Hey Mole, good to see you here!

#62 Mole HD

Mole HD

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Hey dude, likewise. The Cossack Owners club forum is very quiet at the moment... just looking for live bodies, lol
My scars only remind me where I've been.... they don't dictate where I'm going.

#63 dneprlover

dneprlover

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostMole HD, on 13 October 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

Hey dude, likewise. The Cossack Owners club forum is very quiet at the moment... just looking for live bodies, lol

Didn't know the Cossack owners Club had a forum?

#64 ourmaninshanghai

ourmaninshanghai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

^ I think mole is talking about http://www.russianbi...nbike.co.uk  I don't think it is anything to do with the club?), it's a UK forum - interesting but even quieter than here! :)

#65 Mole HD

Mole HD

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

It's the official forum of the Cossack Owners Club... I found it online and joined the club from the website...
It's very, very quiet on there though with only a few posts per month as far as I can work out.

I'm a bit disappointed with the UK Cossack owners club TBH... registration isn't cheap and I've yet to discover what the fee is actually for... apart from a monthly newsletter via email and a small Owners club patch.  They seem to lose members at a steady rate, hardly surprising after what I've seen so far. A sparsely populated forum and a few PDF files of manuals you can find with a half decent rummage around the internet.... not really awe inspiring, is it?

http://www.russianbike.co.uk/index.php

#66 dneprlover

dneprlover

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

It's a private forum run by Kev Alexander, nothing to do with the COC, why do you say it's their official forum?

#67 Yonkee

Yonkee

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:29 PM

I just uploaded some new pictures of my M70 and my custom helmet in my album, if interested ... have a look see

#68 Mole HD

Mole HD

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

View Postdneprlover, on 14 October 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

It's a private forum run by Kev Alexander, nothing to do with the COC, why do you say it's their official forum?

Apologies, I was under the impression it was :blush2:  As you've guessed I'm fairly new to the Russian bike scene, I'll give it time and see how it pans out with the club and forum.
I run a busy ex forces bikers forum and I'm spoiled by having regular input and comment I suppose. There's a couple of us from that forum now with Dnepr/Ural units so once we get around a bit to meets etc it may change :cool:

#69 Truxx1956

Truxx1956

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

Howdy from KY. I posted in the wrong place. (sorry) I saw this after I already posted. Please take time to read my other post and help me if you can. Thank you

#70 maverik8386

maverik8386

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

Hello!

My name is Adrian, I'm from a town called Timisoara, which is in Romania and i recently bought my first bike, which surprised the hell out of my friends when they saw that i bought a 1993 Izh (IJ) Planeta 5.
Attached File  Photo0008.jpg   205.32K   8 downloads

Bike's really good, apart from a few issues with an alternator relay (waiting on the part to get here), the bike's pretty solid. Can't wait for the weather to warm up and i can get riding.

Anyway, happy to be here and hoping to learn a few things from the people in here.

#71 tarawa

tarawa

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:11 AM

Hi guys,
My name is George and  I have been an avid collector of "things" all my life and my hobbies are always changing.  I love mechanics and have been  involved with antique engines and tractors for a long while.  I also have a love with machine tools, militaria, just about any "old iron" and fiddles.  Although my hobby interests have had its peaks and valleys, the subject matter seems to be based around old iron, either riding, running or shooting it!  The South florida tractor scene is large, but seasonal and winter brings many great meets. I have always wanted a means to scoot around the large meets so I have massed a small collection of motor and mini bikes.  I have a tractor buddy that went bike crazy when he first saw on of the two stroke "ebay" motorbike engines that I put on an old bicycle.  The next thing I know he had caught the motorbike bug and never looked back.  He first started with vintage Hondas, then moved on to Triumphs.  He told me about all the local vintage get togethers he goes to and said that I should get a "vintage" bike to join him. So i started looking for a non-Japanese bike to tinker with.  He then told me about his friend that was selling a Ural.  I never persued one and have only seen another friend's Dnepr that has been sitting in his garage since he received it in a crate via an EBAY purchase years ago.  It still isn't running.  His friend's Ural was sold before i could look at it but now my interest is spurred and am actively looking for an older Ural.  Hopefully I will find one soon enough and cheap enough.  I have been recently retired early due to to a company downsizing, so I need a new hobby!

#72 akumabito

akumabito

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

New guy here! *waves*

I actually registered quite some time ago, but spend way too long lurking. I've always liked these old Russian beasts, but I've never really had a reason/excuse to own one other than "I just want one". The birth of my son gave me a great excuse to revive my interest in these sidecar rigs. I am now considering trading in my Japanese bike for some Russian heavy metal.

The coming months I'll be checking out some MT-16's. meanwhile, I'm gathering some info. If I do go down this path, I'll need to do some serious mods. For starters, an engine swap is pretty much a must to keep up with the rest of the family at highway speeds. I don't need a speed demon, but it would be nice to be able to cruise at 65/70mph for extended periods.

Anyhow, I'll be around! (probably askinbg a whole lot of 'dumb' quesitons...)

#73 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

View Postakumabito, on 09 February 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

New guy here! *waves*
[snip]
The coming months I'll be checking out some MT-16's. meanwhile, I'm gathering some info. If I do go down this path, I'll need to do some serious mods. For starters, an engine swap is pretty much a must to keep up with the rest of the family at highway speeds. I don't need a speed demon, but it would be nice to be able to cruise at 65/70mph for extended periods.

Anyhow, I'll be around! (probably askinbg a whole lot of 'dumb' quesitons...)

Welcome!
No questions are dumb.  Ask away.

As for cruising speeds, a new Ural will definitely do 65-70 mph all day long, and reliably. Especially the new fuel-injected engines. (I've ridden one.)  Better mileage now, too.   Our Family's 3 carbed Urals all cruise at those speeds, although above 60 mph can take a toll on my aging shoulders!  The 2014 Urals have a different steering damper set up that takes noticeably less body effort at higher speeds, when hauling a sidecar.  Food for thought.

Older Dneprs and Urals ... Well 65-70 mph is asking a bit much, unless serious engine/running gear improvements/modifications have been made.  
Other Folks here can definitely add to this discussion.

Whatever you get, it'l be FUN!
~RN

#74 Snake Charmer

Snake Charmer

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

Hi all, Ural and Dnepr fan here from Vancouver.
I've always been a big fan of Soviet-era engineering. I've got Soviet firearms and watches and want to enrich my collection with a motorcycle.

#75 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

View PostSnake Charmer, on 11 February 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

Hi all, Ural and Dnepr fan here from Vancouver.
I've always been a big fan of Soviet-era engineering. I've got Soviet firearms and watches and want to enrich my collection with a motorcycle.
Join the Club!  
We also have a collection of Russian rifles, plus Urals.  
'Makes heading out for some high-powered plinking lots of fun, with the sidecar rigs.
~RN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users