Birdy

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, duh!
    Computers, fly fishing and Parrots, I have three

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:37 PM

I've decided to name it "Moose", takes about as much muscle to turn it as it'd take to turn a moose. But I am getting the hang of it and dumped "George", the sand bag, and am learning both on the lightly traveled roads and in a couple of large parking lots near by my place. I made a couple of trips back the Heindl to get the sidecar adjusted, the road where I live have a lot more crown than the 1 1/2 lane country roads of there do. I found that my butt and the step saddle fight like cats and dogs. I picked up a Tractor saddle and while it's not as bad the leg room loss is killing my bum knee. I call them and they are going to get me an Enduro saddle like the Gear up has and give me full credit on the Tractor saddle and fender rack, great dealership, a real class act.

I did a valve check and adjustment and they were way open and less than 800 miles. The left exhaust was at .013" intake .006" with the right exhaust at .009" and the intake at .006". Needless to say it was a bit on the noisy side and much quieter after I adjusted them to spec, still ans nice tap tap tap but better that than burned valves.

I added the Ural driving lights and a Tri-Bar headlight with a LED bulb in it so it's bright now. I don't know why but the Ural wiring on the lights is a non-switched source. So I dropped a relay in and triggered it off the parking light wire, no longer using it so they switch off with the key now.

I pulled the windshield to make it easier to hook up the relay and I also added a USB power port. I have put it back on but plan to cut in down by about 6" as I hate looking through a windshield. and the top edge in right in my line of vision.

All in all I'm having a blast well worth the long wait I had, 7 years as life kept getting in the way, and hope to learn enough to take a couple of ladies I know for a ride soon.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users