#1 Buck

Buck

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy riding my Patrol , and spending time with my family

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

On the other website ( SS ) there is a posting for a Ural Rally on the  Southern Oregon  coast.

Look under rides and rallies.. S.O.U.R

Southern Oregon Ural Rally from May 11 till the 15th at Bullards Beach State Park In Bandon.

I thought since we do not see many Ural Rallies in the Pacific North West that I would mention it here.
It looks like there will be a good attendance. It would be fun to see a large group of Russian sidecar rigs running around the Southern Oregon Coast.

I already have my campsite reserved..
Buck

#2 mowich

mowich

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Mountains, Breweries, Bikes, Guns, The Monkey "Julie"

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:18 AM

Buck, Maybe we should put together our own iron camp out? There are a lot of campgrounds up along the Cispus River. With paved roads and miles of dirt roads up around MT Adams.

#3 Buck

Buck

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

View Postmowich, on 27 February 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

Buck, Maybe we should put together our own iron camp out? There are a lot of campgrounds up along the Cispus River. With paved roads and miles of dirt roads up around MT Adams.

I agree , we have some great places to ride in Washington. I ride what I call the loop from , My place in Yacolt to Cougar then to EaglesCrest to Carson and then west on 14 to Vancouver then home . The nice thing about the ride is that there several ways to go , depending on the snow level.  I have not done any camping in this area only day rides. Camping alone sucks . I have not found anyone in the area that rides Russian Iron that wants to do weekend outings . Maybe the S.O.U.R will spark more interest and we may see more gatherings of Russian Iron this summer.

Take care
Buck

#4 mowich

mowich

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Mountains, Breweries, Bikes, Guns, The Monkey "Julie"

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

Thats sounds like a nice Loop I head into Carson From Randle then south along the east side of St Helens down to the Lewis River and Old Man Pass. Has the wind along the columbia knocked you around before?
Cheers

#5 Buck

Buck

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

I enjoy the ride up in the hills. From my place I have five different ways to get to Carsom . Three of the ways is about half and half for paved and gravel roads. My wife and I sometimes pack a lunch and literally head for the hills.  
I have not had any problems with the wind in the gorge. I am either tucked away on highway 14 on the Washington side , or I get on the old highway  30 on the Oregon side. There is a great little hamburger stand ( The Eastwinds ) in Cascade locks. We like to stop and get an icecream and lunch and ride down to the park and relax and eat. The Bridge of the Gods is a nice bridge for crossing over the Columbia.
I was starting to get ready for S.O.U.R. and my wife decides now she wants to go with. I think it's great . I won't be taking my little camper that I pull behind  my Patrol. Reason is
I will be bringing my two dogs with me. My little trailer is setup to change it's uses pretty easy. I will remove  the tent assembly and storage and mount my  dog kennel on the trailer.
It allows me to bring the dogs and haul my camping gear. My dogs , collectively weigh around 90 pounds.  It should be an interesting ride to Bandon.
I hope there is a good turn out at S.O.U.R.
Take care
Buck

#6 go.warcat

go.warcat

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Interests:Jeeps, backpacking, beer, camping, shooting, Urals!!!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

Hi Buck!  Hi Mowich!!

Thanks for the heads up. Guess I should log on here more than once a year, huh?   :unsure2:   Maybe we can set up some kind of WA Rally between us, huh?  I don't see why not!  There are enough of us here in WA!  I'm looking FWD: to the S.O.U.R. regardless if I have to go solo.  I asked one of my buddies if she wanted to fill the hack but I doubt it.  Hate to wish my time away but I wish it was May already!!
2009 Gear-Up Sahara
Name: WARCAT

#7 Buck

Buck

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

View PostTracer_Fire, on 29 February 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

Hi Buck!  Hi Mowich!!

Thanks for the heads up. Guess I should log on here more than once a year, huh?   :unsure2:   Maybe we can set up some kind of WA Rally between us, huh?  I don't see why not!  There are enough of us here in WA!  I'm looking FWD: to the S.O.U.R. regardless if I have to go solo.  I asked one of my buddies if she wanted to fill the hack but I doubt it.  Hate to wish my time away but I wish it was May already!!
Any time we can get together and ride , I am for it. Since I don't work anymore all I have to do is just make my doctor appointments.
Other than that and of course my honey do's . My schedule is pretty open.
S.O.U.R should be fun.
This week I need to do the service on my rig. TThen I can go plan in the snow.
Buck

#8 Marine by Choice

Marine by Choice

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, photography, traveling, guns

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

Planning to attend S.O.U.R.  Have reservations as the campground.  
Having a SW Washington get together in the spring or summer would be a kick.
Keith Birkhofer
Don't follow me.  I've got a full tank of gas, a pocketful of money, and I'm not afraid of getting lost.

#9 go.warcat

go.warcat

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

Hey Marine by Choice!  I live in Puyallup and will be headed down to S.O.U.R. early on morning of Friday May 11th.  I plan on meeting Buck near the Vancouver area and then we will head to Bullard Beach S.P. together.  Wanna join??  I can meet you then we can meet Buck together ...
2009 Gear-Up Sahara

#10 Marine by Choice

Marine by Choice

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

My wife and I are heading down on the 10th. Have reservations through the 16th at Bullards StTe Park.

Look forward to meeting you and everyone else.
Keith Birkhofer
Don't follow me.  I've got a full tank of gas, a pocketful of money, and I'm not afraid of getting lost.

#11 go.warcat

go.warcat

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

Well hell! Day late!   :feelssogood:   I'm going off of Buck's schedule.  Friday, May 11th - Tuesday, May 15th.  My husband was supposed to go w/me but he flaked (because of work).  Wish somebody had a company called Rent a Monkey! HAHAHAH!!!  See you there!!
2009 Gear-Up Sahara

#12 Marine by Choice

Marine by Choice

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

View PostTracer_Fire, on 01 March 2012 - 12:57 PM, said:

Well hell! Day late!   :feelssogood:   I'm going off of Buck's schedule.  Friday, May 11th - Tuesday, May 15th.  My husband was supposed to go w/me but he flaked (because of work).  Wish somebody had a company called Rent a Monkey! HAHAHAH!!!  See you there!!
That's funny!  Rent-A-Monkey. Maybe not a bad idea.
Keith Birkhofer

#13 go.warcat

go.warcat

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

I just posted this info on the Ural board.  I was surprised that it hadn't been posted yet.  Maybe we can pick up a few more over there ...
2009 Gear-Up Sahara

#14 Marine by Choice

Marine by Choice

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

I believe there are over 50 people so far. Should be a fun time!
Keith Birkhofer

#15 go.warcat

go.warcat

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

WOW!  Really?!  Totally AWESOME!!!!!!!  The biggest Ural event I was on was up north two springs ago.  I think there were 15 Urals total?  It was still pretty impressive.
2009 Gear-Up Sahara

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users