Jump to content


CRAP Rally


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 JerseyBlues

JerseyBlues

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Joined:24-August 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Tennessee

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:31 PM

Besides, it's only a 40% chance of rain...that's 60% chance of NO RAIN!!!
Scott

2004 Ural Patrol

#32 hdflame

hdflame

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined:06-December 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sanford, NC
  • Interests:Firefighting
    Riding Bikes
    Grilling and Smoking
    Upholstery and Leatherwork

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:47 PM

OK, first of all, Rich, bring the tarps!  If you bring them, it will be sunny!

Second, weather update.  The last report I heard was it's getting cooler, which is OK.  The rain should come in Thursday night and finish early Fri morning.  Then no rain till late on Sunday!

HOOOOORAY!

Let's hope it stays that way! :biggrin:   I'm ready for a couple of  :beerchug:

Looks like I might be late coming in on Friday night.  I have to watch my son till the wife gets home.  And I think I'm just going to throw an air mattress in my truck to sleep on.  I still haven't bought a tent and that will be the easiest thing to do.  I'll have to share some picnic table and shelter space with someone.

I'm putting on a Boston Butt tomorrow for a slow cook to make some pulled pork.  I'll try to make some slaw too.

Ride safe,
Bobby
2006 Ural Tourist
2004 Firefighter Edition Road King
Cell 919-353-1096
Custom Lap Robes
Riddle's Custom Upholstery
Email me

#33 hdflame

hdflame

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined:06-December 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sanford, NC
  • Interests:Firefighting
    Riding Bikes
    Grilling and Smoking
    Upholstery and Leatherwork

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:24 PM

Latest update, Sat looks to be nice but cold, bring warm clothes and firewood!  Rain could be back in as early as Sun morning.

We've got to party and ride Saturday!

Ride safe,
Bobby
2006 Ural Tourist
2004 Firefighter Edition Road King
Cell 919-353-1096
Custom Lap Robes
Riddle's Custom Upholstery
Email me

#34 Rich Maund

Rich Maund

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Joined:29-November 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chesapeake, Va. USA
  • Interests:Anything to do with three wheels and motors!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:34 PM

Looks like Donna will attend with me.

But no joy trying to get my rear brake working again by bleeding it. Whatever is wrong my vac pump won't even pull fluid through the system!

Looks like it is finally time for me to install that recall brake kit they sent me years ago. Gotta pull the chair off to do it well, so I wasn't looking forward to it. At least I have all the parts and a fresh set of shoes to totally rebuild it with.

So Donna and I will come down in the van and pull our little pop up tent behind it.

To help hold off rain..... I bought Donna a new rain suit today. Also, I am bringing a couple good tarps and twine that we can set up in the trees to make shelters from. Double whammy there. The rain should go looking for easier pickings this way.

We'll be down there some time around mid day tomorrow (Friday).
Rich Maund
Rich's Cycle Upholstery
"Your Ass Will Thank You"
2003 Ural Retro Custom Rig "Oleysia"




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users