#106 whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:03 PM

Sharp looking bikes!
"It’s the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory."
Gen. George Patton

'94 Dnepr MT-16 no longer in bits n pieces!!!

#107 Tlingit-Ride

Tlingit-Ride

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles hiking boating

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:50 AM

Hi my name is Fred
I have a 2012 Ural Gearup I got for free from a friend with a blown engine it was ran out of oil and is seized. I'm replacing it with a DNEPR engine I believe A DNEPR 11. Does anyone know where I can get a manual in English for this engine or a flywheel and nut to hold it on I know I am prolly going backwards putting a older engine in a newer bike but it's all I have to work with plus funds are low were moving to Alaska in the Bush this bike would be perfect for that . Both my wife and I ride I have scooters a Suzuki GV1400 and Yamaha xs850 and a xs750 last but not least a shovel head .      Attached File  image.jpg   85.06K   7 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   79.46K   8 downloads

#108 racepres

racepres

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:22 AM

Never heard of going in that direction...
If you own a shovel for very long, you should have no problems with Dnepr tho.
May have to fabricate what ya need!

#109 Tlingit-Ride

Tlingit-Ride

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles hiking boating

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:05 AM

Has anyone ever delt with Arbalet in the Ukraine for parts they seem to have a good salection online. It just kinda worrisome the relationship between country's right now. They pretty much have everything I need to get my engine running. Also is there a adapter for a denso alternator on a DNEPR engine or should I go with a 12 v generator . The DEPNR engine reminds me of a Volkswagen engine.
Work on lots of them when I was a kid VW Bug was my first car

#110 whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:06 PM

Try here for the manuals and tons of info on his site=
http://cvkustoms.com...le_Manuals.html

Check out old timergarage.eu, ural-zentral, moto-boxer and Ken(member on this site)
"It’s the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory."
Gen. George Patton

'94 Dnepr MT-16 no longer in bits n pieces!!!

#111 Mose

Mose

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:51 AM

I've been lurking for a while. I've had a long-time fascination with automotive matters. I've been in the EV scene, and keep having close calls with dailying a Porsche 914. I've long wanted to get into somewhat adventuresome trips on long weekends and vacations. I have a Deal's Gap trip this fall nearly locked in. My latest interests are the Dalton Highway across north central Alaska and the White Rim Road near Moab.

To this end, was looking into building up a series 100 Land Cruiser or LX 470 for overland travel.

Oh, and my wife and I love dogs.

About a month ago, in want of something to watch, we finally took time to enjoy the movie Sit, Stay, Ride. Watching documentary on dogs and owners who love sidecars, I was reminded of the Ural sidecar rigs I'd seen reviewed elsewhere on the internet. Two-wheel drive, I remembered. My wife thought the whole thing was adorable, and liked the idea of spending time with our border collie this way.

Well, that started the gears turning. I found YouTube video of sidecars around Moab. The Dalton can be managed by ordinary cars, so enough gear and "fluid containers" should make it doable.

Then I started looking into how much utility was present. Some folks, who don't have or don't care about their warranty, are pulling trailers. I imagined delivering my recycling, or even running work trips on the Ural.

There are challenges. I don't have covered parking, though I can arrange for a cover and for at least fenced parking.

Since visiting the Harley-Davidson museum in Milwaukee last winter, I've been getting calls from the local Harley dealership. Would I like to come take their motorcycle licensing course, they ask. Near-term, I'm going to take the course. I know the dynamics are completely different on a motorcycle, and I have fairly low interest in owning a motorcycle, but taking the course makes the license easy, and having the license means I can legally drive a sidecar. Longer term, if the Ural is the mount of choice, I mean to attend a sidecar-specific course either immediately before or after buying the rig.

#112 Vishnevsky

Vishnevsky

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Military history and vintage rides, motor bikes (love the vintage look), my hounds and my shootin' irons!

Military history specialty: WWII (GPW), Eastern Front.

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:58 PM

Not new to bikes but new to this one...'01 Ural Patrol.  I'm going to keep it simple and take it back to a retro look, lights, paint - olive drab, ride it out to my military history events.  No, it's not a WWII era bike but as close as I am going to get for the time being.  I'm into sidecars and military bikes, and vintage vehicles in general.  Love anything vintage, military or otherwise.

Yep, my hobbies vary but military history (WWII period) when my dad and uncles all served is my area of main interest and participation.  Having served for 14 years myself well, this hobby is the last thing I thought I'd getting involved in.  I do have other plans for the bike besides my hobby like rides out to the lake with my wife and hounds, and spending some together time with my kids.

Having been a wrench bender in the past and reading some of the posts on these forums, sounds like I will be busy tinkering a lot on this bike.  Hope I spend more time riding than tinkering.  My past experience with bikes has been motocross and hill climbs, some leisure riding, and work around the farm.  Just hope bike is "Strong Like Bull!"  Spent sometime as a track marshal out at Wanneroo Raceway, Western Australia back in the late '80's.  My boss used to race sidecars.  Got me interested in that.  Crazy stuff running with your body and face inches from the ground!  Gibbs and Bond had brass ones, mate!

I'm in SE Pennsylvania, USA, if anyone is near enough to want to get together to ride, drink, or bend a wrench.

#113 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:32 AM

Vishnevsky:
Does your 01 Patrol have a 650cc or 750cc engine? That was a transition time for the us importer, Classic Motorcycles and Sidecars, Inc.
If 650cc, be aware that there were crankshaft breakage problems with those in the US, probably due to the faster running speeds.
The 750cc engines utilize a simpler and more robust crank shaft that seems to have eliminated the problem encountered in the 650s.
Ride safe and please keep us informed (and entertained.)
~RN

#114 tgellen

tgellen

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:33 AM

Hi, y'all can call me TJ.

Brand new to bikes and to Urals

I bought this beauty on the internet sight unseen (other than pics on a website), no regrets whatsoever.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#115 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:14 AM

Sweet looking machine, and well accessorized!
Judging by the rock under the rear wheel, is it fair to think that your parking brake requires adjustment?
If yes, it's dirt simple, and might take you all of 30 seconds to do.
Ride Safe,
~RN

#116 racepres

racepres

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:12 PM

^^ Agree...but...Remember put a Tag on the Bars I f you have to...I have forgotten to take the Brake Off!!!!!
Something [the parking brake] that I ain't used to...

#117 sunstroke

sunstroke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Oldtimers, cars and bikes

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:23 AM

Hey,

My name is Wim and I recently joined. I come from Netherlands Rotterdam area.
I have several motorcycles, but a Dnepr K750 to ride with my daughter. She is six years old.
I will add some pictures later, because it is not working now ... :(

#118 sunstroke

sunstroke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:29 PM

as promised, a few photos of my motorcycle

Attached Files

#119 racepres

racepres

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:12 PM

I like it..But, Even a Dnepr may outrun the headlight aimed like that!!

#120 sunstroke

sunstroke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:02 AM

I wish that the Dnepr would go quickly . currently I have pressure cookers instead of carburetors .......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users