oil throw back away from the shaft . So oil doesnt leech out around the shaft and out to the retaining nut area. Also the nose of the cover plate has a inversely spiral cut for additional oil control. This cut is just tall enough to cause a clearance issue with a new part.Though the part numbers for the drivehub are the same for Dnepr and Ural. That particular dimension is not the same. Or it was just made wrong. Say It Isnt So! Old hub has just enough clearance Clarence!

#8 Solly

Solly

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:42 PM

I'll try to get a tutorial from a young work mate to post images. Not sure I understand the difference of photobucket compared to post image RacePres. In good time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users