3 replies to this topic

#1 skybolt46

skybolt46

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

I have several photos that I would like to share but cant seem to get them down loaded to here. 1 of interest I beleive is picture my 2012 gear-up parked next to a ME 262 German WW 2 jet, any help ? PeteAttached File  !cid__1005121710a.jpg   110.63K   32 downloads

#2 digitalebola

digitalebola

Russian Bike Nut

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

That is an awesome picture!!!!  Have you tried using the Gallery?  Click the Gallery link close to the top of the page. There will be an upload button in the Gallery.  You can make a new album of your own!

#3 sallen

sallen

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Interests:My G S Dogs
    Ford T Speedsters
    Dneprs and Urals
    Friends and Food

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Skybolt,
Wwhere is the ME262? I got to work on and fire up an engine off of a 262 when I got my A&P certificate, it's a Jumo 004. One of the interesting things on the engine is the nose cone on the shaft moves in and out depending on the fuel flow, more flow means higher speed and the cone moves out to keep the intake air under mach for a constant smooth flow

#4 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

I see a "Desert Aviation" sign on the hanger behind the 262.  Might be Texas?

Since that 262 appears to be a two-place model, it's probably one of the batch of 5(?) of new 262s manufactured at the heritage aviation operation at Paine Field, in Everett, Washington. I believe that only one had a two-place cockpit.

I read that a 262 was borrowed from the Naval Aviation Museum (Florida?) for replication, possibly in exchange for the restoration of that original plane.  The project was completed as noted in Everett.  We have occasionally seen a 262 in the air in the Seattle region; probably test flights.  I am sure that some internet research will reveal the full (and correct) story.

We still often see Urals around the Puget Sound.  A fun place to live.
Ride Russian...
--Russ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users