• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lee Pape

Lee Pape

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:52 AM

Sitting here this morning barely able to see the neighbor's house across the driveway due to the blowing snow. Thinking about warmer times to come. So get you pencil and calendars out and mark these dates down. June 24, 25 and 26, 2016. We will be basing out of http://nappsmotel.info/.

Now for the dirty details, yes I said dirty. Your bike will develop a dusty patina as we will be exploring some back roads through several states. Over the years I have had requests by several people to stop at Grotto in Dickeyville, WI, http://www.dickeyvil...#!about_us/ciaa. So I am thinking this might be our big stop of the weekend. Then of course there is a chance that we may take the ferry across Ol' Muddy to Iowa to play for a while in Iowa. We do end back up at the motel each evening. I haven't started looking at routes yet so I can not tell you how many miles a day we will cover. In the past it has been any place between 100 and 200 miles a day.

The past several years we have done a pizza night on Saturday evening. I think this year our hosts Mike and Maria would like do have a cookout. We will have to see how this plays out. Also Nancy has wanted to do a White Elephant thing during the weekend. Outrider staged a mobile flea market during last fall ACTUrAL gathering, where he unloaded so older Ural parts as well as a leather jacket that shrunk on him while hanging in the closet. I know I still have a few old Ural parts in the garage and I think Nancy has several motorcycle jackets that have shrunk as well. So if this sounds lie something we should do let me know so we can plan things out.

All of our riding will not be on gravel but gravel and dirt (possibly mud depending on Mother Nature) will be involved. So you may want to wait until after the 3x3x3 to clean up your bike if you believe in that sort of thing, 42Thumbs.

If you have any questions you can email me at: sidecarring@gmail.com. Well it is about time to go shovel the first layer of wet heavy snow off of thing. And I don't care what Punxsutawney Phil says warm weather can't come soon enough for me this year.
We may not have it all together,
but together we have it all.

Lee Pape
2007 Ural Tourist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users