Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:55 PM

View Postberger, on 23 March 2011 - 06:34 AM, said:

The wife and I cannot make it. :angry:

Hey John!

I am back in!! I am going to trailer down with my wife, and I should be there Friday.
Berger

2007 Patrol
R75 exhaust
Modtop Airbox
138/45 Jets
Gossie Needles
CJ750 24L Tank/Karcoma Petcock
7/64 Drilled Carb Slide

#18 johnR

johnR

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:59 AM

View Postmjj, on 13 April 2011 - 05:17 PM, said:

The wife and I are looking forward to coming for the first time...have been attending SPITS since 2000. Was planning on taking my 2000 BC-10 but I'm in the middle of an unexpected transmission rebuild. Will ride the 09 V-Strom from Hartsville, SC instead. Will probably have to find a motel nearby...can someone recommend one and if you think we'll need a reservation
mjj,
Apex is the best look for a hotel.  If you want, I can ensure that there is an additional tent available.  Just let me know and we look forward to seeing ya!!
And remember folks, the main gate is opened from 8 am to 8 pm.....but there have been people known to make it through after that time.......For those traveling from out of town, pm me and I'll give you my cell number so I can guide you in or help out anyway I can.
John

#19 mjj

mjj

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:40 PM

View PostjohnR, on 14 April 2011 - 07:59 AM, said:

View Postmjj, on 13 April 2011 - 05:17 PM, said:

The wife and I are looking forward to coming for the first time...have been attending SPITS since 2000. Was planning on taking my 2000 BC-10 but I'm in the middle of an unexpected transmission rebuild. Will ride the 09 V-Strom from Hartsville, SC instead. Will probably have to find a motel nearby...can someone recommend one and if you think we'll need a reservation
mjj,
Apex is the best look for a hotel.  If you want, I can ensure that there is an additional tent available.  Just let me know and we look forward to seeing ya!!
And remember folks, the main gate is opened from 8 am to 8 pm.....but there have been people known to make it through after that time.......For those traveling from out of town, pm me and I'll give you my cell number so I can guide you in or help out anyway I can.
John
John,
I booked F&S night at the new B&B in Pittsboro...about 6 miles west on 64. Will be traveling up Fri morning. Won't be able to cary food on the V-Strom so let me know what we can do to contribute...thanks for responding so quick..mike jones

#20 guzzidude

guzzidude

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Cars, motos, anything greasy. MGB GT.

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:19 PM

Will be bringing "a bike" to ride, not "THE BIKE" and bringing the dog, so trailer queening it. Will try to bring conveniences.
MT11 - VFR. R.I.P.- BMW R100GS, R50/5, CB550SS, VStar1100, TS400, V11Sport, TR6/Bonnie, KLX650, GSXR600, etc.

#21 hdflame

hdflame

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Firefighting
    Riding Bikes
    Grilling and Smoking
    Upholstery and Leatherwork

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:22 AM

Hey everybody!

I'll be there on Friday morning if the bridge holds and the creek don't rise!

I talked to QBall yesterday.  He said he was doing a pig...not exactly sure what that might mean coming from QBall! :biggrin:

I'm planning on riding this year instead of bringing the truck and trailer, so I thought I'd just make some sides to go along with the pig.

Looking forward to seeing everybody there!

Bobby Riddle

Ride safe,
Bobby
2006 Ural Tourist
2004 Firefighter Edition Road King
Cell 919-353-1096
Custom Lap Robes
Riddle's Custom Upholstery
Email me

#22 Duckyde

Duckyde

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

Hello all, Sadly we will have to bow out of this rally.  We were hoping to find the time, resources, etc...we will do our best to see you all at the next one!!

Todd -2

Hope you all have a great time!
.....boldly going nowhere....

#23 Rich Maund

Rich Maund

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with three wheels and motors!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:30 AM

Donna and I are leaving shortly. Hope to down there by 6 or 7pm today!

See you guys there!
Rich Maund
Rich's Cycle Upholstery
"Your Ass Will Thank You"
2003 Ural Retro Custom Rig "Oleysia"

#24 guzzidude

guzzidude

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:05 PM

Here are some pics from the rally. We had a great time.

CRAP Rally

Matt
MT11 - VFR. R.I.P.- BMW R100GS, R50/5, CB550SS, VStar1100, TS400, V11Sport, TR6/Bonnie, KLX650, GSXR600, etc.

#25 hdflame

hdflame

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
    Riding Bikes
    Grilling and Smoking

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:14 PM

View Postmrogers, on 01 May 2011 - 03:05 PM, said:

Here are some pics from the rally. We had a great time.

CRAP Rally

Matt

Good pictures Matt!  I packed my camera, but then couldn't find it....till I got home!  The only pics I took were with my phone, and they didn't turn out very well.

Ride safe,
Bobby
2006 Ural Tourist
Cell 919-353-1096
Custom Lap Robes
Email me

#26 guzzidude

guzzidude

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:33 PM

[/quote]Good pictures Matt!  I packed my camera, but then couldn't find it....till I got home!  The only pics I took were with my phone, and they didn't turn out very well.[/quote]

That's too bad Bobby. Did you look @ "the other forum" and see the picks people posted. Quite a bit. Hope you got home safely!

Matt

#27 johnR

johnR

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:41 AM

Boy, what a time. Robbie and I really had a great time. It is just hard to believe that this all started with a couple of folks talking about getting together.  It amazes me every year the caliber of folks that show up....and, of course, the rigs!!  
I want to thank Dwight and his wife-they both work so hard and expect so little. Bill is the "go to" guy that makes things happen and well, all the folks that show up and make this what it is supposed to be. And QBall.....his pig has been the highlight of the rally for the last two years. I don't know how a northern guy can do it, but that is a meal worthy of CRAP if I've ever seen it!! Thank you "QBird" as my grandson calls you  
--------------------------------------------shameless plug-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to Terry Crawford for donating oil change kits (in very nice cases) for door prizes!!!!! BUY SOMETHING FROM TERRY!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe that the trophies turned out real nice and hopefully the winners will find places of honor to display them, cause heck, not everyone can say that they got a piece of CRAP for having the best rig at a rally!!  
Again, too many folks to thank for making this another successful rally, so I'll just say to everyone.....Thanks

#28 hdflame

hdflame

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
    Riding Bikes
    Grilling and Smoking

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:37 PM

View PostjohnR, on 05 May 2011 - 09:41 AM, said:

Boy, what a time. Robbie and I really had a great time. It is just hard to believe that this all started with a couple of folks talking about getting together.  It amazes me every year the caliber of folks that show up....and, of course, the rigs!!  
I want to thank Dwight and his wife-they both work so hard and expect so little. Bill is the "go to" guy that makes things happen and well, all the folks that show up and make this what it is supposed to be. And QBall.....his pig has been the highlight of the rally for the last two years. I don't know how a northern guy can do it, but that is a meal worthy of CRAP if I've ever seen it!! Thank you "QBird" as my grandson calls you  
--------------------------------------------shameless plug-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to Terry Crawford for donating oil change kits (in very nice cases) for door prizes!!!!! BUY SOMETHING FROM TERRY!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe that the trophies turned out real nice and hopefully the winners will find places of honor to display them, cause heck, not everyone can say that they got a piece of CRAP for having the best rig at a rally!!  
Again, too many folks to thank for making this another successful rally, so I'll just say to everyone.....Thanks

I'd also like to say thanks to everyone!  QBall does pretty good for a, a, a, YANKEE! :biggrin: :cheers:   I hope I can make it up to his place soon.

John, a special thanks to you and all of your cooking! :cheers: :party: :party:  I really enjoyed ALL of the food.  It seemed to be non-stop!

Me and the wife took the Road King up to the mountains in VA last Thursday, we just got back. Had some good weather.  Lucked out and missed all of the rain.  Rained all night last night, but cleared up this morning before we left.

It was good to see everyone again this year.  There was so many new people, I don't think I got around to talking to everyone...I apologize if I didn't get to sit and talk with you at the rally...maybe next year!

I'm going to go and check out the pictures on the other site! :smile:

Ride safe,
Bobby
2006 Ural Tourist
Cell 919-353-1096
Custom Lap Robes
Email me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users