Chelan Sidecar Rally, Chelan Washington (May 20th - 23rd)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Buck

Buck

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy riding my Patrol , and spending time with my family

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:01 PM

Tracer , sounds like you are ready to go. Me too. I did some work on the rig today and then took it out for a short 4 hour ride. Nothing fell off and I  got home ok. The rig must be ready.  The wife and I are headed out tomorrow to do some junking . We will put a couple hundred miles on the rig. this will be a good test run. I like taking the Ural that way she can't buy to much Ha Ha.  
Been going through my camping gear. I try to travel lite but this is for 4 nights , so the two burner campstove gets loaded , coffee pot is a must, This year I plan to bring a cot or a large air mattress for some creature comfort . Ice chest is cleaned and waiting to be filled.  

See you there.
Buck

#17 go.warcat

go.warcat

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Interests:Jeeps, backpacking, beer, camping, shooting, Urals!!!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:02 AM

:smile: 6 days! :feelssogood:
2009 Gear-Up Sahara
Name: WARCAT

#18 Buck

Buck

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:41 AM

ONE day closer !!!  Double checking my gear . Don't want to carry to much but I like my creature comforts.  I am hoping to see a bunch of Russian Iron on the road headed for CSR2 on Thursday.  

See ya there.
Buck

#19 go.warcat

go.warcat

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:10 PM

Did you see there's a new CSR2 newsletter out!?!?  Seems that things are pretty much ready to go!! 3 more days!!!  I have no idea how to pack up the Ural so I guess this will be a learning adventure.  I just hope the weather holds.
2009 Gear-Up Sahara

#20 Buck

Buck

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:04 AM

Tracer , It's early Tuseday morning . Two more day's til I hit the road for the CSR2.  Packing your rig will be interesting . I am packed for one and the sidecar is full .  My Mags bag on the rack is full . I have anything that can get wet in trash bags ie sleeping bag , clothes ect.
I put my ice chest on the seat in the sidecar for easy access
Check list.
Tent
Sleeping bag
stove & propane
coffe pot/ coffee
Tarp
Cooking stuff
Clothes
I am sure I will forget something.
The town of Chelan is about 6 miles form the campground.( There is a very good WallMart in Chelan). There is a snack shop right across from the campground entrance. Last year that place was $$$ . There is a good selection of restaurants in Chelan. Nearest gas station is about 5 miles away towards town.

If anyone from the Portland / Vancouver area is headed for the CSR2 and would like to ride up together drop me a note. I am leaving Yacolt area at 6 a.m. Thursday morning . The more rigs on the road the more fun it is.

See you at the CSR2
Buck

#21 go.warcat

go.warcat

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:01 AM

Man!  I wish we could join you on the road.   <_<   I hope to see a sidecar or two on our way over.  If I had the sidecar to pack w/stuff vs. packing it full of my husband I'd be golden! HAHA!  I think we'll be ok.  If we forgot anything ... I'll just trot over to your site!   :thumbsup!:   HAHA!

Thanks for the FYI on Chelan.  I have never been there so I don't know the lay of the land.  The good thing about this run is there are a lot of group feeds.  The way I see it I will only have to worry about 1 dinner, 2 breakfast set ups, campfire crap food and beer.  Coffee is a must though, too.  I think I may have to find a reason to go to REI today at lunch.  I need a coffee pot.

Make sure you take a picture of your rig fully loaded!!  

One more day to go!!  I am super excited!!
2009 Gear-Up Sahara

#22 Buck

Buck

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:11 PM

Tracer , Tuesday's gone . One more work day before  I head for Chelan. .  I looked at the weather forcast  and it looks like rain on the west side of the mountians .  I guess it is going to be like last year. It rained until I got to the pass then it was dry the rest of the way.    
  I guess having the sidecar filled with your husband is better than filled with gear.  My wife is not up to the long ride. She enjoys the shorter rides .  
Have a great ride to the rally.  

See you in Chelan

Buck

#23 go.warcat

go.warcat

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:36 AM

WOOT!   :party: TOMORROW! :party:

I have everything in a pile that needs to be packed and I will take care of that tonight when I get home.  We are going an event called "Taste of Russia" this afternoon (held at a local beer store).  They will have Russian beers up for tasting as well as food.  I wanted to take the Ural to the event but w/this storm coming ... I'll just wear my Russian hat to show my support.  I have been watching the weather closer than Steve Poole these days.  It looks like it's going to be crap filled until up and over the mountains.  I'm ok w/that.  I got Frank all set up w/rain gear so he shouldn't squeek too loudly (I won't hear him w/my helmet on the and engine going anyway ... HAHAAHA!).  Even w/him fillin' the sidecar I think we will still have plenty of room for everything.  I think I thought this packing was going to be tougher than it's actually going to be.  We plan to shove off no later than 0500.

I'm very excited.  Can you tell? haha!

SEE YOU TOMORROW IN CHELAN!!!!!!!!!!!!  

<_<  :thumbsup!:  :biggrin:
2009 Gear-Up Sahara

#24 Buck

Buck

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:25 AM

Tracer , have fun loading your rig. Be safe.

It's 0525 hours and I am getting ready to head out , It is raining hard enough I can not see the end of my driveway ( 200 feet ).  

I think I should have packed a rubber raft  for this trip.

CSR2 here I come.

Buck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users