• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 GAVNO

GAVNO

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Interests:Amateur radio (W9LBB), plus short wave listening (signals intercept & traffic analysis), dog sports (canine agility competition, and a little conformation ring), deer hunting, competitive combat pistol shooting (.45ACP, .357, .44 magnum), old movies, classical music. Add to the list astronomy, and ATM (Amateur Telescope Making).

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:24 PM

Greetings, Troops!

Just posting notification that the 2009 Spring Slimy Crud Run will take place on Sunday, 3 MAY 2009.

As usual, starts at about 10:00 AM (give or take) at the Red Mouse Tavern.

Take whatever path you choose to Leland, Wisconsin, and then return.

No prizes, no recognition, no competition to speak of, except for the usual bunch of young Hot Rocks who
wanna show off by blowing the carbon out of thier crotch rockets.

Just a fun ride with a whole bunch of other bikes of every description, flipping the finger to that damned
ground hawg who said thare'd be six more weeks of winter. Just enjoying the scenery around the Wisconsin
River, and rubbing elbows with other bikers at both ends of the trail.

Gavno

Owner & Operator of the Mahon Loomis Memorial Short Wave Radio Monitoring Station and Irish Setter Retirement Home.
Lover of complicated radios, simple motorcycles, and friendly old dogs.
ABATE Wisconsin ____________ Patriot Guard Riders
Favorite bumper sticker: I WONDER... WOULD YOU DRIVE ANY BETTER WITH THAT CELLPHONE SHOVED UP YOUR ASS?
Spiritual Brother to Don Quixote De La Mancha...
          CONNOISEIER OF ROLLER DERBY, KILTS, AND OTHER ESOTERIC EFFLUVIA

#2 Ken Ulrich

Ken Ulrich

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles,sidecars,airplanes,model airplanes,metal working( machinist) wood working, beer drinking ( one a day). staying busy. updating MT11 "Sweet Thang" ( silk purse from a sows ear) not silk yet, but getting close. talking to god so that I may take it all with me

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:48 AM

LeLand, Wi, they still have wild Indians out there in that wilderness? Geeze....Well I shall bring my trusty Dneper, out run even the best ponies, and sharp Arrows...sounds like fun.....Ken

#3 Lyle

Lyle

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:Weird stuff

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:05 PM

Another good run in Wisconsin is the Spring flood Run on the 3rd Sat in April. Running ahead of the pack is best though.
LL

[/quote]

#4 GAVNO

GAVNO

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Interests:Amateur radio (W9LBB), plus short wave listening (signals intercept & traffic analysis), dog sports (canine agility competition, and a little conformation ring), deer hunting, competitive combat pistol shooting (.45ACP, .357, .44 magnum), old movies, classical music. Add to the list astronomy, and ATM (Amateur Telescope Making).

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:21 AM

View PostKen Ulrich, on Mar 18 2009, 09:48 AM, said:

LeLand, Wi, they still have wild Indians out there in that wilderness? Geeze....Well I shall bring my trusty Dneper, out run even the best ponies, and sharp Arrows...sounds like fun.....Ken

Howdy, Ken!

If ya DO make it, I'll be looking for ya...   I was a bit dissappointed last year; as near as I can tell, I was the ONLY Russian representative at the Fall Crud Run.

The starting point is actually in Pine Bluff, WI, in the extreme southwest 'burbs of Madison, at the Red Mouse.

The Crud is well represented on You Tube; here's a sample.

Gavno

Owner & Operator of the Mahon Loomis Memorial Short Wave Radio Monitoring Station and Irish Setter Retirement Home.
Favorite bumper sticker: I WONDER... WOULD YOU DRIVE ANY BETTER WITH THAT CELLPHONE SHOVED UP YOUR ASS?

#5 chriso

chriso

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Interests:I collect 18th century artifacts, and Manhatten project artifacts. I dabble in electron Microscopy, and proton beam machines. I also reenact both American and British 18th century military.

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:01 PM

The Rollers have a bout that Sat, but I can try to make it. :rolleyes:  I'll look at the work schedule too.  Misery Lou says hi, BTW. It is about a 4 hour ride from here.
chriso
97 Ural BC
07 Royal Enfield
'00 Great Pyrenees and a dogsled.
"nice boots, where's your horse?"
"Parked right out there, he's iron and eats Dinosaurs"

#6 GAVNO

GAVNO

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:15 AM

View Postchriso, on Mar 19 2009, 12:01 PM, said:

The Rollers have a bout that Sat, but I can try to make it. :thumbsup!:  I'll look at the work schedule too.  Misery Lou says hi, BTW. It is about a 4 hour ride from here.
chriso

Oh Jeeze...  I forgot all about the Dairyland Dolls schedule!

I'll have to check that; they NEED thier ticket taker and scorekeeper!

Gavno the Ugly,
Trainee referee (once I learn how to skate!!!)

#7 chriso

chriso

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Interests:I collect 18th century artifacts, and Manhatten project artifacts. I dabble in electron Microscopy, and proton beam machines. I also reenact both American and British 18th century military.

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:48 AM

Trainee referee (once I learn how to skate!!!)[/i][/b]

Yeah, at the last Rockford bout there were refs from Rockford and Chicago. Need more. My work schedule keeps me away from most bouts, but I hope to make a Rollers and a Dolls bout sometime this season.
97 Ural BC
07 Royal Enfield

#8 GAVNO

GAVNO

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:54 AM

View Postchriso, on Mar 20 2009, 09:48 AM, said:

Trainee referee (once I learn how to skate!!!)[/i][/b]

Yeah, at the last Rockford bout there were refs from Rockford and Chicago. Need more. My work schedule keeps me away from most bouts, but I hope to make a Rollers and a Dolls bout sometime this season.

BTW, did you hear? We're down one ref here.

Eddie Lizzard took a bad fall at the last bout (Rockford); broken leg. That's it for the season.

#9 chriso

chriso

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:13 PM

how is camping at Blue Mounds? Looks OK until you add up the camping fee, vehicle permit etc. Then it costs as much as a hotel.
Prefer camping, though.
97 Ural BC
07 Royal Enfield

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users