Ignition Kit for Ural 650 OHV engines
ElectroIgnition M103 is a contactless electronic ignition kit for Ural 650 OHV engines using good quality parts for better performance and reliability. This ignition kit eliminate completely the old parts of the original Russian ignition and requires to install some parts outside the engine and it works only for the motorcycles with 12 Volts electric system.
The M103 ignition kit replaces the PM-301/PM-302/PM-302A ignitions and it works at all Ural 650 engines with this type of ignition points called also the "mixing bowl of doom".
image001.jpg 99.08K 10 downloads
The ignition kit type M103 is composed by the following parts:
1. Plate with Hall sensor and plate signal trigger with bolt
image004.jpg 10.46K 9 downloads
2. Ignition module with wires (soldered connectors)
image006.jpg 9.31K 8 downloads
3. Ignition coil
image008.jpg 4.95K 5 downloads
4. Cable ignition Beru (1 meter)
image010.jpg 6.83K 5 downloads
5. NGK sparkplugs
nkg sparkplugs.jpg 9.04K 5 downloads
6. Bolts (inbus 5mm) for plate fixation
image014.jpg 2.73K 4 downloads
7. Various conectors for the wires:
image016.jpg 3.44K 4 downloads
Installation and setup
1. Mount the plate sensor using the three Allen 5mm bolts (inbus bolts), for beginning the bolts should be in the centre of the oval holes like is shown in the picture below:
image018.jpg 20.22K 6 downloads
2. Before mounting the plate trigger signal you have to align the pistons by slowly turning the engine until you reach the first mark on the flywheel wich is the maximum advance timing point, this sign is shortly before the Top Dead Center sign (TDC).
image020.jpg 17.48K 10 downloads
3. After aligning the pistons in the maximum advance point sign you can mount the the plate trigger signal using the 6mm hex bolt and tighten the plate trigger with the nut. The plate trigger signal has to be in the position showed below with the painted part in line with the sensor ignition.
image022.jpg 20.32K 12 downloads
4. After this operation you can start the engine and procede to the final settings by moving the plate sensor in order to give more timing advance or to reduce the timing advance.
5. The plate trigger signal has to be mounted with an equal space between the Hall sensor elements, in order to do that you can use some 6mm washer like in the image below:
image024.jpg 8.46K 12 downloads
If necessary you can slightly bend the plate trigger sensor for a better adjustment.
6. DO NOT MOUNT the ignition coil and the ignition module inside of the ignition engine compartment, the excessive heat and vibrations will damage the ignition coil and the ignition module. In fact these are the main reasons for the rapid breakdown and failure of the Russian ignition parts.
The recommended place to install the ignition module and the ignition coil is on the frame under the tank.
7. Wiring conections: in the box of the ignition kit there is a printed electric schema. Also, below are described the conections between the parts from the ignition kit:
a. Green/yellow wire from the ignition module must be connected at the ignition coil at the connector 1 (inscripted on the coil).
b. Black wire from the ignition module must be connected at minus (ground).
c. Red wire from the ignition module must be connected at the ignition switch in order to start and stop the engine from the ignition switch. Also the ignition coil positive connector 15 (inscripted on the coil) must be connected at the ignition switch.
d. Blue wire from the ignition module (input +) must be connected with the red wire from the Hall sensor.
e. Yellow wire from the ignition module (input -) must be connected with the green wire from the Hall sensor.
f. The cooling plate from the ignition module must be connected to minus (ground) directly by bolts or if it is not possible by a wire with bolt.
PRICE: 137$, only by PayPal.
ElectroIgnition it is not a company, it is my personal "brand" for this ignition kit wich is designed and realised by me from various aftermarket spareparts (JMP, Mobiletron NGK, Beru). However, if you buy this product you will benefit for all the conditions like you are buying from a company (warranty, technical support). Warranty is offered only if the ignition kit is mounted on the bike by specialised personnel. Every ignition kit is tested before selling on the engine for full functionality.