17 replies to this topic

#16 roscoau

roscoau

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:48 AM

$1000au for a tank. Then I have to paint it. Bull######!

How long is it since there was a Ranger with a green tank with white pinstripes? Not in my time... old stock at ridiculous prices.
2009 Tourist

Aussie Ural Owners

Speed limits: an achievement, not a restriction - Ural

#17 Peter Williams

Peter Williams

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:28 AM

Pretty sure I know where you can get a NOS tank far cheaper than that, you'll still have to paint it though. Let me know if you're interested and I'll get you the contact details.

#18 Mike Goldthorpe

Mike Goldthorpe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:01 PM

It pays to look around.  I managed to get a Chang Jiang petrol tank here in NZ for NZ$70.  Painting cost a lot more - I don't have the skill or the time to fool anyone with a home paint job so I outsourced that.  Recently I bought a Steib S501 chassis for NZ$36 - and this off our equivalent of Craigslist, Leboncoin, etc (TradeMe here in NZ).
If you need something you will end up paying - not so much for the object but for the convenience of having it when you want it.  If you don't need it at once then you can dictate the price...or at least have the upper hand in the haggling.
Mind you, if you think ex-Soviet bike prices are high try getting BMW /2 parts at affordable prices.  Compare a set of Bing carbs vs a set of PZ28s for a real eye-opening experience....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users