#1 Tad Haggard

Tad Haggard

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 03:00 AM

G'day All,
I don't know if this worked the first time so Here goes again, I'll make it a bit different if it did go through.
I have a M72 of unknown origin, the motor is a KMZ750, the headlight, Speedo, wheels, seat are CJ750 and the frame is not (either I suspect).  Frame No. LH plunger frame is 12661, 12691, 1269, 1266, 266 or 269.  The ones look like marks made with the edge of a stamp not ones, however they are only at the ends of the number not throughout it so maybe they are ones.  The ID plate on the steering stem is so obviously adopted that I cannot trust it.  I will try and learn the art of posting pictures (last time deleted or posted my efforts, not sure which) and post some ASAP.
Engine Number is 66315 and there are no stars on it, it is also sans the date normally stamped on the LHS next to valve adjustment cover. Gearbox Number is 358612.
Would like to know more about its history and if it is a bitsa or not.
Cheers
Tad Haggard

#2 luca.stere

luca.stere

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:22 AM

After the frame number it should be in the first years. Put some pictures with the frame.

#3 Tad Haggard

Tad Haggard

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:38 AM

Photos of numbers.
The small L shaped mark on the RHS is cast and sits proud (rises above the surface) of the frame the numbers are stamped, not very well by the looks. 3 to look at

Gear Box No 658612

Engine No 66315

Any help most appreciated.
Please note, the battery holder is 100mm not 120mm. This makes it pre 1945 or does it?
Cheers
Tad Haggard

Attached Files

#4 Peter Williams

Peter Williams

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:44 PM

Post some photos of the bike, gearbox and engine. Gives a better chance of IDing things than numbers.

#5 Tad Haggard

Tad Haggard

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:29 AM

No Worries see as follows,
if there are any particular things you want to see that will help let me know.
Cheers

Attached Files

#6 luca.stere

luca.stere

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:23 AM

The serial number seems to be restamped, so is not relevant.

#7 rbike

rbike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:46 PM

Considering that my post about K750m engine and fuel tank from mid sixties and  some Chang Jiang parts were deleted, it makes to think that not everyone is interested to know what bike age is.
Ural Gear Up
Volvo BV202
M72N
CJ750
Mt11
K750M

#8 Tad Haggard

Tad Haggard

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:48 AM

hello rbike, I didn't get to see the post about K750m engine or mid sixties fuel tank etc. And I don't know how it got deleted, unless I did it inadvertently myself.  I am aware of the K750 Motor but will look up the "m", how do you tell it is a mid sixties tank? Headlight bucket is from a Chang Jiang  but lens etc. is Soviet. Has been repaired with CJ parts and has Chinese oil seals and other rubber. I have come across a post somewhere that mentioned wheelbase changes over a period of several years so will chase that up. The battery mount is the smaller earlier years size same as CJ but the rear frame tapers towards the end so it is a Russian or Ukranian frame. The gearbox is definitely early. I have been away from this thread for a while as it was possible to present evidence ie tapered rear  frame members and smaller battery holder, along with credible historical documentation, which dated the bike as pre-1960 and the local historical society rubber stamped my application for historical vehicle registration. I am naturally curious however, probably why I found the bike in the first place, and I refuse to be put off. I really do want to know how old this bike is, preferably it and all of its component parts.
Cheers
Tad

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: M72, KMZ750, Sidevalve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users