Any Dnepr Riders going to Holopaw Ural Gathering?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DneprJohn

DneprJohn

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:God, family, motorcycles, military vehicles, music, good BBQ, swordplay, guns.

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

Just wondering.  I hope to be there this year, albeit with a Ural engine installed.  
Joke:  How do you get a Dnepr to a rally?
A:  Either install a different engine in it, or tow it there... :laugh:

Attached Files

John Timbes AKA "DneprJohn"
'01 Dnepr MT-11 with 750 Ural engine/trans, "Vaya"
This "NORMAL" you speak of, doesn't sound very fun...

#2 drifter735

drifter735

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

hey john.just got postcard from holowpaw.seriously trying to go.i'm in ft. myers area.let me know.

#3 frany

frany

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

I WILL BE THERE GREAT EVENT,LAST YEAR THERE WERE 2 INCLUDING MINE.My Dnepr engine blew up a week latter.Installed a NOS 750 ural.

#4 DneprJohn

DneprJohn

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:God, family, motorcycles, military vehicles, music, good BBQ, swordplay, guns.

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

Drifter, I am coming from North Florida, Tallahassee area.  Already have the time off from work, and have paid for hotel stay.  Frany, my 650 Ural engine has been good, but I am working on a 750 upgrade, may have one by March.  

The plan so-far is to take-off from Carrabelle headed east on 98 on the 13th, then stay in Crystal River.  Then, get up the next morning and go to Homosassa Springs to look at the Manatees, and go east on 44 and 27 to Kissimmee. On Friday, 15th, will probably go by the shop and peruse and possibly buy stuff.  We have plans for Friday night in Kissimmee, but I plan to be at Holopaw all day Saturday for the rally.  There's a good ride Sunday out to a good restaurant near Meritt Island, then we head back west to Tampa for some more vacationing.
John Timbes AKA "DneprJohn"
'01 Dnepr MT-11 with 750 Ural engine/trans, "Vaya"
This "NORMAL" you speak of, doesn't sound very fun...

#5 drifter735

drifter735

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

hey john.we made it to the rally late saturday and left around 6:30.came by car,bike was still broke.good time,cool bikes ,great folks.didn't make all the rounds to meet everyone,next time.have a safe trip home.Ray.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users