Jersey Devil Hunt May 14-16

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: campsite (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Where shall we stay

1. Paradise Lake (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Atsion (5 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

3. Byrne (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 canonmanmart

canonmanmart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:51 PM

Marty from north Jersey will be there on Friday. Does thecampground know to put us together as a group?
[b]Marty Hymen  "Jersey Devil Chaser"
2008 klr 650
2006 Ural Gear-Up
2004 Roadking-SOLD
1981 HD Wideglide-SOLD
2008 HD Cross Bones-NEW
2009 Ducati Multistrada-NEW

#17 XtremeMachines.us

XtremeMachines.us

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:48 PM

Riding down Saturday after work sounds like a plan, as long as I don't sell the Gear-Up by then.

#18 pushrod

pushrod

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, fishing, traditional archery, muzzleloaders, the civil war, old cars and motorcycles.

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:51 PM

I'm going to try and made it this year if I can get my rig on the road by then.
Pushrod

#19 IVANGROZNEY

IVANGROZNEY

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:14 PM

View Postcanonmanmart, on Apr 16 2010, 08:51 PM, said:

Marty from north Jersey will be there on Friday. Does thecampground know to put us together as a group?

This is a state park campground, so your kind of on your own. It should be realtively empty this time of year. Try to get a spot near the bathrooms. Lazy bastard me has not made a reservation yet. I'll post where it is when I get around to it.
New Jersey Ken,
94 Tourist w/750 original owner
95 Solo Dr Jeckel
Traveling Twelve 04
Vice Commissar Eastern Seaboard Division CURD

#20 JerseyBlues

JerseyBlues

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:14 PM

I spoke to Atsion Campground today.

The Group site only has pit toilets, no showers, hand pump water only, ticks and chiggers. $2 per night and you are not allowed to use the facilities at the Family Campground. The ticks and chiggers are no extra charge. Doesn't seem like what we want...

The Family Campground costs $20 per site per night. You can have two vehicles, two tents and up to six people on each site. Hot showers, flush toilets, running water, buffet breakfast, linen service every morning. (Ok, just kidding about the buffet breakfast and linen service...)

Ms Park Ranger said she wants to put us all together at the entrance to the campground so we don't disturb any other campers with our motorcycles. Although they have no other campers reserved for that weekend. None.

Since we are a "special group of aging Veterans on vintage WWII-type motorcycles that will be filming a documentary about the Jersey Devil", she penciled us in for sites 13, 14, 15, 23, 24, 25, and maybe sites 16 and 17 if we need them, without a reservation deposit. One person representing each site has to go to the office with a drivers license on Friday. The sites are all together.
http://www.njparksan...atsign-map.html

Some are riding to my house Friday morning, then following me to Atsion. We should be at the campground by noon.

Nina's is now The Outpost. And Nina doesn't work there anymore.  :(  They still serve breakfast and lunch only, but I don't know if the menu is the same...certainly the scenery has changed  :feelssogood:
Scott

2004 Ural Patrol

#21 JerseyBlues

JerseyBlues

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:21 PM

So far I count 13 people on 11 rigs that are confirmed; several additional "maybes".

Rigs are coming from NC, DC, PA, NJ, CT; maybes from VA, SC...
Scott

2004 Ural Patrol

#22 JerseyBlues

JerseyBlues

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:28 AM

Tomorrow is the day!

I will be arriving around noon with a couple of others. We will set up our camp and get some riding in before the bulk of the other Devil Hunters arrive around 1700-1800.

QBall volunteered to make chili and beef snacks for Friday's dinner...he's a good cook from what I sampled at the CRAP rally, so this ain't gonna be no 'camp' food...

I believe the final count is 13 rigs and 16 or 17 people, although is101king lives nearby so he and his brother Pete won't be camping Friday or Saturday night...

Remember- no beer in the campground. I'm bringing a case of Russian 'milk' to drink and share. It's kind of funny looking- brown with foam when you pour it into your milk mug, but it goes great with chili! :beer!:

:smile:  :feelssogood:  :wino:
Scott

2004 Ural Patrol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users