So having both the MT9 and the MT10-36 non running, I decided it was time to rebuild the spare engine and gearbox.
Everything was cleaned and taken apart, and both engine and gearbox looked in good shape, needing only new bearings, seals, and of course a total rebuild of the cylinder and head.
I bought HQ parts to hopefully make it better and more reliable. FAG bearings, quality seals, Almot pistons, HQ valves and guides from Moto-Boxer.
I spent a lot of time cleaning the engine case, crank and rods for casting seams and general rough surfaces.
The rods were also balanced, and the new main bearings trimmed to fit perfectly.
The heads were mildly ported before installing new guides and getting the 3 angle valve seat job done.
The gearbox went together quickly, but the engine was assembled today because I had to wait a long time for the machine shop to bore the cylinders and cut the valve seats.