4 replies to this topic

#1 Scrapple

Scrapple

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:22 PM

My Ural is a 2008 Tourist, It was the demo for the dealer that is long gone.  It has never run correctly and I always suspected a clogged pilot jet on the side I had to keep the enrichener pulled on.  CVK carbs.  Is there anywhere there is a jet listing for what it is suppose to have for main, pilot jets and is the needle position from the factory like most CV carbs in the middle?  Yes, the pilot jet was completely plugged, the dealer had screwed the idle screw until the butterfly was partially open to compensate for that.  I pulled that carb and could not unclog the jet like it had a broken wire in it (tip cleaner for a torch) my Indy had a 42 pilot jet but it was used so I don't know if the bore is correct.  What I want to do is order new jets, and needles for both and rebuild both carbs.  It's very frustrating as I got the new (used) pilot jet and turned the idle screw back to have the butterfly closed.  Start the bike and it "runs away" on that cyl.  I don't know if he monkeyed with the vacuum lines to the carbs or what.  So if I knew what was factory jetting and needles I should be able to get it to a point where if it is a vacuum issue, I can solve that.  Any help here is appreciated.  I seldom ride it as the plates and insurance are a bit much, but do need to get it to saleable condition.

Attached Files

#2 Scrapple

Scrapple

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:24 PM

Yep, been a member since 2010 and this is my first post.  Rather odd.

#3 Anonymous5

Anonymous5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:41 AM

Hard to say exactly what factory jets were.  They were usually either 122 or 125 mains and 38 idle jets.  Depending on your location and altitude, you may want to fatten them up a little.

Which needle are you talking about?

1. Idle mixture screw needle - turn it in until it soft seats then back it out 1-1/2 turns.
2.  Float needle
3. Diaphragm slide needle - Only adjustment is to add M3 washers underneath to raise it a little.  2008 models came with no washers.

http://myural.com/ke...disassembly.htm

#4 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:42 AM

Here's a look at the Keihen CVK carbs from below.
~RNAttached File  KCV.jpg   15.65K   14 downloads

#5 Scrapple

Scrapple

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:12 AM

View PostAnonymous5, on 29 September 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

Hard to say exactly what factory jets were.  They were usually either 122 or 125 mains and 38 idle jets.  Depending on your location and altitude, you may want to fatten them up a little.

Which needle are you talking about?

1. Idle mixture screw needle - turn it in until it soft seats then back it out 1-1/2 turns.
2.  Float needle
3. Diaphragm slide needle - Only adjustment is to add M3 washers underneath to raise it a little.  2008 models came with no washers.

http://myural.com/ke...disassembly.htm
Thanks, that is exactly the info I needed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carbs, Jets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users