7 replies to this topic

#1 johnR

johnR

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:41 PM

Well, another CRAP is in the books.  I want to thank those who attended and sincerely appreciate all who helped out.  Ken U brought the best bacon I think I have every tasted.  Thanks also to Glenn for coming and cracking everyone up.  The weather was great and we had a fantastic turn out.
Thanks again,
John

#2 Glenn Hamilton

Glenn Hamilton

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Interests:The bikes.
    Photography and vintage Soviet-era cameras.
    Analog music (tapes and LP's) and vintage Hi-Fi gear.

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:48 PM

John, I can't thank you enough for your hospitality. It was great to see the old timers and make some new friends. If there is a "gold standard" for rallies, you have exceeded it in every way. Looking forward to next year! :smile:
Glenn   Not an Admin. Honorary title only. ;)

Russian Bikes
Present:1997 Tourist, 2002 Bavarian Classic Solo
Past: 1995 Solo, 2003 Retro Solo

#3 BigJames

BigJames

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, sidecars

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

+1

2011 Ural Retro
1995/1979 Bural  Sportsman/R100
1988 HD FLHS/Watsonian Cambridge
1951 Servicar

1976 BMW R90/6 Motorvation Royale (Sold Aug 18, 2014)

#4 BigJames

BigJames

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, sidecars

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:46 AM

Glenn giving MartyL (from the other forum) an award was one of the highlights of Russian bike riding cooperation! Then there was this:

2011 Ural Retro
1995/1979 Bural  Sportsman/R100
1988 HD FLHS/Watsonian Cambridge
1951 Servicar

1976 BMW R90/6 Motorvation Royale (Sold Aug 18, 2014)

#5 johnR

johnR

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

I did want to thank a few folks for the door prizes that were donated this year.  Thank-you IMZ-Ural for the great donations, Weav for giving out one of his books, Glenn H. for the great prizes he brought (and brought the house down as well) believe it or not Glenn is a bit funny when he wants to be :smileywaving: .  I also want to thank Terry Crawford (Crawford Sales) for the oil filter kits (they were really appreciated by those who won them).  I want to thank everyone who came out to support this event....I am humbled and honored to be a part of you guys :wink: .
John

#6 johnR

johnR

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:25 PM

View PostBigJames, on 07 May 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

Glenn giving MartyL (from the other forum) an award was one of the highlights of Russian bike riding cooperation! Then there was this:

You guys have to know that during this event the monkey was giving directions to the driver who was completely blind folded through a marked out course.  This was not as easy as it looks!!!!! :ohmy:

#7 Ken Ulrich

Ken Ulrich

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles,sidecars,airplanes,model airplanes,metal working( machinist) wood working, beer drinking ( one a day). staying busy. updating MT11 "Sweet Thang" ( silk purse from a sows ear) not silk yet, but getting close. talking to god so that I may take it all with me

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:14 PM

Thanks for the good times from one and all, drove North to Kingsport and visited the farm site where Mary and I lived from 1960-62, all the buildings now gone for a new park, spent the nite at Cookville, Tenn, and then a 18 hour run from there to Mosinee,Wi, about 800 miles more or less, got home at 1:00am. Temp temp was a balmy 39 deg F. Scheezzz don't mind winter, but this is beyound the pale.....got to call Al.....Ken

#8 Duckyde

Duckyde

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:52 PM

Looks like a fantastic time and once again sorry to have missed it this year.  Had a schedule conflict that weekend but will double efforts to make next years.  Thanks for posting the videos!
.....boldly going nowhere....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users