#1 Kev_M67

Kev_M67

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 07:09 PM

G'day Fellow Aussie Ural etc owners,

Finally got my M67-36 all back together and running sweet....(attached photo). Went to get a blue-slip and I have hit a hurdle.....the green compliance plate (which I have found out is a Low Volume import plate), dated 12/83, does not appear on the NSW registry system.

I know my bike was registered in Vic (but I do not have any paperwork to show it),  but I cannot get any information out of VicRoads due to privacy disclosure laws.

I am wondering if there are any other Ural owners out there with a similiar plate, or had a similiar issue that could help provide some information?....seems it would affect bikes pre 1st Jan 1989, when the import process changed. After this date, the Dept of Imports kept records, but before they didn't.....pre computer days apparently.

Cheers,
Kev. :cool:

Attached Files

1981 M67-36

#2 Kev_M67

Kev_M67

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:53 PM

Just a quick update.

After waiting a month for the federal department of imports to report back that their records don't exist pre 1988, and a further three weeks for the local RMS office to check with their VIN department, I was finally told that there was no reason that a blue-slip could not be given.

So.....picked another unregistered vehicle inspection station, and tah-dah!.....rego completed.

Cheers,
Kev. :cool:
1981 M67-36

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users