Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, sidecars

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:25 AM

The ride is June 1. Go here for details:

http://pbtf.convio.n...ry#.U3yZjdTwq_S

Here is a post I just did over on Soviet Steeds. Sorry about the double posting, but I get emotional about this one and really can't create a new post at the moment. Think something got in my eyes:

will be on the Retro for the RFK after all, thank you Gene!

The PBTF folks, they contact me because I am pres of the state sidecar club, have said they have a lot more kids than registered folks who can haul them. They REALLY need sidecars this year. I don't care if you tell me or not, but PLEASE consider going! THE KIDS LOVE URALS! They ask for them when there is a choice! Would love to say its the Retros the like, but it's the green ones that get their attention... Register at the link above, then use the contact link to tell them you are willing to take a VIP for a ride.

Saying that, Birmingham needs sidecars even worse than Atlanta. Their ride is not until September 21. They had 2 rigs show up last year. Unlike Atlanta, they got around the new Hippa rules last year and had lots of kids and no one to take them for a ride. Come on guys, we have members here and RI who have been helped by these folks or the folks at St Jude's. (where Pediatric Brain Tumors are concerned, the PBTF and St Jude's and the Shriners all share resources. It's for the kids, not the organizations. And these are good ones where the majority of the money goes to research and NOT organization or to raise more funds!)

Yeah, I am begging, this is too important to not do. Plus, if you need another reason, my and Gene's old friend and long time Uralista Carl Schantz who was killed on his Ural this year was a huge supporter of the RFK and was at the 1st and almost every one of the 30 there has been. He will be missed more than any of us who knew him can say. No way he can be replaced, but a few more Urals there in his memory would probably bring BigJames and quite a few others to tears and make us happy at the same time. Yeah, I feel that strongly about this one. I have 4 healthy kids and 9 healthy nieces and nephews, how about you all? This really is the least we can do for these kids, plus, a donation can be less than what we spend on a single tire and might save a kids life. Please pick an RFK to do and do it.
2011 Ural Retro
1995/1979 Bural  Sportsman/R100
1988 HD FLHS/Watsonian Cambridge
1951 Servicar

1976 BMW R90/6 Motorvation Royale (Sold Aug 18, 2014)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users