• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#46 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

Welcome to this Sidecar World.
I look forward to your ride reports and photos.
Ride Safe.
~RN

#47 Spiritwalker

Spiritwalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

My name is Ted and I live in Mitchell, SD. I bought my 2013 Ural Gear-Up in Spearfish on 5 July this year after bugging my wife about getting a bike for the past 27 years.

I first learn of Urals when I was looking on E-bay Motors and came across a Retro model. I showed it to my wife, who absolutely will not ride on two wheels, and she said she wouldn't have any problem riding in a hack. After much research and snooping around I found a dealership in Spearfish and made my purchase.

#48 Bilge Keel Dave

Bilge Keel Dave

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts
  • Interests:Beautiful Wife, Beer, Bikes, Boats, Books, British Cars.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Did you get a retro?

Post pictures, We like pictures!

Dave
RAMCO Dnepr MT-16

#49 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

Welcome!  Yes, pictures, please.
~RN

#50 Spiritwalker

Spiritwalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

No, I didn't get a Retro but rather the GU. I got it mostly because it fits my personality. I tried loading some pictures yesterday without any success. The files were too large. Any suggestions? Thanks.

#51 swoody126

swoody126

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:06 AM

she said she only needed a place to stay for 1 night

now, it looks like she's moved in

my, new to me, 2008 GEAR UP has taken up residence in the barn in north central Texas

as i get older, the concept of a TRAINING WHEEL became more & more inticing

little did i know how SPORTY the ride could be

as for me, i've been riding for MANY years, chalking up way over 300,000 2-wheeled miles on tarmac & an un-told number of 2-wheeled miles on dirt

commuted, toured, camped, competed & just WANDERED around, to keep my mind in proper working order

had or ridden some of just about every style of 2-wheeled conveyance

been the victim of cager's mindless indiscretions, on more than 1 occasion

done my own wrenching & paid wrenches, when i was too tired or lazy to do my own

still involved in dirt riding, w/ the grandson

still touring

still camping

still chalking up 10,000± miles/year, for pleasure

no longer commuting, i'm retyred

@ 65yoa, i'm happy to be able to enjoy each day and be able to choose to ride or knot, depending on my mood

the HACK should provide me w/ some new experiences and will surely assist me in meeting new friends(like the gaggle @ every fuel stop...)

i welcome RUSSIAN IRON into my world

sw

Attached Files

#52 Spiritwalker

Spiritwalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:59 PM

Finally, I figured out how to do this. Now that I know how to resize my pictures, I will definitely be posting more as time goes on.

Let me introduce my bike, "Natasha." She is a 2013 Gear Up and the only mod I have made is to add a windscreen to the hack for my wife's benefit. At this point I have no plans to modify anything else.Attached File  100_3845.JPG   75.3K   14 downloads

#53 triumphgibbo

triumphgibbo

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:bikes, triumphs, art, music, body modification, bushcraft and camping.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

hallo chaps and chapesses!

Ive recently bought a 1981 dnepr 650 with a right hand side car. these were illegal on this side in the UK a few months after my bike was registered.
Its run well, then the points burnt out, but i have replaced coil to twin output for wasted spark, as dizzy was corroded and t saves a lot of hassle.
Ive also put a single saddle on, sprayed the tank sahara sand (but will be changing to classic silver look), have put spedway tyres on, got rid of the speedo binnacle, put a lucas headlamp shell on and done a black and white plate for the back, as well as making up a front number plate too. BUSY!!!

I am 60 miles awya form the only ural importr in UK, so spars are goodto get.

hope to learn alot from you all.

Sam
Christ these things handle like poop.... glittery good poop though.

#54 mrbooman

mrbooman

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:46 AM

Howdy.

My name is Aaron  but nicknamed Boo. Im in Upstate N Y. USA. In the Adirondack Mts.

Retired for years from Hydro Electric Industry
Im mostly disabled now but sometimes I gather myself together and can take a short spin.

I have had many hardtail British bikes in the past. Then came the big heavy harley FLHT and others. They
got heavy for my legs when it got time to back up.

Couple years ago i bought a Dnepr side car bike (without sidecar ) off ebay from a fellow in Ohio. After a year and help from a Dnepr forum we got it updated and usable. I could not ride it solo as the front forks were the reverse type for a sidecar.

I now have a New oldstock Ural 750 Wolf Solo. I have 300 miles on it. Been tickeling the carbs trying to get low end without having to run chokes. Here is a picture of Wolfee that i took on 9/19/13.
Cheers
Boo'

#55 Spiritwalker

Spiritwalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

Saw a nice dark blue Ural Patrol on N. Kimball Ave in Mitchell, SD today. I am wondering if the owner is local. If you are local, please PM me as I am trying to find other Ural riders in my area. Thanks. BTW, beautiful bike. What year is it?

#56 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

View Postmrbooman, on 20 September 2013 - 06:46 AM, said:

Howdy.

My name is Aaron  but nicknamed Boo. Im in Upstate N Y. USA. In the Adirondack Mts.

Retired for years from Hydro Electric Industry
Im mostly disabled now but sometimes I gather myself together and can take a short spin.

I have had many hardtail British bikes in the past. Then came the big heavy harley FLHT and others. They
got heavy for my legs when it got time to back up.

Couple years ago i bought a Dnepr side car bike (without sidecar ) off ebay from a fellow in Ohio. After a year and help from a Dnepr forum we got it updated and usable. I could not ride it solo as the front forks were the reverse type for a sidecar.

I now have a New oldstock Ural 750 Wolf Solo. I have 300 miles on it. Been tickeling the carbs trying to get low end without having to run chokes. Here is a picture of Wolfee that i took on 9/19/13.
Cheers
Boo'

Boo:
Congrats on the Wolf.  My 2003 Wolf remains a joy to ride.  Truly a Road Sofa for my long bod.

One change I made: I had the reverse gear installed in the stock transmission!
Backing up has been a whole new entertainment for me since then.  'No fear of parking nose down.

Keep us posted.
~RN

#57 Yonkee

Yonkee

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

Hi All

My name is Yonkee, from U.S.A ..PA. Just became a member and glad to join fellow
sidecar drivers. I just purchased my 2013 Ural M70 8/10/13 [first sidecar] and am enjoying it. I did some changes to it, being a ex-Marine [Force Recon 67-69 Vietnam]
I transformed my Ural into a U.S. military. And it came out very nice .. indeed.

I have added 2 extra fuel canisters to the rear of the sidecar [both sides], chin guards, and hand shifter w/reverse, am still waiting for the shovel to mount. I had
U.S. decals made for it and added a shark mouth to the front sides of the sidecar
and numbers to the sidecar fender [frt & rear], stars on side of fuel tank, U.S. on
the side storage box, U.S. MARINES in sidecar sides just in front of sidecar cover
[vertical] and as a personal touch I added my Sgt. stripes to the front and rear fenders. I also got a camo half helmet and added my brothers and my dog tags [by Military Graphics] to the sides of the helmet [will post pic's later].

The Armed Forces here really like what I have done [as well as I] and are quite impressed with it. In fact The National Guard here asked me to come and enter it in a car and bike show they were sponsoring. I did and ... got 1st place, how's that for a first show. I 'am very pleased .. indeed.

I have a few more pic's w/NG and Marine which I will post when I take pic's oh the helmet [shortly]. I also started a album here with some pic's already, keep a eye out for more and if ya want ... leave a comment. Thanks

Here are a few Pic's of my U.S. M70 [these are in my album BTW

Attached Files

#58 Mole HD

Mole HD

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

Hey ho folks, the name is Mole, retired and disabled Army veteran of 27 years service after some mild excitement in foreign climes left me a tad broken in 2002.
I'm in North East Scotland. So far North and East it's almost Norway... recently bought a 2005 Ural Dalesman after getting rid of my 15 year old Harley... epic stuff, loving it :cool:
Sadly... the red paint ain't lasting long... too long military for it not to be cam painted :ninja:

Loving life at the moment... seemingly I died a couple of times during a year in a coma, not that I noticed mind you. Got back on my old Harley after 6 years in a wheelchair but found my old pinned and busted legs were struggling to hold it up. Hence the Russian steel. It's been one of the best decisions I've ever made so far, just wish I had got one 20 years ago...
The memsah'b and I have been with bikes for the whole 25 years we've been together and the new adventure wild camping in the sticks on the Ural suits us just fine. She's strictly pillion mind, so I guess she's just grown to trust me a bit :huh2:

Looking forward to finding out how to post thumbnails on here... Damn... but those pics are big :laugh:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
My scars only remind me where I've been.... they don't dictate where I'm going.

#59 mrbooman

mrbooman

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

Howdy Mole..
Nice rig, I need 3 wheels to.

Happy trails

#60 Mole HD

Mole HD

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys, doing a bit of wrenching now to get the rig ready for winter in between runs out along the coast roads round here... I'm loving the prices of spares and stuff, unlike the Harley I don't need to remortgage to get a set of gaskets :smile:
My scars only remind me where I've been.... they don't dictate where I'm going.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users