#1 mitcheman

mitcheman

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 08:52 AM

Hi guys,

I hope you can help me. I have a 1960 dnepr k750 SV. Could somebody tell me how I can tune/adjust the carbs? She keeps cutting out when idleling, backfires when i turn on the throttle. And doesn't sound smooth when increassing revs. I have a 6v electronic ignition system with pz28d SV carbs and a HD liberator coil.

And for some reason the right cylinder is running hotter then the left one.

Thanks for the help!!

#2 luca.stere

luca.stere

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 01:09 AM

The best way is to check everything: spark, ignition timing, clean the carbs, new sparkplugs and wires.

#3 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:29 AM

And the most important thing to start with is adjusted valves!
Once the valves are adjusted, the backfiring usually indicates lean mixture, normal when the engine is cool, otherwise indicating a possibly clogged fuel jet in the carb.

When you are satisfied that the valves are properly adjusted, the spark plugs are firing properly (timing too), and the carbs are clean and working,
next step is to adjust the idle so both sides match, and then adjust the throttle for matched rpm at running speeds.
Yes there are various methods to do that, depending on the carbs, and your available tools. Later info.

With these bikes: One step at a time. And patience
~RN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users