Chelan Sidecar Rally, Chelan Washington (May 20th - 23rd)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 go.warcat

go.warcat

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Interests:Jeeps, backpacking, beer, camping, shooting, Urals!!!

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:31 AM

http://chelanrally.com/

I'm all signed up, mailed off my dues, booked my campsite and put in for vacation!  My 1st rally ever!  I'm excited!  Anybody else going?!
2009 Gear-Up Sahara
Name: WARCAT

#2 Buck

Buck

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy riding my Patrol , and spending time with my family

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:56 AM

View PostTracer_Fire, on Mar 29 2010, 09:31 AM, said:

http://chelanrally.com/

I'm all signed up, mailed off my dues, booked my campsite and put in for vacation!  My 1st rally ever!  I'm excited!  Anybody else going?!

May 20th is comming up fast.  I went last year and had a great time. Met some very nice like minded people. Saw a good variety of sidecar rigs.
I will be there this year as well . I have campsite as well and it can have two tents on it  , if anyone needs a spot to put up a tent.  I am riding up from the Vancouver area on my Patrol.  I plan to be there by mid afternoon on the 20th.  last year it took me seven hours to get there.  
Look forward to seeing you there.

Buck

#3 go.warcat

go.warcat

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:01 PM

View PostBuck, on Mar 29 2010, 11:56 PM, said:

I will be there this year as well.  Buck

AWESOME!!!!  So very glad to hear there will be somebody else there from Russian Iron!!  Can't wait to meet you in person.

Glad to hear you had such a good time last year.  I can't wait to meet some like minded individuals.  I want to see the sidecar variety as well (LOVE the rig on the main page).  I got my vacation approved today so that just added even more excitement for May 20th to hurry up and get here.  

I have my campsite already, too.  Site 141.  I donno how big this spot is but I'm sure if somebody wanted to set up along w/us they could (I hear the campground is booking FAST).  We will be driving from Puyallup so I have NO idea how long it will take us to get there.  I plan on leaving the same time I leave for work in the morning 0430.  I also want to be there by mid-afternoon on the 20th.  OUCH to 7 hours.  I need to figure out something to do w/my throttle (seems that's the only thing that hurts me the longer I ride THROTTLE HAND).

I know Windmill ('07 Green Patrol) can't make it.  I'll have to see if I can't rattle other Ural / Sidecar owners I know.

Any other takers out there?!?!?!?
2009 Gear-Up Sahara

#4 Buck

Buck

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:17 PM

View PostTracer_Fire, on Mar 30 2010, 10:01 AM, said:

View PostBuck, on Mar 29 2010, 11:56 PM, said:

I will be there this year as well.  Buck

AWESOME!!!!  So very glad to hear there will be somebody else there from Russian Iron!!  Can't wait to meet you in person.

Glad to hear you had such a good time last year.  I can't wait to meet some like minded individuals.  I want to see the sidecar variety as well (LOVE the rig on the main page).  I got my vacation approved today so that just added even more excitement for May 20th to hurry up and get here.  

I have my campsite already, too.  Site 141.  I donno how big this spot is but I'm sure if somebody wanted to set up along w/us they could (I hear the campground is booking FAST).  We will be driving from Puyallup so I have NO idea how long it will take us to get there.  I plan on leaving the same time I leave for work in the morning 0430.  I also want to be there by mid-afternoon on the 20th.  OUCH to 7 hours.  I need to figure out something to do w/my throttle (seems that's the only thing that hurts me the longer I ride THROTTLE HAND).

I know Windmill ('07 Green Patrol) can't make it.  I'll have to see if I can't rattle other Ural / Sidecar owners I know.

Any other takers out there?!?!?!?

Tracy , I will be at campsite 73.  It will be  great to see another Russian Iron member at the rally.  For your throttle . They make a generic throttle lock  that holds the throttle in place so you can take your hand off the throttle. Most are adustable so you can set the tension so it best suits you.  When the lock is released the throttle responds normaly.   Most motorcycle shops have them on the shelf.
It would be nice to see a strong showing of Russian Iron at the rally. Last year there was only 3 or 4 Russian rigs at Chelan.
See you there.
Buck

#5 go.warcat

go.warcat

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:04 AM

View PostBuck, on Mar 30 2010, 08:17 PM, said:

I will be at campsite 73. See you there. Buck

I just found out last night that my buddy from the BMW shop in Fife will be joining us, too!  THREE WHEEL NEIL (as he's known here and over at Soviet Steeds) will be there!  That's 3 of us so far!! WOOT!  I know he will be camping by the beach (all the beach slots were taken by the time I got on the sidecar wagon).  Neil told me that a post went up about this rally already but I couldn't find it anywhere.

THANKS for the info on the throttle lock.  I will be looking into getting one this weekend!  I know something like that will totally help me out.
2009 Gear-Up Sahara

#6 Sidecardoug

Sidecardoug

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:41 PM

I will be there.  Was there last year.  Good rally.  Lots of dirt road riding.  Good people

See you at Lake Chelan

Doug

Seattle

#7 go.warcat

go.warcat

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:07 PM

View PostSidecardoug, on Mar 31 2010, 02:41 PM, said:

I will be there.  Was there last year.  Good rally.  Lots of dirt road riding.  Good people

See you at Lake Chelan

Doug

Seattle

Wah-Hoo!  We have another!!  Where will you be staying Doug?  Niel and Buck will be staying by the lake (in the state park) and I'm in the other part of the campground.  Happy to hear this rally has gotten such rave reviews!!  When you headed out?  We will take off Thursday morning.  I know it will take a spell to get there and I want to make the most out of my vacation time.

Is it May yet?   :beerchug:
2009 Gear-Up Sahara

#8 Sidecardoug

Sidecardoug

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:37 PM

I am at the state park, but don't remember which campsite.  Too lazy to look it up.

I hope to leave on Thursday, but won't know if I can get away in the AM yet.  May go over the North Cascades Hwy.

See you there

#9 Buck

Buck

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:26 AM

View PostTracer_Fire, on Mar 31 2010, 07:04 AM, said:

View PostBuck, on Mar 30 2010, 08:17 PM, said:

I will be at campsite 73. See you there. Buck

I just found out last night that my buddy from the BMW shop in Fife will be joining us, too!  THREE WHEEL NEIL (as he's known here and over at Soviet Steeds) will be there!  That's 3 of us so far!! WOOT!  I know he will be camping by the beach (all the beach slots were taken by the time I got on the sidecar wagon).  Neil told me that a post went up about this rally already but I couldn't find it anywhere.

THANKS for the info on the throttle lock.  I will be looking into getting one this weekend!  I know something like that will totally help me out.

Looks like there might be a good showing of Russian Iron at this years  rally.
see you on the road.
Buck

#10 Baxter's driver

Baxter's driver

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • Interests:2006 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100<br />2005 KLR 650<br />2004 Ural Tourist

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:42 PM

We've had a fair number of layoffs at work, so now we're short-staffed.  I'll see if I can finagle the time off and put my Tourist to work and ride up.

I went to the national USCA rally in Stevenson, WA, several years back and had a nice time.  I also discovered I'm not that much into sidecars, but rather am into Urals and BMW airhead with Steibs.  I saw lots of Goldwing hacks, cruiser hacks, and in crime against nature, a ST1300 with a hack.  Meh.  Maybe a second exposure of non-Russian Iron is needed to appreciate non-Russian Iron.   :thumbsup!:
Once you go hack, you'll never go back.

------------------------------------------
2004 Ural Tourist

tapping foot waiting for Ural ST to become available

2005 KLR 650 in faster, er, dustier red color

#11 go.warcat

go.warcat

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:15 AM

View PostBaxter's driver, on Apr 1 2010, 08:42 PM, said:

We've had a fair number of layoffs at work, so now we're short-staffed.  I'll see if I can finagle the time off and put my Tourist to work and ride up.

I went to the national USCA rally in Stevenson, WA, several years back and had a nice time.  I also discovered I'm not that much into sidecars, but rather am into Urals and BMW airhead with Steibs.  I saw lots of Goldwing hacks, cruiser hacks, and in crime against nature, a ST1300 with a hack.  Meh.  Maybe a second exposure of non-Russian Iron is needed to appreciate non-Russian Iron.   :biggrin:

$$ is tight ... so it the available time off.  I hear you loud and clear on this one!  I think we all need to take a little time for ourselves though (so we don't co CrAzY in the process).  I give up a lot of my time for others so it's time I take some time for ME!  I'm looking FWD: to the long ride and camping (maybe a beer or two  :thumbsup!: ).  I donno if attending a rally is my thing or not (1st one EVER!!) but I'll give it a whorl.  I am already in  :wub: love :wub:  w/the Ural and nothing is going to change my mind (BMWs still turn my head).  I want to see OUTRAGEOUS sidecar set ups though.  I'm sure I will stick w/my own kind if given the chance.

Is it May yet??  Hope to see you there Bax!!
2009 Gear-Up Sahara

#12 George Fuller

George Fuller

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:road trips , renn fairs, jeeps, working on the land

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:00 PM

I wish I could make that, it sounds like a blast. I'll be starting my busy season of ever circling spirals hitting all the state parks for camping adventures this summer. Maybe next year. :thumbsup!:

#13 go.warcat

go.warcat

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:23 PM

View PostGeorge Fuller, on Apr 2 2010, 11:00 AM, said:

I wish I could make that, it sounds like a blast. I'll be starting my busy season of ever circling spirals hitting all the state parks for camping adventures this summer. Maybe next year. :thumbsup!:

Sorry to hear you can't makeit George.  It would be a haul for you!  But maybe next year!  You would win the Iron Butt for sure!  You will have to keep an eye out for the after action report!  I'm sure there will be lots of pictures posted.
2009 Gear-Up Sahara

#14 Buck

Buck

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

15 day's til I hit the road for the United Sidecar Rally at Lake Chelan Washington.  I plan to depart the Vancouver Washington are in the early a.m. on the 20th.  This year I will go east on  highway 14 to the Goldendale turn off. Then point the rig north and just go. .
The rig is ready and I am for sure.  A nice long ride is something that I look forward to.  I hope to be at the campground by early afternoon . Get camp setup and then check in at rally headquarters.
Hope to see  others at the rally riding Russian Iron.

Buck

Note : Tom Wells emailed me ( The Washington State  USCA Rep ).  He told that the Chelan Sidecar Rally is not USCA sponsored like last year . It has been organized by d'Lynn.  No matter it should be a great time.

#15 go.warcat

go.warcat

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:39 AM

View PostBuck, on May 5 2010, 05:31 PM, said:

15 day's til I hit the road for the United Sidecar Rally at Lake Chelan Washington.

Hey Buck!!

I was JUST on the rally website looking at events and reading other posts. I have been checking RIMC for posts about as well.  What can I say ... I'm super excited, too!!  The WARCAT will need a bath before I head that way but all-in-all ... we're READY!!  Oh, guess I should pack my camping stuff, too.   :biggrin:   I donno when I will get there.  I plan on hitting the road at 5am on the 20th but I'm not sure what my route will be.  I don't want to take the Super Slab but don't really know another way.

I have a feeling the next week and a 1/2 will DRAG!!

TRACER
2009 Gear-Up Sahara

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users