116 replies to this topic

#106 Red25

Red25

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:37 AM

View PostTracer_Fire, on Nov 21 2009, 03:43 AM, said:

12:41am and I am STILL awake!  Ugh!  1st day of the sidecar class.  It was a ball but I have a LOT to read!!  I still have some stuff to go over but I am BEAT!  I will get hardly any sleep tonight.  *wah*  Written test is already tomorrow!  *gulp*  Got all my ducks in a row.  I'm ready!!

Mark ... I LOVED the pictures!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks for posting them!!  It looked like a ball!  I wish I knew what the hell I was doing ... I'd ask to go with!!  Glad you guys found some snow.  This weekend is going to be crap filled (weather wise) so I'm sure the mountians will be getting nailed.

Off to get some sleep!!

Tracer,

Congratulations on the new machine looks great!!!

Sorry the the Zombie file wouldn't up load, but I'm sure you got to see it on youtube.

Red October coming soon!!! If it doesn't arrive when quoted I'll be hospitalized.

I've included a quote from a friend who's a writer of fiction and non fiction about Russian subs and Soviet military thought you might get a smile from his response to THE machine.

"Strong patriotic rush brings to Amerika a Red October from the Great Patriotic War. Former Soviet persons approve of such a decision. Much glory to Motherland. Also must have helmets and goggles from Red Air Force when on road with machine and wife in side car. Order machine gun later. Vodka, too."

HAPPY RIDING!

Red25
'10 Red October - "Baba Yaga"

#107 go.warcat

go.warcat

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Interests:Jeeps, backpacking, beer, camping, shooting, Urals!!!

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:23 PM

Thanks Pat in NH!!  I really love this rig!  I can't wait to get it (1 more day to wait)!

As of this afternoon I am now the proud holder of a WA State M5 completion card!  I get to get my sidecar endorsement!  I got to fly the sidecar and everything!  What a lot of fun!  We all got DUMPED on for most of the weekend but the class was still OUTSTANDING!  NOW ... to wait until Tuesday!!
2009 Gear-Up Sahara
Name: WARCAT

#108 kraut-60

kraut-60

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:04 PM

View PostTracer_Fire, on Nov 22 2009, 05:23 PM, said:

Thanks Pat in NH!!  I really love this rig!  I can't wait to get it (1 more day to wait)!

As of this afternoon I am now the proud holder of a WA State M5 completion card!  I get to get my sidecar endorsement!  I got to fly the sidecar and everything!  What a lot of fun!  We all got DUMPED on for most of the weekend but the class was still OUTSTANDING!  NOW ... to wait until Tuesday!!

Congrats Tracer! I'll bet you dont sleep much 'til you get your rig. What'd ya think of flying that puppy? Cool aint it?....Viel Gluck!(good luck) :thumbsup!:
2007 Gear-Up Desert Camo "Lotta Funn"
2009 Mustang "Bullitt" The Lieutenant
2003 Rott-ador OZZY "Crummy Dog"
1999 Ford CVPI "winter beater" the sergeant

#109 go.warcat

go.warcat

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:12 AM

Congrats Tracer! I'll bet you dont sleep much 'til you get your rig. What'd ya think of flying that puppy? Cool aint it?....Viel Gluck!(good luck) :thumbsup!:
[/quote]

Flying the sidecar was ... well ... VERY INTERESTING!!  It took me a few times in a tight circle to get it in the air.  Keeping it up was no problem ... as long as I was going in a circle.  In a straight line?  Ugh!  TOUGH!  It will come w/practice I'm sure.  The rig I was on was SUPER TINY!  But it was easy for me to learn on (this was my 1st time on sidecar rig ... never been on a motorcycle before either).  The car had Russian writing on it (don't know what make that was either).

I will post pictures of my Ural as soon as Tuesday gets here!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files

2009 Gear-Up Sahara

#110 Bilge Keel Dave

Bilge Keel Dave

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts
  • Interests:Beautiful Wife, Beer, Bikes, Boats, Books, British Cars.

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:48 AM

I had a heck of a time keeping the car in the air, when I took that class too!

It's a Russian Sputnik sidecar.

Dave
RAMCO Dnepr MT-16

#111 northbendmark

northbendmark

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:25 AM

View PostTracer_Fire, on Nov 22 2009, 07:23 PM, said:

Congratulations on getting your endorsement!  Your ahead of me now.  Looking forward to some pictures.  Good on you for sticking with it through the rain storms.

#112 neil

neil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Land Rover 110 CSW (Overland prep)<br />Ural/Dnepr<br />Classic cars

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:54 AM

Looking forward to seeing the pics!!!!

Gonna do my level best at keeping 3 wheels firmly planted myself though ....LOL

Cheers,
Neil,
Belgium.

1993 Dnepr MT16
1990 Landrover Defender 110 CSW

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain"

#113 P11 Ranger

P11 Ranger

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Blues Guitar, Cooking

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:50 PM

Trace,

Looks like tomorrow is the big day for you. You'll be grinning so much your face will hurt. Enjoy!

I was suppose to do my sidecar training this past weekend but had to pass on it. Too much time on the road with work to then have to spend the weekend away from home.

Good luck with the new bike.
Paul
2006 Ural Gear-Up
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"

#114 jules

jules

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:22 PM

Anyone heard from Tracy ?  
Thought we might have a report and some pictures by now
or perhaps the Ural has 100 % of her attention. :feelssogood:
2008 URAL TOURIST

I started out with nothing and have most of it left.

#115 go.warcat

go.warcat

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:54 PM

View Postjules, on Nov 25 2009, 10:22 AM, said:

The Ural has 100% of my attention...already!! I will report in (w/new pictures) tonight! Promise!! Quick note: I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2009 Gear-Up Sahara

#116 Steven

Steven

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Not in any particular order: Uralling, skiing, smoking good cheap cigars, drinking good cheap bourbon, drinking good beer, eating dark chocolate, drinking good coffee, theology, politics, general outdoorsy stuff, the three awesomely wonderful ladies in my life. I like my beer like my personality (stong and bitter), and I like my coffee like I like my women...(of course if you met my wife you wouldn't believe me, but never tell truth at the expense of a good story). I believe every man should have a vice..or two or three (it makes it easier to buy him presents--my father fails miserably in this area).

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:48 PM

Tracer--So, does the Ural have a place at your TG dinner table?  Or are you eating off a tray in your sidecar?  Glad you got the class done before your pickup date.  Now the biggest problem will be finding enough excuses to be riding.  I used to buy as many items in bulk to avoid trips to the store.  Now the opposite philosophy is in play.  Almost drove it up Mt. Hood to ski yesterday--that day is coming.
Steven

View PostTracer_Fire, on Nov 25 2009, 01:54 PM, said:

View Postjules, on Nov 25 2009, 10:22 AM, said:

The Ural has 100% of my attention...already!! I will report in (w/new pictures) tonight! Promise!! Quick note: I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steven (AKA IceBeard)

#117 go.warcat

go.warcat

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:43 PM

Believe it or not Steven but I tested the sidecar out for sleeping purposes last night.  It is rather cozy.  Guess where I just got back from?  Uraling!!!  I returned a DVD, mailed a letter (it HAD to go to the post office), took it over to a my "2nd parent's" house, met a buddy for a soda at the local watering hole and now I'm home.  This is my 2nd night ride and I'm getting better.  I would love to take this one to the mts. for snowboarding!!  What a ball that would be!!  In the future ...

I opened up a new thread.  Check out my Ural Homecoming pictures there!!  This thread was getting ubber long so I thought I'd start a new one so you wouldn't have to dig so far to find pictures.
2009 Gear-Up Sahara

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users