#16 Lang

Lang

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:28 PM

Well, the trip is over.

I appreciate the interest and nice comments from members of the forum. Despite all the advice and comments from various "experts" above we now have two containers full of Dnepr sidecars on the ship heading to Australia after doing around 5,000km through 11 countries.

We certainly had our problems in the beginning from poor preparation of the bikes by our builder in Ukraine but managed to overcome all our breakdowns and hold-ups. We lost 3 people (coincidently they were our 3 doctors)who found the trip not as easy as they expected. Two still went off on good running bikes which they disposed of locally and one donated his bike to the group to add to the parts stocks and we did use some of those bits. Everyone, including the 3 guys who went their own way, had a hell of a great adventure and after 6 weeks spirits were still very high. Quite a number wanted to keep going!

Constant repairs, minor mechanical problems and tinkering - absolutely! Comfortable, if slow, bikes to ride 150-300km just about every day for 6 weeks- yes. A great adventure for all and the trip of a lifetime for many of the riders - without question.

Would I ride around the world on a Dnepr - no. Am I looking forward to getting my bike to Australia to go on club runs - you bet!

Lang

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users