#1 MotoJ

MotoJ

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • Interests:Ol' arn

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:10 PM

Rewiring my 97 650. Planning on using a C5 ignition. I have been looking at the Blue Seas fuse blocks. Id like to put a car battery on the car. It doesnt have a tub. It will be a flatbed cargo car, with a toolbox mounted aft, for the electrics and storage. Anyone done this scheme? Any advantage to deep cycle vs typical car battery? I have the 424 alternator.
Famous last words:
Hey! Hold my beer and watch this.......

#2 MotoJ

MotoJ

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:11 PM

Incidently, also looking for a shock and a sidecar fender, for Dnepr sidecar frame. Cosmetics not important. Going for the farm truck look, lol.
Famous last words:

#3 racepres

racepres

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:57 AM

I'm wondering if the 424 is up to the Task maintaining a large battery??
I only use about a 7AH AGM Battery on the Kick start Dnepr [MT-11] A Deep Cycle battery would only be an advantage for a total loss system I would Think.. My MT-11 will go quite a ways on the 7AH agm... but, Points will run at a lower Voltage than Most EI systems.. When it starts to run Rough... I know the Battery is Low..

#4 MotoJ

MotoJ

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:21 AM

Won't it just top off what was used?
Famous last words:

#5 MotoJ

MotoJ

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:23 AM

Bump.
RP, I did get a 7AH.
I need to know the key positions now. Can anyone tell me what are the positions for Lights, Ignition, etc?
Close to installing the ignition and don't know which position is ON.

Also, I am hooking a Dnepr sidecar frame to this 98 Ural 1WD bike. I have a brake backing plate. Should there be a thrust washer between plate and swingarm, on the axle? There's a slight bevel on the axle
Or is there one inside, between the wheel guts and the plate? Hard to see from the parts diagrams I've found online.
Famous last words:

#6 racepres

racepres

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:27 AM

View PostMotoJ, on 17 December 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

Won't it just top off what was used?

The Generator will Yes.. So the theory is good... But, that large amp hour battery will always draw more [even just to "top off] from the Charging system, than a Smaller battery

View PostMotoJ, on 21 January 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

Bump.
RP, I did get a 7AH.
I need to know the key positions now. Can anyone tell me what are the positions for Lights, Ignition, etc?
Close to installing the ignition and don't know which position is ON.

Also, I am hooking a Dnepr sidecar frame to this 98 Ural 1WD bike. I have a brake backing plate. Should there be a thrust washer between plate and swingarm, on the axle? There's a slight bevel on the axle
Or is there one inside, between the wheel guts and the plate? Hard to see from the parts diagrams I've found online.

On my MT-11 the key is either on or off... the Lights [all accessories] are controlled at the Handlebar switches..If I was rewiring, I would simply use a 20+ amp Breaker on the battery directly, and about a 15a Breaker off of the "on" position of the Keyswitch..to the rest of the system.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Peter Williams