5 replies to this topic

#1 akolleth

akolleth

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:51 PM

Got my first Russian bike, a nice blue/silver 2006 Ural Troyka.

So question about it, are the throttle grip  on a Ural set up typically to roll forward to give it power, or roll back (as in what I am used to with all the other bikes I've owned)  this one is definitely set currently to roll forward.  Not sure if that was a previous owner choice, or is that how Urals roll :)  

Haven't had a chance to tear apart the throttle cable housing on the handlebars, any idea if are they swappable from push to pull easily?  I am definitely more comfortable with a roll back  style, but I suppose I could learn to deal with a roll forward style if I need to.

#2 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:54 AM

Should roll top back for increase in throttle.
All of them.
~RN

#3 akolleth

akolleth

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:18 PM

well the Po definitely reversed it then.  Still trying to figure out of its an easily swapped from push to pull, or if he did some custom work to get it reversed.

#4 racepres

racepres

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:41 AM

I would think if you simply remove the housing you could "re-wind" the cable the other way. On most old housings this is possible, or .. The "tube" is wrong...new 7/8 throttle tubes are inexpensive.

#5 dowey

dowey

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:09 PM

iv never seen anyone do that before ...maybe they had hand problems that would only allow them to use the throttle in that way ...like was said above ..it's an easy fix ..just open the housing and swop it around
2005 ural
1992 dnepr mt11
2015 ural

#6 akolleth

akolleth

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:32 PM

Thanks, was an easy fix.  Throttle grip had positions to set it up either way.  Not sure why he had it put that way, but was a quick fix at least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users