• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lee Pape

Lee Pape

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

I just called and made Nancy's and my reservation at Knapp's Motel in Fennimore, WI. Marian is very excited that we decided to come back and stay this year. She even hollered at Mike that the Russian motorcycle were coming back. I heard him in the back ground saying GREAT. If you were not with use last year this motel in an older place but the current owners are doing a bang up job of getting it back into shape. They welcomed everyone like a family member last year.

So now it is you job to pick up the phone and make your call to the Napp's Motel for the 3x3x3 on June 6th, 7th and 8th, 2014. There phone number is 608-822-3226.
http://www.nappsmote...o/Home_Page.php

I have no idea of any routes yet but there is a good chance of possibly may be hitting four states during the ride this year. And again Breitbach's Country Dinning has a good chance of being one of our stops. http://www.breitbach...ntrydining.com/

There is several other motel in the area if the Knapp's Motel does not fit you style and I do think that there is also camping in the area. Yes we don't have any mountains or desert to ride in but we do have the Great River Road. Depending on the make up of the group will determine what type of roads I will be taking. With Urals most of us don't care if it is hard surfaced or even on the ADV side of things. All types can be found in the area. http://www.grantcoun... ... lanner.pdf

We might even have a chance to eat at the Fennimore Fireman's Steak Fry again this year.
We may not have it all together,
but together we have it all.

Lee Pape
2007 Ural Tourist

#2 dcsob

dcsob

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

Hello ,
When you do the ride are you using pre-planned route or seat of the pants routes. I have been riding that area with the Yamaha 650 society for years and we have multiple rides in the areas. If needed/wanted it would be no problem to get some route maps directions from the director.
I think it would be a hoot to ride the area on the rig. Late to the party ,but how long have you been doing the 3x3x3?

#3 Lee Pape

Lee Pape

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

We have been doing this since 2003. The spring ride we call the 3x3x3 and we've based out of several locations in that area over the years. The fall gathering we call the ACTUrAL and it has been going on just as long. The fall ride moves location more, as far south as Keokuk, IA and as far west as Atlantic, IA, as well as the 3x3x3 area.

Sometime I preplan the routes ad other time it is just  of the pants. Last spring we rode to the Mustard Museum on Friday, and on Saturday we wandered over to the river then own to Potosí for lunch. Our riding distance and speed depends on the skill level of the  group.

We welcome anyone to the rides as long as they are willing to put up with a bunch of Ural owners.
but together we have it all.

Lee Pape
2007 Ural Tourist

#4 Lee Pape

Lee Pape

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:31 AM

Time for a bump.