3 replies to this topic

#1 Arctic Ural

Arctic Ural

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:27 PM

I have had the most difficult time trying to figure out why my 08 Patrol's right turn signal keeps killing the fuse. My left side works fine but.... can't figure it out.
I disconnected the hack and "jumped" the right hand turn signals to the left rear to try and isolate....the right hand turn signals worked fine.

2. with the hack unplugged, i tried the left turn signals and it still popped. (the hack isn't the problem)

3. replaced the turn signal relay. it worked for a bit and I thought we had it fixed. put everything back together and NOOOOOO. it popped it again.

someone help!

#2 Vance Blosser

Vance Blosser

Russian Bike Nut

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Interests:Good Science Fiction. Doing maintenance on older vehicles. Riding the Ural. Unusual vehicles.

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:48 PM

Which side is it? You said right turn in the furst paragraph then left turn in step 2. I suspect you meant right....

Follow the turn signal wire from the sidecar plug back towards the headlight, sounds like you have a pinched wire somewhere.

#3 Arctic Ural

Arctic Ural

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:27 PM

I think you might be correct. I installed a new fuel tank and I bet it is crimping it. I'll let you know. Thanks

#4 Arctic Ural

Arctic Ural

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 12:16 PM

Yep, that was it! the green (turn signal) wire was pinched under the fuel tank. Thanks so much

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical, fuse, lights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users