I love Google Translate :)Here is original link with photos - http://1s1s1s.eto-ya.com/2011/02/19/4/
Armored cars and shops were the basis for creating the base of the Kiev Motorcycle Plant.
In 1932, in buildings and industrial plant located Tank-Automotive Shops Kiev Military District. In this collective work, many friends, which is currently working at the Kiev Motorcycle Plant.
At the beginning of the Great Patriotic War in July 1941, the 8th Tank-Automotive repair facility was evacuated to the rear of the country, first in Kharkov, and then in Kazan with all personnel and equipment.
In November 1941 the 8th Tank-Automotive repair facility reorganized in the 8th Armoured plant. After the liberation of Kiev from the German fascist invaders, at the end of 1943 the 8th Armoured Repair Plant was evacuated by all personnel and equipments to its territory in the city of Kiev, where he continued to repair military equipment for the front. With the end of the war eliminated the need for a massive overhaul, military equipment.
According to the Decree of People's Commissars of the USSR - 2435-635S from 21.09. '45 And the order of the People's Commissar of Medium Machine Building of USSR, № 362 / d from 26,09,45 city, on the basis of the former armored repair plant number 8 was organized by the Kiev Motorcycle Plant.
From the earliest days of the peaceful life of the Kiev motorcycle factory team began development of technology for the production of motorcycle K-1B "Kyivlyanyn." Since 1946, this machine comes with an engine manufactured by another company, and since 1947, the plant has developed and begun mass production bikes K-1B engine of its own production capacity of 2.2 HP speed bike 50 km / h.
At the end of 1946, work began on construction of three-wheeled motorcycle to a B-1B manual for invalids of Great Patriotic War. The team of designers in conjunction with engineering and technical personnel of shop № 3 comrades Mangedem IJ, Mazurkiewicz, GG, Legashovym ID created the design, convenient and reliable in operation for people who lost in the struggle for freedom and independence of our country the ability to move independently.
Serial production of motorcycles to the B-1B began in 1947. In the same period based on a motorcycle, the K-1B plant produces a small series of a series of cargo bikes K-1G model, designed to service the retail network, mail, and used as a means of interplant transportation enterprises. With the growing power of the company increases production standards, quality and quantity of manufactured motorcycles. Already in the 1951 release of two-wheeled motorcycles sostvlyal 14.4 thousand. per year, and tricycles to the B-1B for disabled World War II - 7.1 thousand pieces.
In the struggle for raising production standards in 1950, organized by the department №; used for the central metal cutting, all the production departments of the plant free from litter waste, dramatically improved the rhythm of the plant. The organizers of the workshop were blank Polonsky, M, MS, AL Kabaldin Kozachenko N. and others. The team works under the leadership of the party organization is systematically increasing its production
If in 1948 he worked in the forge with a swage board - 750 kg. then in 1954 worked in the forge hammer two steam - 1 ton and 2 tons., friction Hammer 1250 kg, horizontal forging machine 1/2 "and 4", friction press and other forging press equipment, and installed two hot-press with capacity 1600 tons in the organization of staff training and the creation of a large blacksmith shop contributed nach.tseha Conon AD Senior Master Shandrenko GN smith-puncher Nosenko, MS and others.
Since 1948, construction began on the foundry, which is to be commissioned in 1953. In subsequent years, the area of plant was doubled creating a number of additions, it has all the production sites. Improving foundry went on ways to improve the accuracy of the castings and the creation of threaded assembly lines. Since 1958, the shop is completely abandoned in the sand casting form and went to spetsvidy casting: the shell molds, investment casting, pressure and gravity die casting.
Factory CB department chief mechanic with the active participation of designers: YF Melnichenko, S. Fendel, "Lehto NB and others, a number of ingenious machines for the foundry, in particular, pneumatic machines for casting parts in the mold. The shop installed a number of flow lines and assembly lines, conveyors cast iron casting, chill casting conveyors, core area, forming part of. Obolochnogo casting. In the development of the foundry bolshoy.vklad have engineering and technical personnel and workers: Sidorenko, NM, Shchukovskaya IP, Rymar YY, Cieplak, AL, Bobrov, GK, KF Osochenko , Mireon PP, Golovan, N. and many others.
As a result of hard work all of the plant in 1952 in Kyiv City Committee Communist Party of Ukraine, Kyiv City Council deputies of workers and trade unions Kiev Oblasnoy Orvet engineering team assigned Kiev mottsikletnogo first factory in Kiev, the title of "Collective Enterprise Stakhanov labor.
In 1949 on the orders of the Minister of automobile and tractor industry in the USSR was liquidated Gorky motorcycle factory, and from there to Kiev Motorcycle Plant were about 100 people. experts, a set of technological equipment and missing equipment for production of heavy road bike M-72. Since 1950, the plant began to prepare for release of heavy road motorcycle M-72 .. Due to the lack of free space for installation of equipment for the new bike M-72, the plant chose the path of transition to a new machine by creating a rolling stock of engines and transmission motorcycles, K-1B, in the amount of the annual plan. Since 1952. For the production of motorcycles-1B has been discontinued and bikes K-13 in the amount of b thousand pieces produced from a previously established reserve engine and transmission. The motor shop № 2 and № Shop N wheelchairs are exempt for the installation of equipment and mastering the production of engine and transmission M-72 motorcycles since 1952.
Motorcycle M-72 had a four-stroke two-cylinder engine with a displacement of 750 cm, the power of 22 hp at a speed of 85 km / h
In the 4th quarter of 1952 the plant produced 500 engines with gear boxes, change the M-72 and provided to address Glavmotoveloproma edition of 500 M-72 motorcycles from the vehicle-side, resulting in Irbit motorcycle factory. In the development and release of the first batch of engines and gearboxes variable transmission, especially distinguished comrades Dmitrikov 0.A., Mantulo PU, AI Lioerman Smoker SG Tseluyko DI, Elagin VP, Nikolaev, AS During the subsequent cooperation with Det Irbitsky motorcycle plant decreased as the development of parts and components of the vehicle-Kiev motorcycle factory.
In 1953, the plant increases production of M-72 motorcycles, and is preparing to release a new improved model, the M-53 motorcycle. Under the leadership of chief designer Konstantin Pozdnyakov and the leading designers of Comrades Thunder-Moznichevskogo D. and Sologub VS issued a transitional model of motorcycle M-72Ns new lever fork with hydraulic shock absorbers with aluminum alloy wheels and brake drums, reinforced spokes. At the same time were working on improving the frame for the introduction of new mud flaps, new seats, upgraded brakes, driveline, and modified main gear stopsignala. Were improved as the engine and the carriage. Due to this significantly improved the appearance and performance motorcycles, as well as the reliability of the vehicle-side nodes.
In 1956 the plant produced samples of the new road and sports cars K-750SM and M-53C, which received well-deserved recognition at the national, Union and international races. At the international races in the German Democratic Republic the factory master of sports athletes Comrades Kolpakov, AA, Boyko, D., Bratkovsky LE, their cars have won three gold medals and won first place in the team standings.
K-750. Issued in 1958-1967, respectively. Produced 101,126 vehicles.
As a result of hard work by all of the plant has developed a new model of motorcycle K-750, which is largely different from the model M-72N, and was more comfortable, powerful and reliable, Issue bikes K-750 was launched on the plant in 1958. The new machine has been eliminated significant shortcomings of the model M-72N: the chassis has been performed with hydraulic shock absorbers, body carriage mounted on rubber springs and hydraulic suspension, resulting in significantly improved softness. Engine power was increased to 26 hp. and fuel consumption is reduced to 1 liter per 100 kilometers. An interesting application of the drive wheel on the sidecar of K-750. providing increased cross bike that allowed him to successfully apply for special purposes. Because of the modernization carried out has increased significantly comfort and speed of the new bike.
A very important achievement was the unification of the factory team parts and components production motorcycle Kiev and Irbit motorcycle factories. This was of great importance for consumers to ensure their spare parts for motorcycles.
The result of all enterprises in 1964 "was a new, more perfect bike to the M-750, whose engine is more durable, as the rigidity of the heat treatment was reduced by 20-25 - With cooling by improving the cylinder heads and oil in the crankcase . Mechanism design has been improved include gear, which, in turn, increased the longevity of the gearbox. Lever fork front wheel was replaced with a telescopic, with a large stroke and dual hydraulic shock absorbers. The controls have also changed the bike: reel handle throttle control carburetor and clutch levers cutoffs and front brakes are more reliable and did not respond to fracture in the case of contact with an obstacle on the road while driving. As we know safety is largely dependent on the reliability of brakes. Designers are not left without attention this important question: to protect the inner cavity of the brake drum by entering a labyrinth seal in the adjacent parts.
Engine Design Bureau, headed by engineer N. Ovcharenko developed in 1960, the first samples of the overhead valve engine with a displacement of 650 cm.
In the process, the operation of the motorcycle K-750M found. that the most short-lived node in the engine assembly is a steel crankshaft and cast-iron cylinders, whose service does not exceed 20-25 thousand miles. In conjunction with the Department of foundry Kiev Polytechnic Institute in the years 1963-1966 was worked out the design of the crankshaft, cast in shell molds of ductile iron. The new crankshaft allow the engine to increase the service life of 1,000 hours of work performed and tests have shown that over 40 thousand kilometers wear motorcycle crankshaft journals practically absent.
Finding ways to increase service life led to a new progressive designers in mototsiklostroenii solutions: a brass crank mechanism was designed for plain bearings and lubrication system has been established, obespechevayuschaya high, oil purification, and were used bimetalicheskie cylinders with aluminum fins and a cast iron sleeve, connected difuzionnym way, the system nizhneklapannaya engine timing mechanism replaced the overhead.
On the eve of the 50th anniversary of Great October Socialist Revolution, the refinery produced the first commercial batch of bikes K-650 "Dnipro" with the overhead valve engine MT-8 working obemom.650 cm, power 32 l, p. for 5000 - 5200 rev / min. The maximum speed of the motorcycle with new engine has increased to 100 km / h.
A significant development was the plant in 1959 - 1965 years. Production of motorcycles in the seven years increased from 15.8 thousand to 26.3 thousand units per year. Due to the growth of production and introduction of new production facilities of the plant 5 times rewired the main assembly line - in 1946, 1954., 1959, 1973, 1982 without violating the chart output. In 1964, the refinery began production organization of the system of continuous operational and production planning, which was taken at the Novocherkassk Electric Locomotive Plant. Department heads Denisenko VF Meerzon PP, Conon AD, the beginning. PDB shops Derkach VA, Potemkin, NS, N. Sidorenko, collective production-control department under the direction of AI Trebushnogo took the lead in developing and implementing the system at the plant. Most of the preparatory work on the routes in detail the calculation done GAMES department chief technology officer and chief of metallurga.Esli in 1962-1963 it operated erratically, after the introduction of the system performance of the plant provided a rhythmic daily schedule. In order to exchange experiences on implementation of the factory system of continuous - operational-plant production planning nearly 300 delegations visited Kiev and other cities in the USSR. Was released book, "Continuous production planning," "The authors - factory workers: Budylin M. Trebushnoy AI, Alekseev A., Weissman, MA / Publisher Vneshtorgizdat. 1964 /. For their participation and experience ekspanirovanie Kiev motorcycle factory in the USSR Exhibition of Economic Achievements in implementation of the system operational and production planning were awarded: Silver Medal "Trebushnoy AI Bronze medals: Weissman MA <, Pletnev, MF, VL Derkach., BORISLAV A. T.
The acceleration of technological progress and an increase in production caused a rapid increase in the amount of information necessary for the management of modern enterprise. Overdue for a partial transfer of management functions of electronic computing machine in an automated system for planning and production management (CAM). For this plant, subject to large-scale production and about 3,500 motorcycle parts, the problem is the introduction of CAM was very important. At our factory in the operational planning of production is used conditionally complete system of continuous operational and production planning, the foundations of which were developed at the Novocherkassk Electric Locomotive Plant. For daily analysis of the staffing details of all the company departments necessary to carry out a large number of labor-intensive calculations in a very short time, so it was decided to use a computer to calculate the "Ural-4". Due to the increased volume of production has been tasked to create an automated production control system. And the factory was on the machine ES1020, 1022 (the latest model ES1065 produces 4.5 million transactions per minute.). Currently working on the machines ES1022-02 which provide up to 90 thousand transactions per second and are 3-4 generations of machines. The factory system ASL1 solves the problem for the 123 - subsystems (personnel, accounting, logistics, sales, operating expense, etc.). We also have a television goods TAL-2 (Hungary), fax machine number 800 (Denmark) transmit data daily Glavmotoveloprom, summing Iskra-108 machines, electronic keyboards EKVM machines, data preparation device for magnitnyh.lentah ES9002, 9004.
The organizers of the automated system of production planning and management at the plant were: Hecht PS Budilovokaya EE, Ivanov VA, Eromin AT ", etc, comrades.
For services in the socialist competition in honor of the 50th anniversary of the Great Socialist Revolution Kiev motorcycle factory team was awarded the Commemorative 3namenem CPSU Central Committee, the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, the All.
For the development of the design and introduction of the motorcycle K-650 "Dnepr", the Main Committee of the USSR Exhibition of Economic Achievements was awarded the Diploma of the plant the first degree, nine people were awarded medals of the exhibition, among them the Gold Medal - Mukhin, PV. Silver Medal - NA Ovcharenko , Bronze Medal - Berthold, AA, Kreshchenko IL, Kolpakov, AA, Kvasha IL, Meleksetov MK, Nosko VV Primachenko G.
MT-9. Produced 1971-1976, respectively. Produced 189,463 cars.
November 3, 1971 rolled off the bike 500 000 MT-9 "Dnepr". In 1974 the plant began to produce new-model motorcycle "Dnepr" MT-10. This machine differs from the previous new devices 12-volt equipment, AC generator power of 200 watts, providing new lighting equipment. Will be installed on a motorcycle headlamp such as "European-Ray." On a motorcycle will also be installed, a new modern tank artistic and aesthetic forms, dual seat-cushion and shock absorbers pruzhinvo-gidravdicheskie increased reliability and durability. It is assumed in the 1974 release of new motorcycles MT-10 "Dnieper" 30 thousand.
The plant has close ties with more than 20 research and engineering and technological institutes on joint implementation of research. development neobhodmyh for our company.