#1 stace1g

stace1g

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:01 PM

Hi looking for some help.

I have just purchased a Dnepr 10-36 here in the UK as a project. This was purchased off someone who themselves arranged import via a Latvian contact. I have the bill of sale for the original purchase plus the Latvian log book plus a receipt off the guy I bought from. The bike was imported Dec 2016. It did not come with any NOVA paperwork and I am concerned it was not notified.

In addition there is no VIN on the original bill of sale or Latvian log book?

What should I do?

regards

Gary

#2 Steve7959

Steve7959

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:36 AM

Join the Cossack Owners Club

You'll get access to people with a wealth of knowledge and advise/help with how to register your bike.

www.cossackownersclub.co.uk

#3 jester 303

jester 303

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:15 AM

yes ile 2nd that  with out there help I would  have got no where

#4 stace1g

stace1g

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:22 AM

Thanks Guys

In addition the frame is not stamped with a VIN on the rear left shock top mount? It doesnt appear to have been tampered with and this would explain the lack of VIN on the logbook and bill of sale. Was this just an omission at the factory? Is this common?

Engine number clear and present and this does match the number on the logbook

regards

Gary

#5 dorttega

dorttega

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:riding, spannering, poilshing and admiring of two wheeled contraptions

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:05 AM

Hi Gary, looks like we both got our Dneprs from the same guy in Latvia, I have recently been through the Nova registration proceedure which was quite easy to do online.
If you got a small brown or buff coloured Latvian log book with the bike, this should have the vin number in it or a frame number which can be used for identity purposes,
but they can be hard to decipher if its in Russian
Other wise , try looking at the front of the headstock where there should be a vin plate fixed,
Then if you get the number from there , you can look up on the HMRC website for importing vehicles from the EU and you have to register and then go to the self import
section for a single vehicle , put in all the details that you have and submit your application.
Once this has been processed, you get a comfirmation and you can print off the NOVA registration and you shouldn't have any import duty to pay , if as myself, you bought a
cheap do up project bike.
Once you have this you do not need to inform Swansea DLA as the HMRC send over your NOVA to them, but keep the print out NOVA anyway
I rang DLA and told them that my Dnepr would not be ready for registration for some time as it was being refurbished over the next 12 months and they said that this isnt a problem.
There is a from from DLA for registration , I cant remember what number it is , but DLA will tell you.
When you have the bike ready for the road, you then have to get it Mot'd on the frame number and have insurance and then  you can apply for a registration Number and road tax.
Hope this helps and happy Dnepring
And then she said " Why do you need another bike" and I said, "I'm going to need a bigger shed too"

#6 stace1g

stace1g

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:59 AM

Thanks for the info. managed to get the NOVA sorted

Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users