• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#136 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:47 AM

Pavel:
Welcome to the Forum.
In our mid-60s age-wise, we have two motorcycles: A Ural Wolf (2003) and A Retro+sidecar (2007).
Both provide satisfying riding for my wife and I.
'Wouldn't have it any other way.

Our Urals have required very little "tinkering" and remain solid rides. Just standard servicing and inspections, and lots of riding.
I hope you enjoy similar experiences.
Share them here!
~RN

#137 Kusch1967

Kusch1967

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:14 AM

Hello,
My name is Brian and I currently don't own any bikes. I have been living in Central Asia for the past 2 1/2 years. I had a dirt bike in the past but have not owned a street bike. I recently went to a small bike show here and saw some of the old Russian bikes. Several were for sale.  I looked a 1951 M1A, 1952 EJ 49 and a 1958 K750.  All these bikes were for sale but I was wondering if anyone knew what would be a good price for theses bike. They were all in good shape and ran. I would like to buy them in a package deal if possible and ship them back to the states. Photos of bikes are attached. I have tried to upload pictures but it keeps telling me file are to big. Any feed back would be a big help.

Brian

#138 uralrider

uralrider

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:08 AM

I am sorta new to the forum, been lurking for the past 10 years since I joined. I am a defense contractor, I have owned many urals over the years, mostly frankenbikes. I have enjoyed everyone of them. Due to work and family I have not been involved or even owned a Ural in many years but that is about to change. I am surprised how much they have gone up in price since I last looked at one. I just started watching the usual places for one, Fleabay, CL, the boards here and if anyone has any suggestions on where to find one please let me know. I am looking for a project bike. I intend to tear it down and rebuild it.

#139 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 05 November 2017 - 10:25 AM

Welcome back to Urals, uralrider.
I trust you will find your project bike, and get back to The Fun.
Yes, new Urals are pricey now. At least their technologies and material/manufacturing quality are a modern match for that price.  
Pretty much twist-and-go capable now.  Times change, always.
Ride Safe.
~RN

#140 Vance Blosser

Vance Blosser

Russian Bike Nut

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Interests:Good Science Fiction. Doing maintenance on older vehicles. Riding the Ural. Unusual vehicles.

Posted 05 November 2017 - 07:00 PM

The reason Urals used to be so cheap was that everything to make them was already paid for, many times over. It was also worn out which led to tolerance issues that caused numerous problems. Additionally the factory was limited in the choice of materials under the old system so things like soft steel, stripping bolts, etc. were also part of the package.

As they have identified the problems and corrected them, each item came with a price. Things like good fasteners, etc. won't elevate the price much, but things like true rims, hardened gears, stainless steel, fuel injection, disc brakes, modern switchgear, hydraulic dampers, and on and on have crept the price up considerably. But the oil leaks are pretty much gone and as Russ says they are almost gas and go now. So you get what you pay for. And low production volume will also keep prices up. I don't think the changes have been easy and I'm surprised they have navigated the issues of keeping the charm and durability while improving the bike. It's a miracle they have done so well with the limited resources they have.

#141 m mccray

m mccray

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:most anything with a motor.

Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:47 PM

Hey Autimies, don,t worry. Most of the people born in the USA can,t hardly speak english.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users