26 replies to this topic

#1 johnR

johnR

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Well folks, I met with Jimmy Bass that is in charge of running Ole Gillim Mill. This guy is great and is doing everything he can to make our rally great!! He is going to ensure we have a good bon fire area, drinking is fine (we just need to keep the "big boys" rules in effect), allowed us use of all areas (even a nice field for reindeer games ), pets are welcomed, and he knows some folks ride with weapons (just please don't discharge any guns at the site ), there is a shower/bath house, a screened in kitchen with prep area, and we are allowed to even fish at the pond. This thread is to explain the rally to the new folks, get a running list of folks that plan on showing up, get a list of things folks will need when they get here, and list things that folks can bring if they are able.
The CRAP rally started for Ural and Dnepr owners to get together for the weekend. It has always been about the rigs, people, and food. Those that live close by and those trailering in provide food and any items those riding in would need. We don't do this for anyone to make any money, but make it as inexpensive as possible while still having good folks, food, drink, and rigs. We do ask that those camping donate to help pay for the site. It does pain me to say that we will ask those camping to donate $15 per tent site for the weekend. Others that want to donate a little can as well. But don't let any cost keep you from coming-you get here and we'll take care of ya!! This is the most we have ever asked for, but to have a place that we can do what we want, it does cost more. We have had it every year at Jordan Lake, NC, but have found last year that some of the things we wanted to do were frowned upon.... . This year it will be held at Ole Gillim Mill http://olegilliammill.org/ on May 3-5, 2013 (unless the poll changes over the next couple of weeks). So, let me know who is coming and number of folks coming with you. For anyone riding in, let us know what we could have ready for you when you get here (especiality any speciality needs). The following items are needed for those that can bring them:
Cases of water
Charcoal
Bon Fire Wood
Different kinds of fruit
Ice, Ice, Ice
Any covered dishes
Sodas
Anything else you can think of....
Now lets get this done!!!!!!!
John

#2 digitalebola

digitalebola

Russian Bike Nut

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for keeping us up to date!  I am going to make it to one of these one day.

#3 johnR

johnR

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Well, if you can, come on to this one.....it is coming together pretty good.

#4 digitalebola

digitalebola

Russian Bike Nut

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

The wife's grandma lives in Southern Pines. If I can get time off we could trailer the bike to there and she could keep the car to see grandma and I could take the bike and go camping!

#5 johnR

johnR

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Well, a trip to grandma's house seems to be in order.  Heck, I can have a tent set up for ya!!  And beleive me, you will eat well.
John

#6 Terry Crawford

Terry Crawford

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:Ural dealer located in southeast Michigan

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

I won't be able to make it, maybe someday. Give me an address and I will get doors prizes down to you.
Crawford Sales Co. in Michigan
Terry Crawford
Becky Blosser - Web Master
248-437-8107

Crawford Sales Company

crawfordsales@sbcglobal.net

#7 johnR

johnR

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

Terry, thanks for the offer and I'll send you an address.  I will ensure that all know where the prizes come from.  I do, however, look forward to you making it to the rally one day-you won't regret it!!
John

#8 teg

teg

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

FWIW:  Might want to back off on having people bring fire wood.  Due to some infestations, most camp grounds/RV parks require only local fire wood to prevent the spread of tree diseases.
Terry
2011 Retro

#9 johnR

johnR

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

Teg, I got what your are saying.  The only folks that bring wood are those who live around here and can bring it easily.  We don't expect (or even ask) anyone that does not live real close to bring things like that.  I normally bring a truck load and tubarick normally brings quite a bit.  I cut the dead fall and dead trees throughout the year on my property and bring it.  Because this is even closer to my house-I can make a couple of trips if necessary.  It is good to bring things like that up.  You coming this year??  WV ain't too far!!
John

#10 teg

teg

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

View PostjohnR, on 21 January 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

You coming this year??  WV ain't too far!!
John

I'm going to try real hard to be there.  I'll probably whimp out and tow down tho.  Most any date is fine with me since I'm retired.  Just have to work around my wife's travel and work plans.  We have a long motorhome trip to Canada planned - haven't looked at her schedule yet.
Terry
2011 Retro

#11 johnR

johnR

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Well come on down.  There is no shame in a trailer......we can hide the trailer-no one has to know!!  Seriously, many do trailer the rigs down/up with no conerns.  It is about the rigs, food, and people.  We really do have a good time and this site will be great.
John

#12 digitalebola

digitalebola

Russian Bike Nut

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

Are we still go for May 3-5?

J

#13 BigJames

BigJames

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, sidecars

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

That's the last I heard. Great rally!
2011 Ural Retro
1995/1979 Bural  Sportsman/R100
1988 HD FLHS/Watsonian Cambridge
1951 Servicar

1976 BMW R90/6 Motorvation Royale (Sold Aug 18, 2014)

#14 guzzidude

guzzidude

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Cars, motos, anything greasy. MGB GT.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Will try to stay Friday night and a little Saturday. Rowan's 1st Birthday is Sunday, so I gotta be there for that. Sorry All. :blush2:
MT11 - VFR. R.I.P.- BMW R100GS, R50/5, CB550SS, VStar1100, TS400, V11Sport, TR6/Bonnie, KLX650, GSXR600, etc.

#15 johnR

johnR

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

View Postdigitalebola, on 08 February 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

Are we still go for May 3-5?

J
Yes, it is a go.  I have already put the deposit on Old Gilliam Mill.  It is going to be a hoot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users